Christian right falls from mainstream

Christian right falls from mainstream

Posted in the Crossville Forum

Ironic Elmo

Crossville, TN

#1 Nov 26, 2012
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121125/NE...
Election signals America's cultural shift as white evangelicals lose power

Mansfield points out that conservative politics and the Bible donít always match up. Take immigration. The Bible teaches believers to welcome strangers and immigrants and not to mistreat them, he said, but conservative politics dictates illegal immigrants be deported and a wall built to keep them out.

The Bible tells believers to care for the poor. Religious conservatives often put a priority on personal responsibility.
Class Warfare Watch

Pulaski, TN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Play that class warfare game, baby Jesus.

And to the "moderator", I'm laughing at you and your obvious bias.
oh really

Crossville, TN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Ironic Elmo wrote:
http://www.tennessean.com/arti cle/20121125/NEWS06/311250052/ Christian-right-falls-from-mai nstream?nclick_check=1
Election signals America's cultural shift as white evangelicals lose power
Mansfield points out that conservative politics and the Bible donít always match up. Take immigration. The Bible teaches believers to welcome strangers and immigrants and not to mistreat them, he said, but conservative politics dictates illegal immigrants be deported and a wall built to keep them out.
The Bible tells believers to care for the poor. Religious conservatives often put a priority on personal responsibility.
Book, chapter, and verse on the Bible's pro illegal immigration stance, please.
oh really

Crossville, TN

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Whoever said that the Chrstian "right" wanted to mistreat illegals? All we want is what any nation wants (including Mexico)- a secure border and visitors who are law abiders, not law breakers.
You asked

Crossville, TN

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.
- Romans 15:7 (NRSV)

http://peace.mennolink.org/articles/immigyode...

I know how people feel about clicking links on here.. It explains the verse in context though, rather than taking it out of context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy and Ricky Turner (Aug '10) 12 min Warrant served 59
Girl at Arby's drive through 21 min Dr Phil 2
Creepy Black Mountain (Mar '10) 26 min Keep on Danzig 97
Facebook 1 hr Yuk 4
Delinquent child support 1 hr Concerned 15
Zero Doubt - Christian Rap Artist 2 hr 10 o clock people 4
Paging doctor house. 3 hr 10 o clock people 47
Scott elmore 13 hr Twice as nice 23

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web