First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mister

Crossville, TN

#1 Feb 5, 2011
Has anyone else bought bread from Walmart that isn't fresh? Even tho the date says it's fresh for a few days, it really isn't once you open it up. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
shopper

Crossville, TN

#2 Feb 5, 2011
Yep their bread is old..I quit shopping there beause too much of their food is low quality..Probably frozen bread shipped in from China.
Mister

Crossville, TN

#3 Feb 5, 2011
shopper wrote:
Yep their bread is old..I quit shopping there beause too much of their food is low quality..Probably frozen bread shipped in from China.
You are probably right.
chop

Crossville, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2011
yes i got some bread thursday and it was not fresh at all and it was merita brand
Anonymous

Crossville, TN

#5 Feb 5, 2011
NO
What--

Crossville, TN

#6 Feb 5, 2011
I buy bread all the time and its always fresh why don't u try store kind instead of merita cause merita sucks.
Mister

Crossville, TN

#7 Feb 6, 2011
chop wrote:
yes i got some bread thursday and it was not fresh at all and it was merita brand
We've gotten the Merita too and it wasn't fresh, also we've bought the Sara Lee brand and it was about the same.
breadman

Crossville, TN

#8 Feb 6, 2011
Remember, they don't make it and the same bread trucks that go to wally world go to all the rest of the stores. Food City, Kroger and all the mom and pop stores get it from the same place. there is no difference
As The Mold Turns

Crossville, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2011
I got some bread from there and opened it up with high hopes of making a BLT and mold was covering some of the slices. I swear there was even something that looked like mildew on one slice but not sure. I thought of taking it back and showing them but didn't want to walk in there with a moldy loaf of bread in my hand and have to deal with all the drama that might have occured. I just fed it to the little birdies, they sure liked it. I guess it didn't go to waste after all. I try to always do my part and feed the hungry.
Jasper

Sparta, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2011
As The Mold Turns wrote:
I got some bread from there and opened it up with high hopes of making a BLT and mold was covering some of the slices. I swear there was even something that looked like mildew on one slice but not sure. I thought of taking it back and showing them but didn't want to walk in there with a moldy loaf of bread in my hand and have to deal with all the drama that might have occured. I just fed it to the little birdies, they sure liked it. I guess it didn't go to waste after all. I try to always do my part and feed the hungry.
That was a good idea. The penicillin in the mold might keep them from coming down with the bird flu.
uh huh

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2011
Here's a way to help you get the freshest bread. The bread ties are actually color coded bread is delivered to every store on the same day mon starts the week and sunday ends the week there is 2 days in there that bread isnot delivered but I don't know them days. If bread is delivered on monday the bread tie will be blue. If delivered on sunday it will be yellow. There is a patteren they go by the color is in alphabetical order as to what day its delivered. So mon is B as blue and sun is Y as yellow. Get it? Also buns with the plastic clips are the same way. So if you go sunday and get a loaf with a blue tie you know its last mondays bread and Probably won't be fresh. Hope this helps.
Jpete

Tempe, AZ

#12 Aug 18, 2011
shopper wrote:
Hey, that's really "smart"for you to say that, frozen bread from China!LOL I hope u had learn a little economic.
colonial

Chattanooga, TN

#13 Aug 18, 2011
How many of you ladies would like to get bread somewhere else?

“WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE IT COUNT”

Since: Mar 11

CROSSVILLE, TN

#14 Aug 18, 2011
walmart bread sucks! I hate it when my mom gets it it seriously doesnt last a few days before it smells funky
peeve

Crossville, TN

#15 Aug 18, 2011
I stopped shopping Wal Mart because I got tired of waiting in line at the register for 10-15 minutes at a time. Last time I was there, I left my full shopping cart at the Customer Service area. There was 6 people in line in each of the 3 open non-express lines.
charlene

Knoxville, TN

#16 Aug 18, 2011
Yes walmart is getting ridiculous...and im not talking abt their bread but the waiting in line for 25+ mins is ridiculous. By the time i get thru the line i no longer have frozen foods...they r all thawed and i dont even bother getting ice cream it would be long gone. Havent they heard of opening more than 2 lanes at a time??
hard worker

United States

#17 Aug 19, 2011
because they are cutting our hours bad and vendors do the bread so i would call the company and complain we want to work we need to support our families 1800wamart call and tell them to let us work we hate lines of cranky people too i love my customers and wish we could do more but our hands are tied
peeve

Crossville, TN

#18 Aug 19, 2011
I sent them a e-mail, but haven't gotten a response yet.
hard worker

United States

#19 Aug 19, 2011
peeve wrote:
I sent them a e-mail, but haven't gotten a response yet.
keep it up we understand the frustration we feel that way too bother them daily
Margie

Chattanooga, TN

#20 Aug 19, 2011
charlene wrote:
Yes walmart is getting ridiculous...and im not talking abt their bread but the waiting in line for 25+ mins is ridiculous. By the time i get thru the line i no longer have frozen foods...they r all thawed and i dont even bother getting ice cream it would be long gone. Havent they heard of opening more than 2 lanes at a time??
I believe the bread is fresh when i get it off the shelf, it get's stale when i stand in line so long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Campbell 4 min Lol 2
Child molester paid to snitch by ccsd 29 min does not matter 10
*Ugly Dudes W/Hot Chicks* 36 min 480 Freak 17
Tyler crispy 45 min hmm 2
Some observations and Crossville et al... 1 hr Ben Dover 3
Any Good-looking Single Blondes (Sep '14) 2 hr Doc 3
I wish we could talk! 2 hr Doc 51
Teachers Fired 19 hr Honesty 26

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web