Why do people talk bad about other pe...

Why do people talk bad about other people?

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hola

Maryville, TN

#1 Dec 14, 2010
Why does everyone say bad things about one another... I mean we all have our opinions and what not but is it really our place to tell everyone what is wrong with someone other than ourselfs... I don't know it might just be me but I think that if you have a problem with someone you should talk to them one on one.. Not through a text or anything but face to face... That is the only way to go I think...
Tell me your opinion what do you think??
rotty

Sparta, TN

#2 Dec 15, 2010
Hola wrote:
Why does everyone say bad things about one another...
I don't, & never have on any of the forums.
XMT

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2010
Because it makes you feel better about yourself. Everyone in the world at some.point in their life has said something bad about another person.
family

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2010
XMT wrote:
Because it makes you feel better about yourself. Everyone in the world at some.point in their life has said something bad about another person.
Or thought it..
What Now

Crossville, TN

#5 Dec 15, 2010
Those people have noting better to do.

Since: Jun 10

Crossville, TN

#6 Dec 20, 2010
Because they have no life!!! They talk crap on the computer but will never do it in person cause they know they'll get beat down.
whitedove

Crossville, TN

#7 Dec 20, 2010
I think they do it because they can. On one hand they will be your best buddy, best friend, or best family member then when you are not around they will talk about you like a dog to other people. I have had it happen to me many times by my own family members and suposed to be friends. They will tell me they love me and tell me all nice things as long as i am riding with them in the car or we are out together but just when we are not together they talk about me like a dog, saying all things including just how dumb i am etc.. And the only reason i know about it is well because others have taped them unaware they were being taped and then let me listen to it.. So what do i do about it? nothing.. because every word they say they will be the ones standing before God and have to face what they did.

Bible tells us to pray for our enemies and to do good to them so i always do good to them no matter what and yes at times i will cry but in my own home in my own bedroom and cry as i am speaking with God not to hold it against them cause they know no better right now.

The hardest thing to do is to forgive yourself. So when someone talks bad about you or spreads things about you rather they be the truth or not the truth remember they will be the one who has to stand before God and explain why they did what they did. We need to just worry about ourselves and not about others or what others might say about you. I will admit i used to worry a lot about what others would say about me and in doing so i tried to redo things a lot just to get accepted but the only one that really i need to be accepted of is God. He is the only thing that matters to me. People will look at you the way they want to see you but God doesn't just look at you he already knows you from the inside .
4real

Mount Juliet, TN

#8 Dec 21, 2010
They do it because their lives are so pathetic that they want others to suffer as they do, or worse.
well

Crossville, TN

#9 Dec 21, 2010
with some folks there's nothiung but bad things to say!
ItsA SouthernThang

Crossville, TN

#10 Dec 21, 2010
Welcome to the South, a place where if you can't talk crap about other people, what is there to talk about?
The first thing the local inbreds usually do when talking to you for the first time is drop a name or two.

Sometimes it'll be the name of a local "badass" (scumbag) that they know. Their purpose/reasoning in this instance is that by association they can portray themselves as equally "badass".

Other times they'll drop the name of a foe in order to see if you are a potential foe as well. If you don't know this person then the (S)hit talking will begin and you'll be filled in on how worthless etc. this person is. That is unless the person is fearful of the afore mentioned in which case they will not elaborate, they will soon move onto another name.
The more saavy will try to illicit names from you in an attempt to gain insight to your "street creds" or "badassedness" etc.

Keep in mind that whatever you say to these people about other people WILL get back to the person being talked about. This can actually be quite useful if you're wanting to get a point across for example. Keep in mind that the grapevine is very twisted, so use simple words so as not to confuse your subject. Otherwise, they tend to distort your message using their limited vocabulary. Put great emphasis on the root points you want to get across, perhaps repeat them. Ususally your subject will be a terrible listener, only waiting for their turn to talk.

These are just the basics, but if you keep them in mind when talking to a local, you can really have a good conversation. They will have funn talking about people and you will enjoy playing them like a fiddle.

Enjoy!
This is it

Sparta, TN

#11 Dec 21, 2010
Merry Christmas to all.
Angie

Crossville, TN

#12 Dec 22, 2010
shenequa wrote:
Because they have no life!!! They talk crap on the computer but will never do it in person cause they know they'll get beat down.
Well, well, whiney. We do have a more exciting life than the whining one you have. I talk crap in person along with on the PC. I don't hide behind anything to say my say, unlike what you are doing now.
Just what is being "beat down"?
kind of like the opposite of "Beat Up? or were you thinking of beat off?
All you need is the letter T in your name and it will spell just what you are: queen shet hahahaha

“"Baffle them with BS"”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Dec 22, 2010
ItsA SouthernThang wrote:
Welcome to the South, a place where if you can't talk crap about other people, what is there to talk about?
The first thing the local inbreds usually do when talking to you for the first time is drop a name or two.
Sometimes it'll be the name of a local "badass" (scumbag) that they know. Their purpose/reasoning in this instance is that by association they can portray themselves as equally "badass".
Other times they'll drop the name of a foe in order to see if you are a potential foe as well. If you don't know this person then the (S)hit talking will begin and you'll be filled in on how worthless etc. this person is. That is unless the person is fearful of the afore mentioned in which case they will not elaborate, they will soon move onto another name.
The more saavy will try to illicit names from you in an attempt to gain insight to your "street creds" or "badassedness" etc.
Keep in mind that whatever you say to these people about other people WILL get back to the person being talked about. This can actually be quite useful if you're wanting to get a point across for example. Keep in mind that the grapevine is very twisted, so use simple words so as not to confuse your subject. Otherwise, they tend to distort your message using their limited vocabulary. Put great emphasis on the root points you want to get across, perhaps repeat them. Ususally your subject will be a terrible listener, only waiting for their turn to talk.
These are just the basics, but if you keep them in mind when talking to a local, you can really have a good conversation. They will have funn talking about people and you will enjoy playing them like a fiddle.
Enjoy!
This is probably the best break down of local "social" advice I have seen on here. And don't forget. Most of the locals are related in some form or another. Be careful before you say something or agree with someone about another's "social status". Could back fire.
But, all things being equal, we must realize that this "local" society was very isolated and rural up until just a few decades ago. They, the community as a whole, are still adjusting and growing. Instead of one new family moving in the block, they have had a whole community move into their area. Big social changes there.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#14 Dec 22, 2010
Party Neutral wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably the best break down of local "social" advice I have seen on here. And don't forget. Most of the locals are related in some form or another. Be careful before you say something or agree with someone about another's "social status". Could back fire.
But, all things being equal, we must realize that this "local" society was very isolated and rural up until just a few decades ago. They, the community as a whole, are still adjusting and growing. Instead of one new family moving in the block, they have had a whole community move into their area. Big social changes there.
That's the dang truth..I went a while back to get my hair cut at a place on lantana. They wanted to know who my parents were..who my doctor was..how old I was..I kept telling them a wasn't from here but they wouldn't let up. I was sweating bullets by the time I left.
yeah right

Crossville, TN

#15 Dec 22, 2010
Enjoy!
Not to burst your bubble but it is equally as bad in the north, west, east . People are same every where. I have lived all over and people like to degrade others only to make their selves feel better. It isn't just a southern "thang" , it's a people "thang" with very low self esteems !!!!!
LOL

Crossville, TN

#16 Dec 23, 2010
Enjoy!
So does this in some way mean that locals are stupid? You can play us like a fiddle? If you dont like it here, its simple: LEAVE. If were nothing but inbreds that do nothing but talk about ppl, then just leave. You obviously dont know this place as well as you could if you would open your eyes. Crossville is a very nice town. Someone in a comment above had wrote about how when getting a hair cut they were asked alot of questions. Its just called starting conversation... or rather southern hospitality. Crossville is a nice little place. Of course there are ppl that like gossip, please tell me a place where there arent ppl like that. Tell me this... how often do you hear of a drive-by in Crossville? How often do you hear of a child being kidnapped? When was the last time you heard of a dead body being found??? Exactly. Crossville is a great place, and us "locals" know that, and we love our town.

Since: Dec 10

Greer, SC

#17 Dec 23, 2010
Hola wrote:
Why does everyone say bad things about one another... I mean we all have our opinions and what not but is it really our place to tell everyone what is wrong with someone other than ourselfs... I don't know it might just be me but I think that if you have a problem with someone you should talk to them one on one.. Not through a text or anything but face to face... That is the only way to go I think...
Tell me your opinion what do you think??
Exactly
livetoride

Crossville, TN

#18 Dec 25, 2010
People are the same everywhere in this united states. If they are talking bad about someone, they are leaving someone else alone. Thats the way i look at it. so there is the answer. I have relatives up north who talk bad about eachother constantly. Thats just human nature. My 94 year old grandmother does the same thing, bless her heart. I think she is bored.
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to burst your bubble but it is equally as bad in the north, west, east . People are same every where. I have lived all over and people like to degrade others only to make their selves feel better. It isn't just a southern "thang" , it's a people "thang" with very low self esteems !!!!!

“Brutal honesty can hurt”

Since: Oct 10

Not Crossville, but im here!

#19 Dec 25, 2010
Jealousy! That's really the only answer.
Jassica

Collegeville, PA

#20 May 30, 2014
when people start talk about you, you don't have to worry about it because they don't know anything about u. They look at u and judge but they don't know inside of u. that really matter is inside no matter what people talk about u. That's what I believe I hope it's help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
income tax return 59 min melissab 40
im a white man i hate other races but love thei... 1 hr tony myers 17
Gangs in Crossville (Mar '08) 1 hr gdupfolk 134
Baby dads 1 hr Smart 1
men that need woman to take care of them (Jul '11) 2 hr Bulldog 58
WAH! WAH! WAH! Democrats crying like widdle ba... 3 hr Snowflake Watch 27
Barack Hussein Obama was the greatest President... 3 hr Snowflake Watch 26
Kelsey brady 5 hr wow 22

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web