of 2
Next Last
WTF

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2011
Attempted repo results in death
By Lyndon Johnson,
OCN staff

An attempt at repossessing a 12 year-old pickup truck ended with its owner dead from a crash with a wrecker last week.

According to reports from THP, Michael W. Brown’s truck, a 1998 GMC Sonoma, struck a 2009 GMC 5000 wrecker driven by Kenneth J. Krolik, 34, of Sunny Drive in Cookeville.

According to the investigating officer’s brief description narrative,“Vehicle 1 [the tow truck] was traveling east on Campground Road. Vehicle 2 [the Sonoma] was traveling west on Campground Road. Vehicle 1 pulled into the west bound lane to attempt to block vehicle 2 from traveling west.

Vehicle 2 was unable to avoid striking vehicle 1.”

Brown, 48, of Hilham Highway, was killed in the collision. A passenger in the wrecker, noted on the report as Devon P. Perrigan, 21, of McMinnville Highway, Sparta, was injured. The crash report said neither Brown nor Krolik used safety belts, and that in the investigating officer’s opinion, their use may have made a difference in the crash.

The wrecker was marked with the livery of Southern Cross Transport Tow and Recovery based in Sparta. Overton County News contacted Southern Cross by both e-mail and phone. The e-mail went unanswered, while the phone call yielded only a male individual who declined to identify himself.

He would only say,“I have no statement to you at this time.”

Reports from the Cookeville Herald-Citizen earlier said the tow truck had come to Brown’s residence to repossess his pickup truck on Monday, Jan.
17. The paper said Trooper Andrew Goolsby, who investigated the crash, said Krolik and Perrigan had gone to Brown’s residence on behalf of a company from whom Brown had bought the truck.“But Michael Brown left the residence in the truck, and the wrecker driver chased after the truck,” he said.

The chase reportedly went down Highway 85, turning onto Hicks Drive and dumping out onto Campground Road. At some point, Brown reportedly turned around and headed back in the opposite direction the tow truck was traveling, which was when the tow truck driver allegedly pulled into his lane to try to block his path.

According to THP, criminal charges are pending.

http://www.overtoncountynews.com/news/index.h...
ReponsibleRetard

Crossville, TN

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Can you say RETARD???? Now I'm no Einstein but I do know that you are a RETARD if you start chasing another RETARD in order to try and take possession of their jacked up P.O.S truck. Now that retard was acting in a manner that has proven him to be uneducated in his career. Its people like the man that caused this accident and death of another person that is going to ruin it for all the other REPO men and woman out there that do their job correctly and safely...I hope they make an example out of this criminal that killed another human being out of greed and ignorance. making a few extra dollars on a repo is not worth killing someone...Dam go fight over food or something thats worth killing over. PROPER JUDGEMENT CALLS NEED TO BE MADE BY REPO ppl especially
WTF wrote:
Attempted repo results in death
By Lyndon Johnson,
OCN staff
An attempt at repossessing a 12 year-old pickup truck ended with its owner dead from a crash with a wrecker last week.
According to reports from THP, Michael W. Brown’s truck, a 1998 GMC Sonoma, struck a 2009 GMC 5000 wrecker driven by Kenneth J. Krolik, 34, of Sunny Drive in Cookeville.
According to the investigating officer’s brief description narrative,“Vehicle 1 [the tow truck] was traveling east on Campground Road. Vehicle 2 [the Sonoma] was traveling west on Campground Road. Vehicle 1 pulled into the west bound lane to attempt to block vehicle 2 from traveling west.
Vehicle 2 was unable to avoid striking vehicle 1.”
Brown, 48, of Hilham Highway, was killed in the collision. A passenger in the wrecker, noted on the report as Devon P. Perrigan, 21, of McMinnville Highway, Sparta, was injured. The crash report said neither Brown nor Krolik used safety belts, and that in the investigating officer’s opinion, their use may have made a difference in the crash.
The wrecker was marked with the livery of Southern Cross Transport Tow and Recovery based in Sparta. Overton County News contacted Southern Cross by both e-mail and phone. The e-mail went unanswered, while the phone call yielded only a male individual who declined to identify himself.
He would only say,“I have no statement to you at this time.”
Reports from the Cookeville Herald-Citizen earlier said the tow truck had come to Brown’s residence to repossess his pickup truck on Monday, Jan.
17. The paper said Trooper Andrew Goolsby, who investigated the crash, said Krolik and Perrigan had gone to Brown’s residence on behalf of a company from whom Brown had bought the truck.“But Michael Brown left the residence in the truck, and the wrecker driver chased after the truck,” he said.
The chase reportedly went down Highway 85, turning onto Hicks Drive and dumping out onto Campground Road. At some point, Brown reportedly turned around and headed back in the opposite direction the tow truck was traveling, which was when the tow truck driver allegedly pulled into his lane to try to block his path.
According to THP, criminal charges are pending.
http://www.overtoncountynews.com/news/index.h...
Agree

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 26, 2011
What is wrong with that guy? I'll bet he won't ever get charged either,we will see what happens.
sue

Crossville, TN

#4 Jan 26, 2011
someone still has a loan on a 12 year old pickup?

Since: Jan 11

Crossville, TN

#5 Jan 26, 2011
people in cookeville should boycott this towing company, and the mans family should sue and take everything that they have.
Repowoman

Crossville, TN

#6 Jan 26, 2011
Probably an over priced carlot. They are the only ones who sell vehicles that old. I am a repo person, and will not even touch a 12 yearold vehicle. No sense arguing with someone over that kind of a transaction.
sue wrote:
someone still has a loan on a 12 year old pickup?
Tinklewink

Crossville, TN

#7 Jan 26, 2011
Definately they will bring charges against the tow driver? He intentionally drove head on into the other lane to stop a car? Surely they will charge him, right?
repowoman

Crossville, TN

#8 Jan 26, 2011
He might get out of it if he claims that being a repo man made him go crazy. He was stupid for conducting himself that way, and now he will pay for it, unless he has relatives of Crossville county commissoners or the sheriffs department.(That was supposed to put some humor to get the tragic part off our minds) Maybe he is related to the dum@ss who shot the dog, or the other dum@ss a couple years ago that tried to shoot a dog and then had to taze it to death because he missed. We will see how this turns out. Keep us posted. I know you will this is a human interest story and a tragedy. It is ashame and i feel for the family of the guy who got killed over not making his truck payments.
Tinklewink wrote:
Definately they will bring charges against the tow driver? He intentionally drove head on into the other lane to stop a car? Surely they will charge him, right?
now thats funny

Sparta, TN

#9 Jan 26, 2011
repowoman wrote:
He might get out of it if he claims that being a repo man made him go crazy.
LOL
Chuck Norris

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2011
Sounds like the tow truck drivers been watching too much TV?
I also saw a badly wrecked in front bigger type red gmc 2 ton roll back truck sitting in monterey at another wrecker services impound yard last week.

Crossville, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2011
definatly havebeen watching too much tv.
makes me sick

Crossville, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2011
repo people are scum. especially the bitch at AAA.
repo girl

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2011
makes me sick wrote:
repo people are scum. especially the bitch at AAA.
People who don't make their car payments are scum!
repoman294

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2011
How do you figure scum because we take cars that you are to sorry to pay for.
LLLRecovery

Crossville, TN

#15 Feb 3, 2011
We are only scum because you all think that the world owes you a car, for free, a living, and everyother dam thing. The part I love is when we come to repo your shit, I hear let me talk to him. well you didnt talk to him for two months. whats up? get real get a life and we will be there to take your car. Guaranteed.
repoman294 wrote:
How do you figure scum because we take cars that you are to sorry to pay for.

Crossville, TN

#16 Feb 5, 2011
maybe we need more ppl like the guy in texas that shot the repo man, while he was trying to repo the mans truck after dark. texas allows you to protect all of your property. they should not be allowed to repo from someones house.
i did enjoy watching lizard lick repo on tv, repo'ed a motorcycle in the middle of the night from a house, and got the shit kicked out of them both....loved it
most repo men a pompous asses
Mistress

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2011
Anyone know whatever came of this? Charges or court appearances? I still see their wrecker making calls unfortunately.
Confused

Owosso, MI

#18 Apr 16, 2012
Not sure how so many people can make comments on something you read in the paper. Sounds like everyone has him convicted even before you hear his side of the story. Ever think that all of the info was not posted. Maybe even the state of mind that the other driver was in. Hint
coal miner

Cleveland, TN

#19 Apr 16, 2012
repo guy pulls left into opposite lane to block oncoming vehicle,kills a guy when he hits him head on, how many more sides can there be?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 16, 2012
Hey dogs, excuse me - just passing through. Can anyone tell me where the sh!tter is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffani Houston 9 min Anon 1
Hilltoppers Staff @ Hospital 19 min CVille Citizen 4
Becky Gibson and Scott Elmore 29 min Bethany 2
Becky Gibson 43 min Bethany 10
Crossville Men 51 min clueless 8
My Yankee neighbor actually suggested I not mow... 54 min The REAL Doctor H... 59
Crossville's White Women bringin in the trash 1 hr The REAL Doctor H... 7
More from around the web

Crossville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]