What is the best NO CONTRACT cell service?

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
frustrated

Antioch, TN

#1 May 30, 2012
I'm feed up with 2 year contracts what do you suggest
metoo

Sevierville, TN

#2 May 30, 2012
ALTELL time cards for $10 Nokia phone at the family dollar store is the best and you can buy time with double minutes. I have had mine over 10 years. Before that I tried all the others. Just buy the minutes you want.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 May 30, 2012
frustrated wrote:
I'm feed up with 2 year contracts what do you suggest
Couple of cans with a line between them. BWAHAaaa.
Captain Chaos

Jamestown, TN

#4 May 31, 2012
Straight Talk from Walmart, I get UNLIMITED EVERTHING for $51 dollars a month. They use Verizon towers too.
frustrated

Antioch, TN

#5 May 31, 2012
Thanks for the USEFUL feedback but what about range on these phone services. I have heard some ppl say they are not very good. What say you?
tell me this

Burnsville, NC

#6 May 31, 2012
I have Straighttalk ,use it all over the country,even have the cheapest phone they sell,never had a problem.
just me

Crossville, TN

#7 May 31, 2012
straight talk is great if your only calling land lines.I have one but stop using it for this reason,the phone worked great they used verizon towers but it was not cheap to call a verizon customer or any other cell company.
More Of Me

Nashville, TN

#8 May 31, 2012
TracFone. If you don't need a ton of minutes. Good service.
Tennessee Toothbrush

Lexington, TN

#9 May 31, 2012
frustrated wrote:
I'm feed up with 2 year contracts what do you suggest
Translation: I can't afford a cell phone and want a cell phone anyway.
Jack

Crossville, TN

#10 May 31, 2012
We use AT&T. You can buy a phone at the AT&T store or you can get a less expensive phone at Wal Mart. The AT&T worker told us which phones at Wal Mart would work with our plan. I have no contract, and I pay $50 dollars a month (plus tax, fees, etc. it actually ends up being about $56). I have unlimited talk, text, and internet. There's no way to go over and be charged extra. That's the problem I've always had with contracts - I always went over my minutes/texts. That can't happen with this plan because everything is unlimited. They deduct the payment out of your bank account each month. They also text you five days before they deduct that month's payment so you'll remember it's coming out:)
cumlover

Lexington, TN

#11 Jun 1, 2012
Jack wrote:
We use AT&T. You can buy a phone at the AT&T store or you can get a less expensive phone at Wal Mart. The AT&T worker told us which phones at Wal Mart would work with our plan. I have no contract, and I pay $50 dollars a month (plus tax, fees, etc. it actually ends up being about $56). I have unlimited talk, text, and internet. There's no way to go over and be charged extra. That's the problem I've always had with contracts - I always went over my minutes/texts. That can't happen with this plan because everything is unlimited. They deduct the payment out of your bank account each month. They also text you five days before they deduct that month's payment so you'll remember it's coming out:)
Verizon has this too.
dude

Loudon, TN

#12 Jun 1, 2012
Tennessee Toothbrush wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I can't afford a cell phone and want a cell phone anyway.
Only an idiot would pay 100+$ to Verizon when u can get same service with straight talk for 50. Even a Droid phone
cumlover

Mooresville, NC

#13 Jun 1, 2012
dude wrote:
<quoted text>Only an idiot would pay 100+$ to Verizon when u can get same service with straight talk for 50. Even a Droid phone
You are uninformed.
Tennessee Toothbrush

Mooresville, NC

#14 Jun 1, 2012
dude wrote:
<quoted text>Only an idiot would pay 100+$ to Verizon when u can get same service with straight talk for 50. Even a Droid phone
Only an idiot would use an inferior network when Verizon also has the same unlimited $50 plan.
Captain Chaos

Jamestown, TN

#15 Jun 1, 2012
just me wrote:
straight talk is great if your only calling land lines.I have one but stop using it for this reason,the phone worked great they used verizon towers but it was not cheap to call a verizon customer or any other cell company.
Well the people who are on contract with Verizon, US cellular etc are the IDIOTS who choose to be charged when someone calls them so Its NOT EXPENSIVE for Straight Talk Users at ALL.
Captain Chaos

Jamestown, TN

#16 Jun 1, 2012
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would pay 100+$ to Verizon when u can get same service with straight talk for 50. Even a Droid phone
I Agree with you %100 This goes to show you how much Verizon and US cellular etc companys are making on people who do Contracts.
frustrated

Bon Aqua, TN

#17 Jun 1, 2012
Tennessee Toothbrush wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I can't afford a cell phone and want a cell phone anyway.
I am not concerned with the monthly cost, its the
2 year contract that I wish to avoid. Anything could happen in that
time period to tighten ones finances and cause a financial and stressful hardship on someone. It is also the principal that a company can tie you down for such a period of time, it ridiculous. So pay attention next time "Tennessee Toothbrush" and thank you for your 2 cents worth.
Tennessee Toothbrush

Mooresville, NC

#18 Jun 1, 2012
frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>I am not concerned with the monthly cost, its the
2 year contract that I wish to avoid. Anything could happen in that
time period to tighten ones finances and cause a financial and stressful hardship on someone. It is also the principal that a company can tie you down for such a period of time, it ridiculous. So pay attention next time "Tennessee Toothbrush" and thank you for your 2 cents worth.
Pay retail for phone, then, moneybags. No contract.
frustrated

Bon Aqua, TN

#19 Jun 1, 2012
Tennessee Toothbrush wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay retail for phone, then, moneybags. No contract.
I think maybe you should consider changing your name to Tennessee Moran instead. You just don't seem to get it do ya? But again thanks.
Tennessee Toothbrush

Mooresville, NC

#21 Jun 1, 2012
frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>I think maybe you should consider changing your name to Tennessee Moran instead. You just don't seem to get it do ya? But again thanks.
My last name is not Moran, moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is jeremy patton? 2 hr JessiePatton 11
Republicans Hate Old,Children,Sick,and Disable ... 10 hr Pepper 5
Win or Loose will the DEVILcrats have a jockey ... 10 hr DEVILcrat hater 6
For the other woman, the homewrecker, the woman... 11 hr Wow 2 28
cumberland security 12 hr Darrell 12
Sandhill Crane Hand-Held Permit Drawing Is This... 13 hr Sneaky Pete 26
Is stock car bar/ some beach the new Renegade c... 15 hr imo 8
Classmates that are gone, but not forgotten (Aug '10) 22 hr mismose 438
Cheating wife on facebook (Jun '12) Mon Cow moo 27
Crossville Dating
Find my Match

Crossville Jobs

Crossville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crossville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crossville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]