Legendary Football Coach Faces Crimin...

Legendary Football Coach Faces Criminal Charges For Paddling

There are 215 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Mar 8, 2012, titled Legendary Football Coach Faces Criminal Charges For Paddling. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

CROSSVILLE, Tenn.- A legendary local football coach is in trouble, accused of going too far with corporal punishment on a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
wtf

Crossville, TN

#1 Mar 8, 2012
thats whats wrong with the schools and the world today is there is not enough corporal punishment.
Bull

Mcminnville, TN

#2 Mar 8, 2012
He would have touched my kid like and and I'd have been the one doing corporal punishment on his ass.
The Mongoloid

Knoxville, TN

#3 Mar 8, 2012
Bull wrote:
He would have touched my kid like and and I'd have been the one doing corporal punishment on his ass.
You ain't no Bull you a little ol steer
Real Patriot

Crossville, TN

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Wasn't he charged with this before and had to go through "anger Management" when a parent confronted him and Davis assulated the parent AFTER he had assaulted the child!

The child in this case was on the NO PADDLE list AND was a special ed case.

Davis should have been forced out YEARS ago. He is a menace to children.
what happened

Gainesboro, TN

#5 Mar 8, 2012
LOL! This ole bastard had it coming. It's about time. My memories of him include him bullying and teasing weaker students. When he would smell blood in the water, he'd join in. I'll never forget some of the things I saw him do in my 8th grade science class...I hope they throw the book at him.
Real Patriot

Crossville, TN

#6 Mar 8, 2012
The 25 year old science book he used because he couldn't grasp the newer science books! He was not the brightest crayon in the box!
mipples you say

Columbia, TN

#7 Mar 8, 2012
Judge Jury and Executioner that is all this piece of sh*t site is. Worthless trash, busy bodies and gossip mongers. Truth hurts YOU Can't handle the truth!
Hoss gets the board

Gainesboro, TN

#8 Mar 8, 2012
The truth has finally came out about Coach Davis. It took long enough.
Real Patriot

Crossville, TN

#9 Mar 8, 2012
Davis in an anachronism and a bully!
Budrow

Crossville, TN

#10 Mar 9, 2012
mipples you say wrote:
Judge Jury and Executioner that is all this piece of sh*t site is. Worthless trash, busy bodies and gossip mongers. Truth hurts YOU Can't handle the truth!
It looks more like YOU can't handle the truth Me. Mipples! I hope they take his name off the field. It does not deserve to be there!
yeah

United States

#11 Mar 9, 2012
if you watch the video clip it accuses him of "shoving a kid and making him bend over a rock to be paddled" I am calling bullsh99 on this. Is there actual proof this so-called incident occured? Are there actual witnesses? Anyone that has had coach knows this isn't how he paddles. Maybe the kid deserved the paddling and if the parent was so concerned about his well-being and how serious his injuries were that any type of pressure to the spinal area could injure him, WHY WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR CHILD IN SCHOOL??? I mean really! Have you not seen how 13 and 14 year old boys act? I hope this nonesense gets thrown out quickly. Total waste of the taxpayers time and $$
Bobbie

Nebo, NC

#12 Mar 9, 2012
Really y'all are a sad bunch! He was a great teacher and never spanked a kid that didn't deserve it!!!
Budrow

Crossville, TN

#13 Mar 9, 2012
yeah wrote:
if you watch the video clip it accuses him of "shoving a kid and making him bend over a rock to be paddled" I am calling bullsh99 on this. Is there actual proof this so-called incident occured? Are there actual witnesses? Anyone that has had coach knows this isn't how he paddles. Maybe the kid deserved the paddling and if the parent was so concerned about his well-being and how serious his injuries were that any type of pressure to the spinal area could injure him, WHY WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR CHILD IN SCHOOL??? I mean really! Have you not seen how 13 and 14 year old boys act? I hope this nonesense gets thrown out quickly. Total waste of the taxpayers time and $$
Well, smarty panz, it could be that the parent has the child in school BECAUSE THAT IS THE STATE LAW THAT REQUIRES the child be in school. Hmmmm. Guess you never thaought of that did ya? And Obviusly there WAS enough evidence to get an INDICTMENT FROM THE GRAND JURY and for the DA to present the case there.

Coach (and I use the term very loosley) Davis should have fired YEARS AGO! He is the worst possible excuse for a teacher!
Budrow

Crossville, TN

#14 Mar 9, 2012
Bobbie wrote:
Really y'all are a sad bunch! He was a great teacher and never spanked a kid that didn't deserve it!!!
No matter what you say, the child in question was on the DO NOT PADDLE list according to BOE policy! He should not have been paddled AT ALL.

DAVIS VIOLATED THE BOE POLICY AND SHOULD BE FIRED FOR THAT EVEN IF HE ISN'T CONVICTED of the assualt.

And this is not the first time Davis has been scharged with ASSUALT either!
Bobbie

United States

#15 Mar 9, 2012
Blah blah blah, so he was on the do not paddle list. He shouldn't have paddled him but all this drama over that please! Point is if the child was this bad off he shouldn't have been at school!
Hes Dawgs

United States

#16 Mar 9, 2012
My son had Mr. Davis last year in 8th grade, he loved his class and was on the Basketball team. He also really liked him as a coach. I do agree that he stepped over the line, if this is true. I will say the only teacher i know of that carried his paddle in his back pocket was Mr. Agee at Martin....just saying. I do agree also that this NO PADDLEING policy has went to the kids heads. If the teachers think they need a paddleing when bust their butts. I sign it every year that mine can be paddled. I also know a Guy that was indited by the grand jury on aggressive child abuse 2 years ago, he is still walking the streets. There is also home school.
Respect

Crossville, TN

#17 Mar 9, 2012
Coach Davis is an amazing person and coach. The kid he paddled deserved it. He's never hurt any kid that didn't. So all you can shut up and leave coach alone. His name will always belong on the Homestead football field. We love and respect OUR coach.
Respect

Crossville, TN

#18 Mar 9, 2012
Go Bobbie and hes dawgs!
CoachIsAmazing

Crossville, TN

#19 Mar 9, 2012
All of you need to shut up. I was his student for the last 3 years and he honestly was the best science teacher, gym coach, basketball, tennis, football and everything coach! He has always encouraged kids that need encouragement. He only did what was necessary! You can complain on this if you want but most of you haven't had him in a long time and he has changed his teaching/coaching methods! He will always be remembered by every student and will always but part of HES! He gave so much to that school and had to end his career this way! So, please just give this man the respect he deserves and get over it. This kid deserved a paddling, i know for a fact.
ccl

Herndon, VA

#20 Mar 9, 2012
I had Coach all through my homestead years, I learned alot from him. He was so inspirational. He didn't put kid's bratty attitudes. If a child gave him any lip, he was right on top of it, SOME parents could actually use a few things from coach davis if you ask me. He taught at HES for soo many years, I had, my mom had, and my grandpa had him. He was one of Homestead's most prized possessions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirk wattenbarger 2 hr Mike 48
anna agusti prego? (Dec '14) 3 hr Jason 37
Barack Obama, Derek Dooley, and Butch Jones, th... 3 hr No denying it 1
Nikki yingling 4 hr Get a life 4
Stephanie Tuttle 4 hr Yummy yea 5
Ashley England SL*T 4 hr Peace 7
NEVER FORGET: NFL players sat down during the ... 4 hr You moron 65

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance