aggravatedbrown

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Are they ever going to get it together and please tell me the office will be all new faces!!!!!Next year I could almost guess that it will be He** there this next year ikf it is anything like this year.I can definitely say it for myself.
anther parent

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

my son goes to brown. we`re having a few problems out there too. what kind of problems are you having
aggravetedbrown

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

anther parent wrote:
my son goes to brown. we`re having a few problems out there too. what kind of problems are you having
Certain teachers the front office you can never talk to the Principle and Vice Principle always has 10 minutes max.They try to intimidate you and your child and incenuite that your child is a lair.If you are in their little click you can pretty much do what you want.I say next year LET'S CLEAN HOUSE IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!They are also .letting some good teachers go and several good teachers already left
sadschools

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

you need to express all of this to the school board and mrs. vanwinkle. the schools in cumberland county arent going to change through a message board. and yes they are letting go of WONDERFUL teachers, and their excuse is numbers??? how can they know their numbers in march..........
anther parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

i totally agree. we should take it to the school board. lets face it, most of the posts on here are lies, or at the least, incomplete information. we won`t accomplish anything by complaining among ourselves. i`m making a call to mrs. vanwinkle in the morning. my call may not fix the problem, but at least it might raise awareness.
angry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

i will be so glad if they can get rid of some of the people working there. my daughter and a few other girls at brown have recieved pictures on their cell phones of a couple of boys(also at Brown) privates. the issue has been talked about but nothing done because one of the boys is the son of a office worker. that is wrong. anybody else would had been sent to alternative school or expelled!
concerned parent

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

angry wrote:
i will be so glad if they can get rid of some of the people working there. my daughter and a few other girls at brown have recieved pictures on their cell phones of a couple of boys(also at Brown) privates. the issue has been talked about but nothing done because one of the boys is the son of a office worker. that is wrong. anybody else would had been sent to alternative school or expelled!
Was this reported to the administration and the other parents involved? If so what else would be disreguarded. Spoke to a few others that say they had heard the same.
concerned parent

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

anther parent wrote:
i totally agree. we should take it to the school board. lets face it, most of the posts on here are lies, or at the least, incomplete information. we won`t accomplish anything by complaining among ourselves. i`m making a call to mrs. vanwinkle in the morning. my call may not fix the problem, but at least it might raise awareness.
So did you contact Mrs. Vanwinkle or are you just leaving blogs on here that will never matter? Are you going to do something about it or do you just want to talk about it?
concerned parent

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

What do you think about Christie Thompson as principal at Brown Elementary? Don't hold back and tell me what you really think? She is getting rid of teachers with years of experience and some have Masters Degrees and keeping the ones with less than a year experience. How does this help our children? What is going to happen to our children while the new teachers get their experience and Masters Degree? They need to learn now, not while the teachers get their education.
Mad as can be

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

both of my childern attend brown and trust me when it come to excuses ive heard them all and considering that Christy Thompson gives kari rockwell the responsiblity to call parents or talk to them because she cant never anwser you or give you a reason as to why something happens.... appaerently it is my fault that after i droped my son off at school and watched him walk into the school they let him walk around for an hour without noticing a 5 yr old ... not to mention he did it twice in 2 weeks and when it was brought to our attention they told my husband and i it was our fault.... with 18 cameras they should be able to watch our kids.... if they werent to busy gossiping up front that is
Mad as can be

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

Oh and as for Mrs. Vanwinkle... shes just as useless as Christy and Keri
A Teacher

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

Yes, there are "cliques". Yes, many good teachers are discriminated against because they do not join the cliques. Brown lost a FINE music teacher because it discriminated against her for her religious beliefs. Many schools across the country are like this. All we can do is teach our children as well as possible at home, and consider changing schools.
A Teacher

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Mrs Vanwinkle is between a rock and a hard place...she has so many issue to deal with, that at the rate they are popping up, it would take 10 of her to keep the pace. She is a hard worker from my view.
HUH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

aggravetedbrown wrote:
<quoted text>Certain teachers the front office you can never talk to the Principle and Vice Principle always has 10 minutes max.They try to intimidate you and your child and incenuite that your child is a lair.If you are in their little click you can pretty much do what you want.I say next year LET'S CLEAN HOUSE IN THE OFFICE!!!!!!They are also .letting some good teachers go and several good teachers already left
Your child probably is a liar. One thing for sure...if this post is any indication, he sure as hell can't spell!
sadschools

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

I don't think it is Christie Thompson getting rid of good teachers with a lot of experience, i think it is the mommy's and daddy's of the teachers that are left who are influencing her decision.(The clique maybe?) Why don't we look at that for a minute????? You have 9 teachers without tenure and the 4 that are left with jobs ALL have a relative who works in the school system, isn't that suspicious. As far as Mrs. Vanwinkle, I think she is the problem, none of this getting rid of teachers happened until she stepped in, so whats her motive? And yes, Cumberland County only has 1 superintendent, and you need to keep informing her of EVERYTHING and the School Board. This blog wont do a thing. I've asked Mrs. Vanwinkle many times what I can do as a parent to step up for these teachers and she's yet to answer me. It doesn't take 10 of her to answer why all this mess is happening in the schools..........
sadschools

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

A Teacher wrote:
Yes, there are "cliques". Yes, many good teachers are discriminated against because they do not join the cliques. Brown lost a FINE music teacher because it discriminated against her for her religious beliefs. Many schools across the country are like this. All we can do is teach our children as well as possible at home, and consider changing schools.
many schools are NOT like this across the country.
concerned parent

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

what teachers are we losing this year? i know of one and i heard ms. rockwell is relocating due to her husband i think she is going to texas
concerned parent

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

A Teacher wrote:
More than a fine music teacher. She was part of the heart and soul of the Brown Elementary family. With the loss of concern and unity the students are the ones that are suffering. A few steps have been made with communication and there are many to go. It seems the parents have to really get upset and go to extremes to have their point heard. There has to be truth in most of it because there are so many with the same stories. As with the other threads, concerning Brown school, there seems to be the choice option reply "to change schools". This should not be an option. Children should be able to go to a school they are zoned for without the problems. Parent and student concerns should be acknowledged in a timely and courtious manner and treated the same weather they play sports or other income producing activities for the school. The car rider situation is slowly getting better but if the staff inside allows "walk outs" it ridicules the staff working the traffic outside and the parents that are waiting in line. All involved should consider their actions it effects our children and thier own.
concerned parent

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

The principal is the problem. Get rid of her and you have no problem.
aggravatedbrown

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

HUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Your child probably is a liar. One thing for sure...if this post is any indication, he sure as hell can't spell!
My child is very young and you are a idiot and also is not a he people like you remind of a saying opinions are like A**holes everybody has one and you are the biggest one so far can you not see that all these parents gripes are the same or are you just a moron.Typically aman; I would just about bet.Also to call a small child a liar is pretty low all these children cannot be lying!!!!If you have any kids I feel sorry for them your probably going around calling them liars and never standing up for them and that is what our children need.Parents that stand behind them. So I miss spelled one word whoopie doo the world has ended you retarded S.O.B

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of139
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Crossville Forum right now

Search the Crossville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Animal Shelter 24 min Walt 15
MGTOW. don't date single parents. 43 min Forever Hero 7
Shane parham 47 min april 3
rebecca ogle (Apr '12) 52 min Stalker 6
Review: Pomona United Methodist Church 56 min Time Seeker 1
play games online (Sep '13) 1 hr Hix site 3
Tammy Tabor (Sep '11) 1 hr Old Family Friend 11
•••
•••