Section 8 is here to stay

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Since you people have a penchant...or OBSESSION really, with all things "government assistance", then lets discuss this too.

I'll refer to it as the "double benefit whammy".
While it does help low income people, especially retirees, to pay rent and have a nice to live, the bigger picture is all the property management companies across the country who rely on that section 8 check coming into them for the housing of their section 8 clientel.

Its is these property management companies who have the real political clout to affect change in that system, but what change do you think they would ever want besides MORE MONEY?

Every subsidy that appears to help someone in need helps large corporations or lobbying groups...MORE!

You Republican idiots really need to shut your pie holes because their is no way the Republicans are actually against these programs.
The Original Obamaphone

Pulaski, TN

#2 Nov 7, 2012
What in the hell are you frothing about now, grasshopper?

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/09/the-...

By Joseph Shattan on 3.9.10 @ 6:07AM

Once upon a time, there was a happy-go-lucky grasshopper who lived only to have fun. All through the long summer days, he would sing and dance, and laugh at the industrious ants who were busily preparing for winter. But then cruel winter came, and the grasshopper was starving. In desperation, he approached the ants' nest and begged for food. "You should have danced less and worked more," the ants scolded him, but then, being basically kind-hearted creatures, they decided to give him a few of their hard-won crumbs.

The next summer was exactly like the one before: Once more, the ants worked without pause, while the grasshopper sang and danced. When winter came, he appealed to the ants again, only this time, he brought his 10,000 children along with him. "It's thanks to your kindness," he said, "that I made it through the winter, and was able to father these little ones. Surely, you won't let us all starve to death."

The ants convened a meeting of their Council to decide what to do. On the one hand, they felt a certain responsibility for the grasshopper and his huge brood; on the other hand, feeding 10,000 growing grasshoppers could make a serious dent in their winter provisions.

Finally, one Council member had a brilliant idea. "Let's just take some food from the hardest-working ants. They've got more than enough, and won't mind sharing their good fortune with the needy grasshoppers."

The Council-of-Ants thought this was a splendid plan, and quickly acted on it. As a result, the grasshoppers survived the winter, the ants congratulated themselves on their compassion, and hardly anyone noticed that the hardest-working ants, whose food had been seized, left the nest in disgust.

Summer came around once again, and once again the grasshoppers danced and sang, while the ants toiled and saved. But without the hardest-working ants to do the heavy-lifting, the ants did not get very much accomplished, and barely accumulated enough food to get themselves through the winter.

And then, one cold and snowy day, the ants heard an ominous rumble approaching ever-closer. It was the sound of a million grasshoppers, all converging on their tiny ant-hill. "Since time immemorial," Grandfather Grasshopper solemnly declared, "the ant people have shared their winter provisions with the grasshopper people. We demand that you do so now, immediately, or we'll destroy your nest, and take by force what is rightfully ours."

This is how the Dilemma of the Welfare State, aka the Entitlement Crisis, came into the world.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3 Nov 7, 2012
I guess I brought up a subject that aren't knowledgeable about (shock...shock) and therefore you must revert to fairy tales (makes sense in your make believe world) in order to reply with some kind of long and drawn out mumbo jumbo in order to hear yourself talk.

If you want to eliminate subsidies...ELIMINATE ALL OF THEM...ALL AT ONCE!!!

Don't just screw over the most needy or those with no lobbiests...make it apply to EVERYBODY!

Hmmm...a Big Mac might cost you three dollars afterwards, but with all the savings on taxes you'll be able to afford it.
Kathie

Manchester, TN

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
I guess I brought up a subject that aren't knowledgeable about (shock...shock) and therefore you must revert to fairy tales (makes sense in your make believe world) in order to reply with some kind of long and drawn out mumbo jumbo in order to hear yourself talk.
If you want to eliminate subsidies...ELIMINATE ALL OF THEM...ALL AT ONCE!!!
Don't just screw over the most needy or those with no lobbiests...make it apply to EVERYBODY!
Hmmm...a Big Mac might cost you three dollars afterwards, but with all the savings on taxes you'll be able to afford it.
Ms Obama don't want us eating dem big macs.
Newsflash

Crossville, TN

#5 Nov 8, 2012
We would still be paying just as many taxes. Only difference would be more wasting of a different sort. People have bumped their heads if they think cutting programs like that would save us a ton on taxes cause it isn't gonna happen.
Newsflash

Crossville, TN

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Kathie wrote:
<quoted text>Ms Obama don't want us eating dem big macs.
Oh and for those of you that judged this comment as "clueless, disagree, etc"... She very much DOESN'T. That's no secret to anyone.
realist

Crossville, TN

#8 Nov 8, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9

The real reason for Obamacare is to have more subjects to test new drugs on. We are but a few years away from a situation like district 9 the only difference is that it will be US citizens quarantined. The quarantined are will be New York where it will be easier to trough people to die rather than rebuild.
I would suggest stocking up on ammo, I have read stories that sales are up since Obama's reelection. Why is that?
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/gun-s...
http://news.investors.com/business/110712-632...
http://www.google.com/#q=gun+sales+up+since+O...
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Another post was obliterated by a failure of the fast food industry. Perhaps the Original Fry Cook hit the Crybaby button and squealed?

Remember, boys and girls, if you're fired from McDonalds or Burger King, Topix is where you go to die.

LAFF!!!!
realist

Crossville, TN

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Irving wrote:
Another post was obliterated by a failure of the fast food industry. Perhaps the Original Fry Cook hit the Crybaby button and squealed?
Remember, boys and girls, if you're fired from McDonalds or Burger King, Topix is where you go to die.
LAFF!!!!
Do you ever post stuff trying to get it removed? I do, Topix is like a game.
realist

Crossville, TN

#11 Nov 8, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever post stuff trying to get it removed? I do, Topix is like a game.
Post a name and a phone number!! It can be made up. It doesn't matter.

I'll do it in my next post
realist

Crossville, TN

#12 Nov 8, 2012
The number to section * housing here in Crossville is 1-800-456-2262 ask for Jerry Smith, he will fix you up in a nice Obama house and help you with all the paperwork for the Obamapackage.
realist

Crossville, TN

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
http://www.mcdonalds.com.pk/products/view/men...
It already costs $3
Mobile_Amused

Morrison, TN

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Irving wrote:
LAFF!!!!
Huh, more fast food insults.

<yawn>
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#16 Nov 9, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mcdonalds.com.pk/products/view/men...
It already costs $3
Well what would I know about McDonalds since I never eat there?
I sometimes see commercials on TV when they have a two for one special of some kind, but otherwise I don't eat there.

MAC's is for fatties!
realist

Crossville, TN

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what would I know about McDonalds since I never eat there?
I sometimes see commercials on TV when they have a two for one special of some kind, but otherwise I don't eat there.
MAC's is for fatties!
Tried a mac once, the special souce stopped me from going further in. Micky D's ain't my fav. the salads were good but pricy, they went down hill fast though.

Zaxby's and Cracker Barrel are pretty good salads.

Sonic and Wendy's has good burgers.

We don't eat out as much as we used to, we try to be a little more self sufficiant so we kill or own beef and hogs and soon to add chickens and eggs to the lot. Gardens arn't really my forte but we have farmer's markets.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#18 Nov 9, 2012
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried a mac once, the special souce stopped me from going further in. Micky D's ain't my fav. the salads were good but pricy, they went down hill fast though.
Zaxby's and Cracker Barrel are pretty good salads.
Sonic and Wendy's has good burgers.
We don't eat out as much as we used to, we try to be a little more self sufficiant so we kill or own beef and hogs and soon to add chickens and eggs to the lot. Gardens arn't really my forte but we have farmer's markets.
Oh..so you're a farmer?
I like farmers.
There is nothing wrong with being a farmer and raising your own food, but America isn't so much like that any more.

What a great thing to have land and to be able to do that and be self sufficient.
Its understandable why most farmers vote Republican, however for those who live in a crappy little apartment, how are they supposed to be able to do those same things?

Typical Republican response is.."Its not my problem".

Well..crime..meth labs..poverty ARE your problem....no matter how many guns you may own.

If I had a chance to own a farm, I would leave Florida to do that!
But I don't...so I stay here on my little plot of land at the mercy of the "powers that be".
realist

Crossville, TN

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh..so you're a farmer?
I like farmers.
There is nothing wrong with being a farmer and raising your own food, but America isn't so much like that any more.
What a great thing to have land and to be able to do that and be self sufficient.
Its understandable why most farmers vote Republican, however for those who live in a crappy little apartment, how are they supposed to be able to do those same things?
Well..crime..meth labs..poverty ARE your problem....no matter how many guns you may own.
But I don't...so I stay here on my little plot of land at the mercy of the "powers that be".
Not a farmer just a working stiff with a little over 5 acres. Buying property from a land trust in Crossville that's been around for over a 100yrs. They do owner finacing with no credit checks, the gov won't know if you have it till you pay it off. Check out their website.

http://plateauproperties.com/

A cow just needs 2 acres per head and a pig just needs an 8x8 area with a floor to raise it.

It'd scare me to death to depend on the powers to be to take care of things for me, I am not one for big brother knowing when I pee out the back door or change my own oil in the drive. The gov has to much power, they are becoming a dictatorship and that is why the US was first started.
realist

Crossville, TN

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh..so you're a farmer?
I like farmers.
Oh yeah

meth labs and druggies, I hope you are sitting down for this, believe it or not most of these dope head pill popers get their supplies from Medicad and Medicare patiants.

I know I said that I am not for regulations but I have to back peddle a little here and rephrase that, I think SOME regulation is good NOT ALL, buying a building permit to build a shed or porch I simply don't agree with but in this case I think there needs to be more regulations. We don't need Obama care what we need is tighter regulations on the health care in place know. How do I word this? Well if someone is selling their pain pills that Tenncare/Medicade/Medicare (whatever) paid for why is a dr perscribing it to them in the first place? It's clear that the person didn't need them to begin with. How can we fix this? I propose removing anyone that sells their scripts and not add them back. Also maybe drug testing should be done if you have any type of Gov Assistance, if they find something there that ain't posed to be there, drop them and don't add them back for x amount of yrs.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#21 Nov 9, 2012
Gee doode...you're damn near sounding HUMAN at this point...(I'm not being smartazz about saying that)

Under regulated or over regulated?...that could be an all night dicussion for the simple fact that there are example where BOTH can be good and bad.

For instance..the Meningitis outbreak.
Where was the regulation on that one?

Permits to build?
Wooo hooo!!!!...we could talk about that one!!!

You certainly beat the hell out of talking to Irving...LMAO!!!
realist

Crossville, TN

#22 Nov 9, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
Gee doode...you're damn near sounding HUMAN at this point...(I'm not being smartazz about saying that)
Under regulated or over regulated?...that could be an all night dicussion for the simple fact that there are example where BOTH can be good and bad.
For instance..the Meningitis outbreak.
Where was the regulation on that one?
Permits to build?
Wooo hooo!!!!...we could talk about that one!!!
You certainly beat the hell out of talking to Irving...LMAO!!!
Meningitis outbreak- I think the regs were there and in place, my personal opinion on that is QC and the lack thereof

Permits to build-I agree with a home inspection before a bank loans money for it, heck even if you have the cash in hand I would suggest one. If the building inspector says that the pielers holding the hose are drystacked rather than mortered let it be the bank or purchaser to say no thanks. When it comes down to it the only one hurt with a poorly built house is the builder of it. I built our own home and didn't purchase but the electrical permit and septic tank permit (both of those are good ideas) but a plumbing permit, money racket poo only runs down hill and the supply side is under pressure so have at hot on the left cold on the right. Also if one purchases build permits then the assesor catches wind and up goes the taxes. When I go to sell, which I plan on this as our forever home, I know it ain't going to bring as much as a contractor built house but so what, it's paid for and that's all that matters. The land will be ours soon enough as well.

Yeah Irving is a doush, I posted with his name a few days ago, it was great fun, he telds to ignore me when I post, I kinda loose sleep about that at night :(

What grips my sole is that when ever something bad happens these buacratic dumn ass polititions sit down and draw up more regs not thinking that the regs are fine, it's QC that needs work. I guess it's easier to write more meaningless words then it is to actually take care of the problem.

Take the Horizon well blow out- why did it blow out? Was it because of poor regs? Hell no, it was because the dumn asses didn't check the blowout preventer like they were supposed to out now al this reprocution because someone was being lazy, that is a true deffinition of a Fattard, how much did that end up costing?

There was a well that blew out here in TN in 2002 and burned for over a week. the cause of guess, a bad blow out preventer, they still check Clear Creek for oil, 10+ yrs later.

The Regs are there all Obama's Adminasstraction really has to do is quality control. Keystone is safe and it would bring in billions of dollars to the US with Jobs and royalties for allowing Canada to cross over our soil. It is just one big pipeline lease right of way, the same thing as any other pipeline only way bigger.

http://pryoroil.com/blowout.php

The Regs are already set in place, we may have to dig them out but they're there and are good enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volunteers in policing program announced 11 min Original Challenger 1
Jason brown 15 min Someone You Use T... 5
Word Association (Dec '09) 18 min Someone You Use T... 72
Ghost of Crossville & Tansi (Mar '12) 28 min Original Challenger 37
Drug deals being done at tansi market and the e... 34 min Original Challenger 40
Meth Monkeys come watch 48 min Original Challenger 65
counselman twerlry our superhero !!! 2 hr Dr Phil 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages