First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hopalong

Mcminnville, TN

#21 Aug 19, 2011
hard worker wrote:
because they are cutting our hours bad and vendors do the bread so i would call the company and complain we want to work we need to support our families 1800wamart call and tell them to let us work we hate lines of cranky people too i love my customers and wish we could do more but our hands are tied
That's a joke. Walmart does not respond to e-mails, phone calls or anything else. They are too arrogant for that.
hopalong

Mcminnville, TN

#22 Aug 19, 2011
uh huh wrote:
Here's a way to help you get the freshest bread. The bread ties are actually color coded bread is delivered to every store on the same day mon starts the week and sunday ends the week there is 2 days in there that bread isnot delivered but I don't know them days. If bread is delivered on monday the bread tie will be blue. If delivered on sunday it will be yellow. There is a patteren they go by the color is in alphabetical order as to what day its delivered. So mon is B as blue and sun is Y as yellow. Get it? Also buns with the plastic clips are the same way. So if you go sunday and get a loaf with a blue tie you know its last mondays bread and Probably won't be fresh. Hope this helps.
Are you people morons? You don't need to look at twistie ties unless of course you can't read. There are dates on every loaf of bread. If you dig to the back like I do, you can get one with a pretty good date on it.
Hmmm

Mooresville, NC

#23 Aug 19, 2011
I make my own bread. I know exactly what's in it and it doesn't get more fresh than that. It's super simple to make and tastes much better.
candi

Crossville, TN

#24 Aug 19, 2011
I stopped buying bread there also, i think it might have been shipped from china, and produced in sweat shops where four and five year old children work. wouldnt suprise me. everything else walmart sells is made overseas.
shopper wrote:
Yep their bread is old..I quit shopping there beause too much of their food is low quality..Probably frozen bread shipped in from China.
hopalong

Mcminnville, TN

#25 Aug 19, 2011
candi wrote:
I stopped buying bread there also, i think it might have been shipped from china, and produced in sweat shops where four and five year old children work. wouldnt suprise me. everything else walmart sells is made overseas.
<quoted text>
I don't know about "bread" being made overseas and shipped in but most everything they sell is made in sweat shops from overseas. Wake up!
Saretta

Piedmont, SC

#26 Dec 18, 2011
Margie... believe the bread is fresh when i get it off the shelf, it get's stale when i stand in line so long.

LOL, I likem this.

“Ride em hard - Get em wet.”

Since: Dec 08

South Louisiana

#27 Dec 20, 2011
Yep know exactly what you mean. I have tried the Wally brand bread and many name brands and it always seems stale. I really think they get the bread in but it sits on those roll out racks in back of the store for several days before they place it on the shelves. As for date - yes many do print the dates on the wrapper but the thing with the color twist tie is also true. Go here- http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/breadtag.a...
and read about it. But still does not matter what color tie or what date, I have come home opened the loaf and when you try folding a slice in half it cracks being so dryed out. Just can't find any really fresh bread anymore.
unknown

Crossville, TN

#28 Dec 20, 2011
The bread from the bakery is the worst.It molds in a couple of days.I never buy walmart breads at all.
two slices

Lewisburg, PA

#29 Oct 5, 2012
was watchint tv this afternoon. had a couple slices of bread. they seemed kinda soft but nothing noticably wrong with the flavor. looked down and about two slices further down is when the discoloration started. big mold issue with the loaf of bread. the two slices i had didnt taste bad but just two slices down is where it begins for several slices down after that. took a couple aspirin and a lot of water.

anyone have any additional suggestions on that? appreciated.
KISSMYASS

Cookeville, TN

#30 Oct 5, 2012
I wish someone would cut the fresh bread at Walmart instead of hiding inside the bakery kitchen as if they had so much to do.... IF NOT PUT IN A SLICER SO WE CAN GET OUR BREAD CUT!! Might fix the moldy bread problem!
two slices

Glen Rose, TX

#31 Oct 5, 2012
in my case it was bought good, it just sat on top of the frig and apparently got that way. wasnt putting a bad on W******

Since: Aug 10

Cookeville, TN

#32 Oct 6, 2012
I've had the same problem with their Mayfield milk. My guess is a problem with the cooler not keeping it cold enough or something, but for a long time I had to stop buying it from them. I've only had that problem with the bread once though.
patricia712

Westerville, OH

#33 Sep 4, 2014
Color Code for Bread:
Monday - Blue
Tuesday -Green
Thursday -Red
Friday - White
Saturday - Yellow
interested

Crossville, TN

#34 Sep 5, 2014
uh huh wrote:
Here's a way to help you get the freshest bread. The bread ties are actually color coded bread is delivered to every store on the same day mon starts the week and sunday ends the week there is 2 days in there that bread isnot delivered but I don't know them days. If bread is delivered on monday the bread tie will be blue. If delivered on sunday it will be yellow. There is a patteren they go by the color is in alphabetical order as to what day its delivered. So mon is B as blue and sun is Y as yellow. Get it? Also buns with the plastic clips are the same way. So if you go sunday and get a loaf with a blue tie you know its last mondays bread and Probably won't be fresh. Hope this helps.
So could you list other colors they use besides just the Mon and Sun? I guess they use red and white ties, but what are the other colors??
milk_bad

Crossville, TN

#35 Sep 5, 2014
Smilax wrote:
I've had the same problem with their Mayfield milk. My guess is a problem with the cooler not keeping it cold enough or something, but for a long time I had to stop buying it from them. I've only had that problem with the bread once though.
Have bought Walmart milk that went bad days before the expiration date. Happened a couple of times. I think you must be right on cooler not being cool. Or they let it get warm transferring into the cooler from the trucks. With truck doors open they'd really need to move fast to keep milk cold in this hot weather.
William Walker

Walla Walla, WA

#36 Jan 15, 2015
I have never made bread before and I would really like to try to learn. I feel like it would be nice to learn and fun. I love bread, especially when it is homemade. I also find it fascinating how we came up with making bread. http://www.klostermanbakery.com/
Where is the truth

United States

#37 Apr 24, 2016
breadman wrote:
Remember, they don't make it and the same bread trucks that go to wally world go to all the rest of the stores. Food City, Kroger and all the mom and pop stores get it from the same place. there is no difference
Same trucks yes, but that doesn't mean it's the freshest bread. To save cost, they may buy bread that isn't the freshest, but still has some shelf life left. Overstock if you will from the bakery that wasn't sold within a few days of being made. And / or buy backs from the stores that stock the freshest bread that hasn't sold yet, but Still has shelf life. Rotating stock from the fresh stock stores to the not as fresh stock stores.. Temperature and humidity in the store can also affect shelf life. If Walmart is the Last stop in the bread truck route, again to save cost, they may elect to not be a prime customer who gets the first deliveries, that bread sits on a non air-conditioned box truck in the sun. Like leaving your bread in the car on a hot day. Typically bread deliveries are made very early in the morning. The good stores will allow the driver to set off bread in the back of the store and they can come back later to set the bread out on the floor. Remember Walmart is about getting the cheapest, not the freshest. I don't know what the difference is, but we have noticed it too, between the same brands, stores right down the street from each other..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To her bf. 12 min youknowwho 24
Crazy girls are my fav 14 min youknowwho 12
Ratty PAJAMA PANTS in public - the official pan... 31 min wow 7
when did it become ok for little kids to be in ... 1 hr citizen 7
mystery man - jeff dahlberg (Oct '15) 1 hr JIM MORROW 7
Brittnay Nichols (Apr '12) 1 hr ladybooboo 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - Bypass Secured Lock Screen 2 hr BibbyPad34 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossville Mortgages