First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Worth it

Crossville, TN

#1 Mar 12, 2010
I do not understand why anyone would want to be an atheist. If it is true then you will die and thats the end or you could be wrong and go to hell. So you are risking hell for nothing because you believe in nothing and it offers you nothing. Atheism is all risk and no reward. Even if you are right you will not get anything. Are you not worried you might be wrong? You have nothing to gain and everything to lose being an atheist. If you were a christian you will be right and go to heaven or be wrong and nothing happens. You would be risking nothing for an eternity in heaven. If you converted from atheism to christianity and christianity was wrong there still is no risk. It is better to be safe than sorry. Think of how you would feel if it turns out to be true and you know that you blew it for a nothing belief. You cant even imagine how you would feel. If I am wrong I will be dead and never no anyway so I think thats worth a shot.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 12, 2010
Worth it wrote:
I do not understand why anyone would want to be an atheist. If it is true then you will die and thats the end or you could be wrong and go to hell. So you are risking hell for nothing because you believe in nothing and it offers you nothing. Atheism is all risk and no reward. Even if you are right you will not get anything. Are you not worried you might be wrong? You have nothing to gain and everything to lose being an atheist. If you were a christian you will be right and go to heaven or be wrong and nothing happens. You would be risking nothing for an eternity in heaven. If you converted from atheism to christianity and christianity was wrong there still is no risk. It is better to be safe than sorry. Think of how you would feel if it turns out to be true and you know that you blew it for a nothing belief. You cant even imagine how you would feel. If I am wrong I will be dead and never no anyway so I think thats worth a shot.
You are an atheist, as well, when it comes to the majority of religions on earth. You just happened to have been born in a mostly christian nation in modern times. If you were born a thousand years ago in a different place, nobody would have taught you about the God you believe in.

What if YOU'RE wrong and Thor turns out to be the one true God? You risk just as much as I do.

Since: Dec 09

Crossville, TN

#3 Mar 12, 2010
Athiesm is for selfish people without enough common sense to realize a higher power is over our universe. Organized religion is a scam. I believe in God. Not men.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 12, 2010
Beware of people that tell you what happens after you die. They most likely want to control the way you LIVE.
coo coo

Crossville, TN

#5 Mar 12, 2010
All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)
a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.
Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 12, 2010
coo coo wrote:
All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)
a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.
Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical
Everything you have written is so presumptive as to be laughable.
yeppers

Crossville, TN

#7 Mar 12, 2010
"Blindness and atheism are ideologically synonomous...."
yeppers

Crossville, TN

#8 Mar 12, 2010
If the irrational universe created itself or if an irrational explosion created the universe, then an educated, rational atheist should be able to create the universe with relative ease today....Right minus?..lol.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Mar 12, 2010
yeppers wrote:
If the irrational universe created itself or if an irrational explosion created the universe, then an educated, rational atheist should be able to create the universe with relative ease today....Right minus?..lol.
No.
Guitarman

Crossville, TN

#10 Mar 12, 2010
coo coo wrote:
All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.
Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)
a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.
Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical
Well Coo Coo, your name sure fits you!
coo coo

Crossville, TN

#11 Mar 12, 2010
Yes I'm sure the discussion of this subject is way above your intellectual capacity!
TUFF MAN

Crossville, TN

#12 Mar 12, 2010
WHY DO ALL ATHISISTS DEFEND THEIR RELIGION BY KNOCKING OTHER RELIGIONS SUCH AS CHRISTIANITY AND NOT DEFEND THEIR OWN BELIEFS?
GOD LOVES THE ATHEISTS

Grovetown, GA

#13 Mar 12, 2010
Just let an atheists get hurt and see whom he, calls on the GOD whom he does not belive in. It is so much better that we no there is a GOD.Love of our GOD will overcome the evil of the atheists.
DURRRRRR

Crossville, TN

#14 Mar 12, 2010
I WANT TO HIT ONE IN THE FACE WITH A BALL BAT AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT OF THEIR MOUTH BESIDES "oh GOD!" LOL.
Zero Evil

Crossville, TN

#15 Mar 12, 2010
Atheists are not only a small minority with little power or influence, but they are also the most despised and distrusted minority in America.Atheism is simply the absence of belief in gods including "Thor" Atheism is commonly defined as the position that there are no deities which would exclude Thor as well.thorisim or thor worship is Germanic paganism, and its subsets: Norse paganism, Anglo-Saxon paganism and Continental Germanic paganism.
Thor is the son of Odin and the giantess Jörd (Jord, the Earth). His wife is called Sif, and little is known of her except that she has golden hair, which was cut off by Loki. With his mistress, the giantess Járnsaxa, Thor had three sons, Móði and Magni with Sif he had his daughter Thrud.

The euhemeristic prologue of the Prose Edda also indicates he has a son by Sif named Lóriði, along with an additional 17 generations of descendants, but the prologue was meant to give a plausible explanation on how the Aesir came to be worshipped even though they were more like giants than gods. Thor also has a stepson called Ullr who is a son of Sif. Skáldskaparmál mentions a figure named Hlóra who was Thor's foster mother, corresponding to Lora or Glora from Snorri Sturluson's prologue.
Thor, as Donar, is mentioned in a Old Saxon Baptismal vow in Vatican Codex pal. 577 along with Woden and Saxnot. The 8th or 9th century vow, intended for Christianizing pagans, is recorded as:

ec forsacho allum dioboles uuercum and uuordum, Thunaer ende Uuöden ende Saxnote ende allum them unholdum the hira genötas sint
Which translates to:

I renounce all the words and works of the devil, Thunear, Woden and Saxnôt, and all those fiends that are their associates.So is this the same as christianity with a little mix of paganism rolled into one?
Zero Evil

Crossville, TN

#16 Mar 12, 2010
Atheism or Thor-ology is the belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into everything.Was the big bang theory caused by Thors mighty hammer blow ?
Zero Evil

Crossville, TN

#17 Mar 12, 2010
Minus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an atheist, as well, when it comes to the majority of religions on earth. You just happened to have been born in a mostly christian nation in modern times. If you were born a thousand years ago in a different place, nobody would have taught you about the God you believe in.
What if YOU'RE wrong and Thor turns out to be the one true God? You risk just as much as I do.
What if your wrong and you just die and she makes it and you wind up just a pillar of dust that some dog comes by and wee wees on ?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18 Mar 12, 2010
DURRRRRR wrote:
I WANT TO HIT ONE IN THE FACE WITH A BALL BAT AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT OF THEIR MOUTH BESIDES "oh GOD!" LOL.
That is precisely what they did during the Crusades and the Inquisition. Works like a charm.
Zero Evil

Crossville, TN

#19 Mar 12, 2010
Minus wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely what they did during the Crusades and the Inquisition. Works like a charm.
When people try to dismiss Christianity or belief in God by asking,“What about the Crusades?!,” this is my first reaction:You don’t judge an ideology by those who violate its tenets.I make it a habit not to apologize for things that happened 1,000 years ago I didn’t do.If there is no God then there is no moral grounding to criticize the Crusades or anything else.None of those things disprove the central claims of Christianity, such as the physical resurrection of Jesus, his divinity, etc.Many critics try to use issues such as the Crusades, the Inquisition or just run of the mill hypocrisy as trump cards against Christianity. If people did the opposite of what the Bible teaches then at worst they were not Christians and at best they were, at least temporarily, bad ambassadors for Christ. Those issues are serious, of course, but they have zero impact on whether the Bible is true and whether Jesus is the the only way to forgiveness of your sins, reconciliation with God and to eternal life.The same goes for other religions and worldviews: We need to understand what they really teach to judge them properly.
Another possible response is to say that you’ll take responsibility for the thousands of people killed by “Christians” provided that the atheists take responsibility for the one-hundred million plus killed by Lenin, Mao Tse-Tung, Hitler and others. It is probably best just to think that and not say it, as it probably won’t take the conversation in the direction you want to go.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 12, 2010
The ideology I am responding to was written ten minutes ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Janice Reed 10 min Sarah Johnson 24
Jacob bennet/ Brittany moser (Mar '14) 29 min cmsgt 17
Sara crandell / hunter 3 hr John 1
Cindy Brown (Jan '13) 5 hr Willela 10
why do women hurt good guys? (Mar '13) 6 hr Solemn 14
Food stamps 7 hr Irving 10
Low Income Mortgage Programs 7 hr curious 1

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages