old school

Crossville, TN

#67 Mar 12, 2013
Too loyal, best not to follow that path at Uplands anymore. It is just a job and each day could be your last :(
wow

Crossville, TN

#68 Mar 12, 2013
It was like a funeral around there, the employees were so upset that they did not get to say goodbye. They really respected her as a leader. She had everyone's respect and trust, you cant force that you have to earn it.
just me

Cookeville, TN

#69 Mar 12, 2013
Your right about that wow. It was as if we had all lost a family member. EVERYONE loves and respect
s her, She earned that love and respect. If your reading this and i hope you are, just know we all are here for you. Dick needs his head shoved up his ass.. To the people who can do something about Dick. DO something before we have to close the doors , bring Robin back ..
shouldaknownbett er

Crossville, TN

#70 Mar 12, 2013
I guess people need to realize this silly loyalty to a company is what it is "silly". A job is a place to make money nothing more nothing less.If you work somewhere that allows you to meet nice people and make long lasting friends thats a bonus. Everyone needs to stop sacrificing their life and joining the misery that comes with this place. Go to work and do the very best job you can do for the old people then go home. Put all of your energy into loving your family, your life. Most of all be thankful to God that you have that family, that life because it could be gone in the wink of an eye. Think about it, what would tommorrow be if you woke up with no job verses waking up with no life or no family? Our dear friends who have been trampeled on will be fine because they are good, strong people. Who knows who will have tread marks down their back next? Could be you,could be me.
hackie hackie

Crossville, TN

#71 Mar 12, 2013
Robin had a big problem, she loved and trusted people too much. Some people who worked for Robin crapped all over her. I sure hope you nosey &#@##&**@'s are happy. Your new boss will rip you to shreds just like he did Robin. He don't do it quick he takes you shred by shred till you have no dignity or feelings left. I think a few of you will wish you had put the energy into your job that you put into destroying Robin when old #@#$%& gets a hold of you. And when you are crying out for help no one will be there,cause Robin had your back.
lilmiss

United States

#72 Mar 13, 2013
Why was she fired? That is crazy. I wonder who the new administrator is, does anyone know? I can't believe the stuff I'm reading. Crazy,
Offended coworker

Crossville, TN

#73 Mar 13, 2013
HA! DICK is the THE NEW ADMINISTRATOR! Good luck kiddies....

I can hear the shreds a'comin' now...

rip rip

one by one
maybe its time

Crossville, TN

#74 Mar 13, 2013
Can anyone refer Robin to a good labor lawyer? There has to be Federal laws, if not Tennessee laws, about firing someone withour very good cause after 25 years and 2 years short of retirement. When is enough enough? Let Uplands pay for Dick's behavior. Then maybe this can stop before its too late.
truth is

Crossville, TN

#75 Mar 13, 2013
Offended coworker wrote:
HA! DICK is the THE NEW ADMINISTRATOR! Good luck kiddies....
I can hear the shreds a'comin' now...
rip rip
one by one
It has been a long and tiresome year of watching your back and waiting for the axe to fall, there is no fight left. No one cares if they even have a job now, no job is worth this kind of stress. Time to let the new folks take over.Wharton Homes and the Eden Concept will not withstand all the turmoil either, all that hard work is being destroyed from the top down.:(
employee

Crossville, TN

#76 Mar 13, 2013
just me wrote:
Your right about that wow. It was as if we had all lost a family member. EVERYONE loves and respect
s her, She earned that love and respect. If your reading this and i hope you are, just know we all are here for you. Dick needs his head shoved up his ass.. To the people who can do something about Dick. DO something before we have to close the doors , bring Robin back ..
Robin, im so sorry what happen we all love and miss you. there is NO ONE THAT CAN DO YOUR JOB BETTER THAN YOU
So Sad

Crossville, TN

#77 Mar 13, 2013
Could someone please list the names of the Board of Directors of Uplands. This is so very sad what is being done to all of the fine people ( employees and residents). Upper management need to spend a week doing the work at Fletcher and Wharton then see what it takes. The Board should ALL be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. Take a stand and admit a terrible mistake has been made. Then rectify the problem before it is to late!
he is running scared

Crossville, TN

#78 Mar 14, 2013
Dick is having to do damage control today Do not believe any thing the liar says. The fact he feels a need to explain means even he knows he has crossed over the line. Employees,residents, family -- tell the world what happened to Robin and put pressure on the Board. This is our chance to save Uplands before it is too late.
just me

Cookeville, TN

#79 Mar 14, 2013
he is running scared wrote:
Dick is having to do damage control today Do not believe any thing the liar says. The fact he feels a need to explain means even he knows he has crossed over the line. Employees,residents, family -- tell the world what happened to Robin and put pressure on the Board. This is our chance to save Uplands before it is too late.
You got that sooo right. He stood in front of everyone today, looked us in the eyes and lied. He needs to get rid of Laura shes so to faced she keeps things sturred up all the time. shes the one not doing her job. If the board dont get Robin back in there the doors will be closed. Run Dick Run, See Dick Run...
Disgusted

Kansas City, MO

#80 Mar 15, 2013
I agree about Laura, she is two-faced and back-stabbing.....She also is a brown-noser!!!So what do we all need to do????
Totally Pissed Outraged

Crossville, TN

#81 Mar 15, 2013
Ima tell u somethin mr woodard... Yur day is at hand to b added to this list of excommunicated. My mom is a superb mom, caregiver, leader and administator. Ive watched my mom since i was a kid walk nto nursing homes and make them grow nto more secure and comfortable for residents so that they can at least enjoy their last days considering their situations. I find it hard to believe after 20+ years of service and several directors, that a womanizing egotistical self centered a**hole could pull this off and let these residents and long tome staff suffer like this and fear their livelihood daily, when none of the previous "heads" had no issues with her and actually encouraged her to move forward with her visions. And, yet none of the board has stepped up to defend the staff or the residents. Funny, woodard recently acquired his administrative license jus a month previous to firing the current administator. lemme solve the puzzle for u.... 2 positions + 2 paychecks + very little work = a great situation for a recently divorced womanizer. i hope u guys ( board of directors) enjoy yur paychecks while they're still comin cuz soon enuf the same village yur making decisions for will no longer exist considering the obvious, big red firetruck reasons. its the same as puttin a dope dealer n charge of our schools. Wow! Hows that one gonna work out?! Keep n mind my mom not only has the 20 plus years of service at uplands/ wharton, she has been doin this as long as i can recall. Granted, sum might say my mom is hard to work for but anyone with sense knows nothing worth something ever achieved comes ez. And people r lazy nowadays and need a fire lit under their ass. Thats my mom. The same woman who would work all day then pop in at 2am to witness thefts, abuse, etc.so that she could rectify the wrongdoings and ask for nothing n return. she jus wanted the residents feel and b safe and secured. yup! Thats my mom! I could go on and on but i think the facts and the evidence r clear. I love u mom and ill fight for u cuz i know yur heart for the residents. Btw, yea, my name is scott....
employee

Crossville, TN

#82 Mar 15, 2013
do we really want a ar hopping alcoholic being our executive director and administor? NO we do not. you are so right he said yesterday that no one should be concerned about their job but on another hand the new DON wants to cut staff. she said we are over staffed and we are not they have to realize the caregivers do everything for the residents. not only do the caregivers take care of the residents they also have to do housekeeing,laundry, clean the dining room after every meal and keep the living room clean.
lilmiss

United States

#83 Mar 15, 2013
I think I have only met Scott a couple times when His grandmother was in the old home. Such a wonderful woman by the way. But i will agree with him, he has a wonderful mom and she was an awesome admin. Robin it was an honor working under you, they will regret this.
where is the press

Crossville, TN

#84 Mar 15, 2013
Does anyone know a newspaper reporer who can be directed to this thread? Especially the last 2 pages concerning Robin's firing? There is a story here the larger community needs to hear. The residents and workers need protection.
just me

Cookeville, TN

#85 Mar 15, 2013
where is the press wrote:
Does anyone know a newspaper reporer who can be directed to this thread? Especially the last 2 pages concerning Robin's firing? There is a story here the larger community needs to hear. The residents and workers need protection.
Ido :) Great ideal, Im on that....
Disgusted

United States

#86 Mar 16, 2013
WoooHoooo!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
and my blood just goes to work 55 min 10 o clock people 2
Attention CoLinx Employees!!! Important Union I... 1 hr suck it 21
New Priceless Foods IGA (Apr '13) 1 hr Twice as nice 181
Jimmy smith Manchester tank 1 hr Twice as nice 2
Howard Luxon Upchurch 5 hr LMFAO 5
Melissa dishman stole green dodge truck 6 hr Ta ta 2
Melissa Dishman 6 hr Spelling Cop 15
Steve Rains - Progressive Savings Bank 22 hr really? 20

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web