NBC's Sunday Night Football gets poli...

NBC's Sunday Night Football gets political against guns

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ridiculous

Blacksburg, SC

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Last night, NBC's Sunday Night Football got political against guns.

This on the heels of the story of a Kansas City Chiefs football player who lost it and murdered his girlfriend then took his on life at the Kansas City Chiefs facility Saturday.

NBC's Bob Costas did a piece complaining about hand guns during the telecast last night.

Typical Liberal knee jerk reaction.
One person in the NFL kills his woman and then turns the gun on himself and NBC has to advocate extreme handgun control changes. All the other players who might own handguns that play in the NFL didn't shoot anyone on Saturday.

Just more over the top knee jerk liberal Democrat idiocy.
Ridiculous

Blacksburg, SC

#2 Dec 3, 2012
It's also worth noting that the approx. 80 million gun owners in the U.S. did not kill anyone on Saturday either.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Where do you draw the line?...rocket launchers?

Every family should have at least one surface to air missle on hand, because after all, you never know when it might come in handy.

Oh sure a commercial airliner gets shot down every now and then by some KOOK...but think of all those who responsibly own them.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Looks like somebody just got bitch slapped back to the stoneage.
Ridiculous

Blacksburg, SC

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous analogy
Ridiculous

Blacksburg, SC

#6 Dec 3, 2012
1 out of 80,000,000 gun owners, again 1, killed their girlfriend then themselves at the Kansas City Chiefs facility.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
Ridiculous analogy
PERFECT ANALOGY!!!

I asked you where you draw the line and all I heard were crickets.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#8 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
1 out of 80,000,000 gun owners, again 1, killed their girlfriend then themselves at the Kansas City Chiefs facility.
There were a lot more gun deaths over the weekend than just the Kansas City shootings.

Does the news media display a list of them each Sunday morning like they do soldiers killed in Afghanistan?....NO.

Your ignorance is the only thing that makes you think you're smart.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Here you go...

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/stories/2007/vernic...

Try reading for a change.

80 gun related deaths a day in the U.S.

Did you know that?
It sure didn't sound like it.
Ridiculous

Clinton, SC

#10 Dec 3, 2012
Florydyan wrote:
<quoted text>There were a lot more gun deaths over the weekend than just the Kansas City shootings.

......
In regard to this particular part of your post, NBC did their halftime piece based on (and in response to ) the 1 shooting, in Kansas City, by the football player. They didn't come on at halftime basing it on all the other shootings all over the country on that particular day.
Ridiculous

Clinton, SC

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Sooo, that been said, now let us run with your argument, that there were 80 other deaths that day that were gun related.

Ok, so there were, based on statistics, 80 other deaths in the U.S. on that day that were gun related. That means 80 people shot and killed someone that day (it could be less, some of the shooters may have shot multiple people, but let's stick with 80 shooters)

Let's again compare.

80 vs 80,000,000
Ridiculous

Clinton, SC

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Now let's say on that day it was more than the average 80. Let's say it was an unusual day statistic wise. Let's double it.

Let us compare again

160 vs 80,000,000
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#13 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
In regard to this particular part of your post, NBC did their halftime piece based on (and in response to ) the 1 shooting, in Kansas City, by the football player. They didn't come on at halftime basing it on all the other shootings all over the country on that particular day.
So the hell what???

Of course they talked about it because it was NFL news.
You claimed they made a political thing of it, but yet since they didn't get into the details of shootings all over the country, they actually tried NOT to be political about it.

See..you just told on yourself....ha ha ha ha ha..

You were the one claiming they made it a knee jerk political response, when in fact they REFRAINED from doing so as best they could under the circumstances.

YOU are the "knee jerk" reactionary!
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#14 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
Now let's say on that day it was more than the average 80. Let's say it was an unusual day statistic wise. Let's double it.
Let us compare again
160 vs 80,000,000
One can only hope that one or more of those is you or friends and family.

Your 80 million is a stagnant figure...those dying is an active figure...80 a day x 365 is 29200 x that for 5 years and its 146,000 and so on.

Your selfish disrespect for life is matched only by your stupidity.
Ridiculous

Clinton, SC

#15 Dec 3, 2012
Might I suggest that you reread this entire thread from start to finish.
Ridiculous

Clinton, SC

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Ahh the typical liberal response.
Because I compared 80 to 80,000,00 I'm somehow "inconsiderate."
I'm somehow "insensitive"

......

Let's see, there were 3,000 people who drowned last year. It pales in comparison to the total U.S. population which is over 300,000,000. It would be a knee jerk reaction to close or clamp down on swimming pools

Gosh, I did it again.
Using your logic, I must not care about those 3,000 people since I used them in a comparison.

Sheesh
Mr T

Crossville, TN

#17 Dec 3, 2012
Statistics do not rock my world. However, take away citizens right to bear arms-then who owns the guns? Somehow, I dont see the criminal element being present when the official "turn in your gun day" happens. Anyone, anywhere can make a political statement. Imagine the flack he is getting today for what he said.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#18 Dec 3, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
Might I suggest that you reread this entire thread from start to finish.
May I suggest that you answer my question as to where you draw the line?
You have avoided it like the plague.

Why not rocket launchers and surface to air missiles?
If only a few commercial airliners get shot down killing only 500 or so people, then isn't that a small price to pay for the priviledge of moron's like you to own them?
mips

Crossville, TN

#19 Dec 3, 2012
gee I have had guns all my life and I have never seen one of them fire without a human being pulling the trigger. Liberals take a dump in your hat.
Florydyan

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#20 Dec 3, 2012
Mr T wrote:
Statistics do not rock my world. However, take away citizens right to bear arms-then who owns the guns? Somehow, I dont see the criminal element being present when the official "turn in your gun day" happens. Anyone, anywhere can make a political statement. Imagine the flack he is getting today for what he said.
"Flack"???...from who?...your knuckle dragging cousins?

A gun owner isn't necessarily a criminal until they decide to use it in the commission of a crime.

Comparing water and drowning to guns???
Jeeezuz Keerist FK Tard!!!...that's comparing apples to oranges...no wait...its even more obtuse than that!!!....its like comparing nuclear energy to fire wood!!!

If you could kill somebody by throwing water on them, then I'd say you have a point...dry that shit up!!!

The Wizard of Oz is the only story I know of where that happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rock thomas 1 min MIXED 6
Vickie Ray 18 min ToughTitty 22
earn money 1 hr mshell75 1
Home delivered steak and meats? 2 hr Cook 9
Cumberland county 2 hr Wondering 4
Amps. 3 hr Aggregated 1
Moms getting divorced 5 hr Aileen dingleberry 2

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages