First Prev
of 5
Next Last
George

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2011
Does anyone know who was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning? I was told a 127 yard-saler pulled out in front of them.
meg

Crossville, TN

#2 Aug 4, 2011
George wrote:
Does anyone know who was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning? I was told a 127 yard-saler pulled out in front of them.
Who told you that? Where was the accident?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2011
I haven't heard who it was, but I heard the same thing about it being a yard saler. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family!
George

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2011
meg wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that? Where was the accident?
I can't say who told me, and they didn't mention any names, but they did say it was a prominent member of the community that was killed.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 4, 2011
I passed the accident on the way to work today.. This yard sale should be banned inside the city limits
hmmm

Crossville, TN

#6 Aug 4, 2011
not just in city limits, this is a known problem and there is no way any emergency people could get out to the north part of county with the mess that is out here. Make them do it at the fair grounds and the city or whoever can get their money still or at least stop the parking on the side of the roads and enforce some parking areas and not put people who need emergency help at greater risk. They block off town for parades and have cops out then they need to do the same thing with this.
wondering

Rockwell, NC

#7 Aug 4, 2011
hmmm wrote:
not just in city limits, this is a known problem and there is no way any emergency people could get out to the north part of county with the mess that is out here. Make them do it at the fair grounds and the city or whoever can get their money still or at least stop the parking on the side of the roads and enforce some parking areas and not put people who need emergency help at greater risk. They block off town for parades and have cops out then they need to do the same thing with this.
Heard it was a guy named Justin Roberts.
REALLY

Cleveland, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard it was a guy named .
Come on... was that necessary?!?! There are still members of his family who haven't been notified. And this isn't the way they need to find out.
looky looky

Crossville, TN

#9 Aug 4, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Seeing as this is a 3-state event...good luck with that.
Agreed

Crossville, TN

#10 Aug 4, 2011
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on... was that necessary?!?! There are still members of his family who haven't been notified. And this isn't the way they need to find out.
Agreed.:(

“Hope Against Hope”

Since: May 11

~*Play~in~the~Rain*~

#11 Aug 4, 2011
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.:(
o please. come on now. i'd understand if we were being disrespectful, but if i was a family member and STILL hadn't found out about it by now, i think i'd rather find out on here than not at all. geez, as long as no one is being disrespectful.(which they're not)

but no matter who it was, my thoughts and prayers go out to them and the family. this is a tragic accident that might of been able to be prevented.. so sorry.:'(

((if tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, i'd walk right up to heaven and bring you back again))
Tennessee Toothbrush

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Aug 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Heard it was a guy named Justin Roberts.
Whether it is or isn't, you just ruined someone's day. Classless turd.
empathy

Crossville, TN

#13 Aug 4, 2011
_NoOffense-JustBlunt_ wrote:
<quoted text>
o please. come on now. i'd understand if we were being disrespectful, but if i was a family member and STILL hadn't found out about it by now, i think i'd rather find out on here than not at all. geez, as long as no one is being disrespectful.(which they're not)
but no matter who it was, my thoughts and prayers go out to them and the family. this is a tragic accident that might of been able to be prevented.. so sorry.:'(
((if tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, i'd walk right up to heaven and bring you back again))
well put.
feelings

Crossville, TN

#14 Aug 4, 2011
_NoOffense-JustBlunt_ wrote:
<quoted text>
well put.
and god bless him and his family!
Sprig city

Dayton, TN

#15 Aug 4, 2011
His name is Justin Roberts all the family knows about it and he was a really good guy he was from spring city,
BIGFISH

Burnsville, NC

#16 Aug 4, 2011
So Sad God be with the Family. I wish Cumberland County would grow a BACKBONE and BAN this STUPID SALE besides look at all the money it pulls out of the county!
well

Crossville, TN

#17 Aug 4, 2011
BIGFISH wrote:
So Sad God be with the Family. I wish Cumberland County would grow a BACKBONE and BAN this STUPID SALE besides look at all the money it pulls out of the county!
how does it pull money out of the county?
cal

Crossville, TN

#18 Aug 4, 2011
think about it. the money it pulls out of the county is increased traffic enforcement by law enforcement, increased man hours of law enforcement, increased fuel costs of law enforcement, ems, or other services the county supplies, such as meals on wheels,uchra, and increased response time which could result in civil action if someone who needed ems assistance or any other kind of assistance from law enforcement or any other county entity.. Thats only my opinion, but i believe those are the monetary issues this sales causes.
well wrote:
<quoted text>
how does it pull money out of the county?
Interesting

Crossville, TN

#19 Aug 4, 2011
I doubt the county loses money because of the sale. I imagine that the additional sales of food, gas, hotel rooms, and actual yardsale sales offset that and then some. I am not a fan of the 127 sale at all, and I wish we didn't have it, but it is a monetary gain for the county, not a loss.

More importantly I too give my thoughts and prayers to the family.

“Just call me Sonny”

Since: Dec 10

Port St. Lucie, FL.

#20 Aug 4, 2011
We definitely haven't heard the last of this debate.

Ah..but you folks do love your "traditions"...right ?

I think its very sad that someone died, but it certainly won't be the last time we sacrifice human life over money.

Having such a makeshift affair along a major traffic artery does seem rather weird to me.
After all...you've always had the "Flea Market"...so just how much of these "junk sales" do you really need?

My goodness Crossville...can you really handle CHANGE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best place to get my car worked on 3 hr grow up 7
MGTOW: this is what happens when you discrimina... 4 hr Forever Hero 2
cynthia ellington newby 7 hr miller 3
Hey Richard Howard 7 hr not good 2
Tammy Parsons 7 hr uumm 3
kourtnii chapman 7 hr desnix 1
mastercorps ein number plz help 8 hr Uncle Cracker 2
dress code!!!! 12 hr insanity 30
Crossville Dating
Find my Match