Tennessee Highway Patrol chopper pilo...

Tennessee Highway Patrol chopper pilot arrested on DUI charge

There are 12 comments on the The Tennessean story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Tennessee Highway Patrol chopper pilot arrested on DUI charge. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

A Tennessee Highway Patrol helicopter pilot is grounded after being arrested on a DUI charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

pete

Crossville, TN

#1 Aug 4, 2010
you mean x trooper

“"Baffle them with BS"”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 4, 2010
pete wrote:
you mean x trooper
I doubt it. Chopper Pilots aren't exactly lined up to apply for positions with THP. They are rather hard to find. So, I doubt anything drastic will happen. A letter of reprimand, maybe couple days with out pay, that's about it. And any way, he has only been charged with it, not convicted of it. Two different things....
Shagnasty

Ringgold, GA

#3 Aug 4, 2010
was he DUI or FUI (flying under influence)?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 4, 2010
DUI
rumor

Crossville, TN

#5 Aug 4, 2010
I find it rather odd that he was charged at all. What about the "brotherhood"?
sunny

Crossville, TN

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Party Neutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. Chopper Pilots aren't exactly lined up to apply for positions with THP. They are rather hard to find. So, I doubt anything drastic will happen. A letter of reprimand, maybe couple days with out pay, that's about it. And any way, he has only been charged with it, not convicted of it. Two different things....
however the thp has zero tolerance
pete

Crossville, TN

#7 Aug 4, 2010
Party Neutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. Chopper Pilots aren't exactly lined up to apply for positions with THP. They are rather hard to find. So, I doubt anything drastic will happen. A letter of reprimand, maybe couple days with out pay, that's about it. And any way, he has only been charged with it, not convicted of it. Two different things....
the thp officer that was caught in knoxville either buying or selling dope ,hasnt been convicted yet and he was fired

“"Baffle them with BS"”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 4, 2010
pete wrote:
<quoted text> the thp officer that was caught in knoxville either buying or selling dope ,hasnt been convicted yet and he was fired
He drives a car. He does not fly a helicopter. Dope dealing is different than DUI. Not that I condone either one. I am just saying that his job skills preclude THP from just hiring another one. Little more difficult to fly a chopper than drive a car. Just saying. Time will tell
want to be a

Crossville, TN

#9 Aug 4, 2010
I think it is amazing that these guys has got one of the best jobs in the world and would do some stupid things. I have been trying to get a job as a trooper and can not even get my foot in the door. What do I need to do to get a patrol job?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 5, 2010
want to be a wrote:
I think it is amazing that these guys has got one of the best jobs in the world and would do some stupid things. I have been trying to get a job as a trooper and can not even get my foot in the door. What do I need to do to get a patrol job?
First you need to go to www.tn.gov I believe is the state website...I currently work for the state also if you know any of the trooper's talk to them...Good Luck!
annonamoose

Cookeville, TN

#11 Sep 7, 2010
Is there anywhere where one can get a paper application to apply with thp? It won't let me submit mine via tn.gov ...
stateemployee

Smyrna, TN

#12 Sep 7, 2010
That's strange that it won't let you submit..maybe you should try taking it to THP Headquarters in Cookeville...just a thought

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erich and Victoria Begley 30 min Nasty 4
Big johns bbq 45 min Uh huh 2
Dangerous Ex-Felon On Run 1 hr bark 20
To the women who were 9-17 y/o in the 90s-00s 2 hr Umm 49
Vaccinate your children! 3 hr well 6
Buh BYE fraud 5 hr 10 o clock people 3
Guy arrested Naked eating on top table Captain D 6 hr 10 o clock people 5

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages