Plateau pediatrics is a joke

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wtf

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2012
I called this business today to get my very sick child in told the receptionist that she has been running a high temp for a couple of days. Her response was " who is her physician ?" I told her a place in cookeville but they were not able to get her in today .... She then asked me if I came in would be a permanent change or a one time thing. I told her probably a one time deal and in a sarcastic tone told me " I can't help you you just need to go back to who her primary is. Her name is Melissa and to all the mothers reading this this shows what kind of ignorant people run the show for them. Turning down money and a sick child just because I won't make them my Childs permanent doctor? I have never heard of anything like this before.
wow

Lebanon, TN

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Take her to a walk in clinic, that's what they are for, not being sarcastic just trying to help.
confused

Crossville, TN

#3 Oct 3, 2012
I take my kids to plateau pediatrics and have had no problems. They are not a walk in clinic. Explain somethin though. Your child regular doctor refuses to see you and its no big deal but one who is not their regular dr or a walk in clinic is now worthless because they wont see ur kid because it is just a one time thing. Is this not what er and walk in clincs are for?
Tennessee Toothbrush

United States

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Wtf wrote:
I called this business today to get my very sick child in told the receptionist that she has been running a high temp for a couple of days. Her response was " who is her physician ?" I told her a place in cookeville but they were not able to get her in today .... She then asked me if I came in would be a permanent change or a one time thing. I told her probably a one time deal and in a sarcastic tone told me " I can't help you you just need to go back to who her primary is. Her name is Melissa and to all the mothers reading this this shows what kind of ignorant people run the show for them. Turning down money and a sick child just because I won't make them my Childs permanent doctor? I have never heard of anything like this before.
They are not a walk in clinic. Drop your sense of entitlement and call the proper type of clinic.
June

Crossville, TN

#5 Oct 3, 2012
There are several walk in clinics in town. Your situation is perfect for on on them.
Wtf

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2012
I understand there are walk in clinics I have had bad experiences with Doct vish and others. What pisses me off is that they could have seen her but didn't just to be an ass about it. And what if I did go and decide that I liked them and wanted to make them my permant Doct? To me this is lousy business and customer service. Besides I'm glad she didn't go because a bunch of people have told me they are not good pediatricians.
agree

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2012
I agree, take her to a walk-in or her primary But honestly I don't care for the doctors there anyway.
humm

Cookeville, TN

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Odd that the doctors there are some of the top recommended for children in crossville....dr. Reed being number one
what i know

Boiling Springs, SC

#9 Oct 3, 2012
I seriously doubt this even happened! I have been taking my kids there for about ten years and have NEVER had a problem! They have always been more than helpful and have always treated my kids exceptionally well.
blah

Crossville, TN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
i never ever had a problem with them . They usually can see my child that day if needed. they are very nice and i looove his doctor and he loves her to! they are great!...if you dont like them take your kid to kucheckie and he will have them working in a child factory in no time
love

Crossville, TN

#11 Oct 3, 2012
i love doctor reed. she is wonderful and has even seen my youngest on a saturday. just the other day got us in as soon as we walked through the door.
Panty raid

Mcminnville, TN

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Wtf wrote:
I understand there are walk in clinics I have had bad experiences with Doct vish and others. What pisses me off is that they could have seen her but didn't just to be an ass about it. And what if I did go and decide that I liked them and wanted to make them my permant Doct? To me this is lousy business and customer service. Besides I'm glad she didn't go because a bunch of people have told me they are not good pediatricians.
Seems to me that YOU are the common denominator in all the doctor problems. Plateau pediatrics, Vish, your kids primary and others. If I was a doctor I would not want a disgruntled doctor hating parent to bring their kid in to see me. I doubt you are a cash paying patient.
IN CHARGE

Knoxville, TN

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Wtf wrote:
Now listen up fussy pants. These folks already had patients scheduled just like your primary care doctor did. Low and behold you get mad because they will not rearrange their day to suit your one time visit, well blow me down. Grow up, and take that child to a walk in, that is what they are there for. If not go to the ER, a child with a high temp for more than twelve hours needs to be seen. Furthermore, they need a parent not a whining windbag. You have been told what to do now do it, because I am IN CHARGE.
Tennessee Toothbrush

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 4, 2012
Wtf wrote:
Your kid is not more important than the other kids that actually had scheduled appointments. Once again you feel you are entitled to something that you are not entitled to. Take your kid to the proper type of clinic and stop crying.
stupid

Conover, NC

#15 Oct 4, 2012
Wtf wrote:
they aren't allowed to just see you once and mess up all of their things they do. it isn't a walk inclinic. if your daughter was that sick you would have taken her to the hospital. now shut up.
well

Crossville, TN

#16 Oct 4, 2012
my child is a patient at Plateau pediatrics and everytime he is sick and needs to be seen they see him immediatly, if they dont have any available appointments they will work him him or stay late to see him him, and they are even open saturday to see children it seems to me if ur doctor is not willing to work u in if ur child is sick then maybe u should switch doctors, dr reed is the best she is very good with kids and is a very nice woman
agreenot

Crossville, TN

#17 Oct 4, 2012
I don't like dr reed. She misdiagnosed my child twice. both times I brought my child to her telling her what I thought was wrong and both times she told me she was sure I was wrong. Both times I was right. That's enough for me.
juan burrito

Knoxville, TN

#18 Oct 4, 2012
agreenot wrote:
I don't like dr reed. She misdiagnosed my child twice. both times I brought my child to her telling her what I thought was wrong and both times she told me she was sure I was wrong. Both times I was right. That's enough for me.
Dr. House??????
GET REAL

Crossville, TN

#19 Oct 5, 2012
If you are on tenncare amerigroup,you have to make them your primary doctor or they wont pay. Its all about insurance not them just wanting to be an a##. come on, the girl that answered cant pick and choose who they see get real.
bad

United States

#20 Oct 5, 2012
Hell. Y did u even wait 2 days if your kid had a bad fever damn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Johnson 51 min Libertarian pipe ... 4
Allison Thurman and Adam Miracle 1 hr Intheknow 8
Cliff Rains At wyndhams 1 hr Junkyarddog 55
asa kemmer 2 hr wee 3
Jimmy Smith and who he is seeing Lee 6 hr What 1
Meth Man v/s Turtle Man (Jun '13) 6 hr Bubba 3
The Common Folks of Crossville Have the chance ... 9 hr Ready 2

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance