Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

This past year the staff at CMC has had to give up our 401K match and our annual raise, the EXCUSE from management was the lagging economny. Yet, Management did not give up their 401k match (which by the way is much better than the general staffs)
Nor did they give up their annual raises.
They also had a beautiful Christmas party with a LIVE band while nursing and other depts. were given a $25.00 certificate to Kroger.
The money spent for the new Wound Center (which is closed only less than a month after it opened) I am sure was in the millions and ofcourse was built during our "failing economny!"
The hospitalists are hired by the hospital so that our attending doctors need not make hospital visits what a change from yesteryear....no house calls no hospital visits.......
Word on the floors is each of these hospitalists are being paid $250.000 a year! Why are the doctors not footing any of this bill?
Also starting in March all depts are being FORCED to change to one color of uniforms, luckily nursing has been given the wonderful bright and cheerful color of GREY! or like they like to call it SILVER.......try finding a silver uniform, oh you say the NEW UNIFORM shop at CMC has them (which was renivated at the price of $68,000) to sell all the staff new uniforms, during......you got it our failing economny!
We have no sick time, yet we are here to take care of sick people, lord forbid management should EVER give anything to a lowly nurse!
We have a dress code, yet the doctors come in here, dressed like farmers, some with jeans so tight they are riding in the crack of their arse!
We see them in dingy sweat pants and yes, even bathing suits! Nursing is EXPCECTED to give up their seat to a doctor, makes no difference how busy we are or that our time is limited, or that the doctors cubby hole sets empty, if they want the seat we have we are to move! When treated like this do you really think we feel like giving them respect........Not hardly!
Once we were even told we were not allowed in our nursing station on the day shift as it as not big enough for both doctors and nurses! WHATEVER........
Things need to change here drastically, morale is at an all time low, This place sucks as far as employment goes, but hey they are the only game in town if your an R.N. you must swallow it all and take it if you want a job, after all we should be thankful we have a job........I have heard that a few times from our wonderful "management!"
Get a NEW job

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Word of advise....GET ANOTHER JOB!It's clear you're not happy and if really repulses you to go to work and "help the sick" because you are consumed with bonuses and uniformes, then you need to figure out what you REALLY want to do and do it. I would be very concerned if a nurse with your attitude had to tend to my needs. I'm not condoning some of the pints you made, but you have the right to address the issue with Administration and tell them your thoughts. Be prepared though to have your hours cut or be terminated. We all have choices. Make one and assert yourself.
Get a NEW job

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Word of advise....GET ANOTHER JOB! It's clear you're not happy and if it really repulses you to go to work and "help the sick" because you are consumed with bonuses and uniformes, then you need to figure out what you REALLY want to do and do it. I would be very concerned if a nurse with your attitude had to tend to my needs. I'm not condoning some of the points you made, but you have the right to address the issue with Administration and tell them your thoughts. Be prepared though to have your hours cut or be terminated. We all have choices. Make one and assert yourself.
Palo Duro

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

QUIT.....MOVE......CMC ain't the only "GAME" in the world???

(Doctor's get to do what they want because THEY WENT TO SCHOOL FOR 10+ YEARS.....they earned the right.....you go to school for a few more years and people might respect you a bit more......they put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, their brains are just bigger...(so is their wallets))
Humorous

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

No one deserves to be treated better than another person regardless of how long they went to school, no one is automatically better than another personl!!!! This goes for any profession. I am a nurse and have been for over ten years. Nurses deserve respect, no doubt about it. Unfortunately we have to deal with many egotistical people. The fact is..... doctors would not be able to doctor without nurses. We are their eyes and ears. We are the patient advocate. I have worked for CMC in the past and obviously nothing has changed. I did move on (quickly), and was very happy I did. If you are looking for anything to change there, that may never happen. Luckily we have a high demand job so don't settle. There are many places that treat their employees good and many doctors that realize all we do to assist them.
Sick of the B S

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Your absolutely right CMC management sux they treat their employees like crap.They wonder whats happening to the money? Its insane the waste that they have created with failed projects. Some departments have so many supervisors they dont know who is actually in charge. Its a who you know or who you blow hospital to get into management or just how good of an ass kisser you are. If all the upset employees quit and went somewhere else to work we might not have anybody there to care for us when were sick or injured here in Crossville. So my hats off to all of you who care enough to stay in Crossville and put up with all the sh_t.
Sick of the B S

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Palo Duro wrote:
QUIT.....MOVE......CMC ain't the only "GAME" in the world???
(Doctor's get to do what they want because THEY WENT TO SCHOOL FOR 10+ YEARS.....they earned the right.....you go to school for a few more years and people might respect you a bit more......they put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, their brains are just bigger...(so is their wallets))
You would be suprised how many of these highly educated people couldnt stick there thumb up their as_ without someone telling them how. I have seen some idiots with the title MD behind there name.
just the way it is

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

CMC has really went down hill over the years. So many of the nurses are not nice to patients at all. If you are having a bad day leave it at home when you are sick or having surgery the last thing someone wants is for somebody to be taking care of them that is in a bad mood or just rude! Nobody deserves to be treated the way CMC employees are treated that is for sure. And no wonder so many patients want to go to out of town doctors to have surgery and CMC is losing alot of money. How many times has CMC changed the dress code? and really gray for nursing wow that is so depressing!! as long as you have your badge on who cares what color your scrubs are! CMC needs to get it together!!! My father recently had surgery at Cookeville Regional and wow what a nice staff they have!! every nurse was wonderful and all the employees actually smiled when you walked past them or when they were talking to you unlike CMC you can walk down the hallway and good grief it is like walking into a funeral home with all of those frowns.... I hate that you are treated bad at CMC but Cookeville Regional is not that far away maybe you should consider changing jobs.. I know there are alot of people from Crossville that drive to Cookeville and Knoxville.. Best of luck to you.
United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Judged:

yes, cmc does suck. between the lack of even a cost of living raise, not matching out retirement, forcing us to quit smoking (but do nothing of the fat ass nurses and serve bacon with EVERY meal EVERY day), and the new uniforms (that my dept has been in for over a year now) thank god im going back to college this fall!

in every situation in life i try to tell myself, "it could always be worse" but this is gettin harder every day!
sorry to upset you

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

Do you not wonder what that big ass billboard cost on the water tower? Or all the adds in the paper and on the radio? It I am sure was provided by the staff of CMC as it is our raise for the year and our 401K match......plus everything else we have NEW this year. What crap! Administration is way over the hill and needs to retire........AGAIN and stay that way this time!
Brian

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Do ya'll know Becci who works out there? She's done well so far without any complaints.
PEE-UN

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

sorry to upset you wrote:
Do you not wonder what that big ass billboard cost on the water tower? Or all the adds in the paper and on the radio? It I am sure was provided by the staff of CMC as it is our raise for the year and our 401K match......plus everything else we have NEW this year. What crap! Administration is way over the hill and needs to retire........AGAIN and stay that way this time!
YA'LL don't be pickin on the Administration Dept. they are tryin to do their best under bad times.
guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

the no smoking on campus is bull shit what happen to freedom b 4 long smokers real b outlaws
Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Brian wrote:
Do ya'll know Becci who works out there? She's done well so far without any complaints.
what dept?
Hard headed Hannah

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

So the concensus is: they never tell you what they are planning, whether it be closing a remote clinic, accessible by walking, to opening a 30 mile away clinic, in the Latino capital of East Tenn.whom I am guessing, will be all TennCare patients that of course dont reimburse well, so how long will it take to loose money there and close it too. It appears that reinstating yearly raises would be a significant attempt at restoring some moral, or at least the best place to start. Isn't the best place to start, the basis of which all people go to work to start with. We must attempt to make enough money to keep our family safe and provided for. when the exec's realize reinstating the raises mean the most--maybe it will become a better place. hears' hoping. good luck all you precious people who attempt to keep us all alive. May God Bless.
now now

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Get a NEW job wrote:
Word of advise....GET ANOTHER JOB! It's clear you're not happy and if it really repulses you to go to work and "help the sick" because you are consumed with bonuses and uniformes, then you need to figure out what you REALLY want to do and do it. I would be very concerned if a nurse with your attitude had to tend to my needs. I'm not condoning some of the points you made, but you have the right to address the issue with Administration and tell them your thoughts. Be prepared though to have your hours cut or be terminated. We all have choices. Make one and assert yourself.
i disagree cmc has lost a lot of good employees because of the bad management , telling people to move on is not good , no one will ever stay, you must be in management and probably wont admit it , if you have a good employee , take care of them ,,but nooooo just tell them to get another job ,,that is wrong friend
time to fly

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

I think after hearing all complaints--the first order of business should be- reinstating the cost of living raise . until that happens--nothing can be done to suite anyone. and moral will continue to suck.---------listen,,that is the first thing to be done,,,to take the anger away, then work on the others specifics after you've got the employee attention back.. use the only that matters, or your gonna have more people using the term " time to fly..
unknown

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

guy wrote:
the no smoking on campus is bull shit what happen to freedom b 4 long smokers real b outlaws
CMC is sitting theirselves up for a lawsuit plain&simple.If a patient wants to smoke bad enough they will walk across a rd.if they have to.If that pt.gets sickwhile over there(stroke,hrt.attack etc.)who is gonna be sued when nobody finds them quik enough?The no tobacco use is just wrong on all sorts of levels,&it's discrimatory!
Tired of you bashing CMC

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

unknown wrote:
<quoted text>CMC is sitting theirselves up for a lawsuit plain&simple.If a patient wants to smoke bad enough they will walk across a rd.if they have to.If that pt.gets sickwhile over there(stroke,hrt.attack etc.)who is gonna be sued when nobody finds them quik enough?The no tobacco use is just wrong on all sorts of levels,&it's discrimatory!
Smoking ban could expand to Sparta and Livingston
Liz Engel
Herald-Citizen Staff
Friday, Mar 26, 2010

COOKEVILLE -- A ban that would prevent patients and visitors from smoking on the campus grounds at Cookeville Regional Medical Center could possibly also extend to hospitals in Sparta and Livingston. Both White County Community Hospital and Livingston Regional Hospital are interesting in implementing the ban currently under study at CRMC -- and at the same time -- according to Cookeville Regional CEO Bernie Mattingly. CRMC continues to move forward with its plan to ban all smoking and tobacco use on the hospital campus, and, most recently, a committee has been formulated to further study the issue.

The 15-person group includes members of the CRMC board of trustees; doctors, nurses and volunteers at the hospital; and community members, including a representative from the local American Cancer Society chapter. Mattingly told the CRMC board last night that he would like representatives from White County Hospital and Livingston Hospital also to join. The hospital board voted unanimously in February to form the ad hoc committee after Mattingly proposed the smoke ban and told board members he'd like to see something in place "as soon as possible." The committee will be tasked with analyzing and developing a time frame for implementation of the ban, which would extend to all visitors and patients. Employees at CRMC are already prohibited from smoking on hospital grounds and all parties are banned from smoking inside.

"We're going to try to start (meeting) in April," said Steve Qualls, a hospital board member who will also serve as chair of the committee. "The first meeting we'll probably decide what kind of time frame we're looking at." In addition to Qualls, other members of the committee include David Hatcher, board member; Phillip Bertram, M.D.; Tim Fournet, M.D.; Charles Womack, M.D.; Sandy Karr, member of the local American Cancer Society; Randy Todd, community member; MaryDell Sommers, CRMC Auxiliary volunteer; Mary Jane Pride, CRMC Auxiliary volunteer; Kathy Maples, RN, Physician Associates of CRMC; Mika Barker, RN, 4North; Casey Copeland, RN, 4North; Kathy Sullivan, RN, CVICU; and Melahn Finley and Jill Bolling with CRMC's marketing and community relations department. Patients and visitors smoking outside the front lobby doors and entrance is the most common complaint hospital officials receive. "I am still receiving numerous, numerous positive comments from staff, visitors, physicians,(the) community, about the effort to go smoke free," Mattingly told the hospital's planning committee earlier this week. "So I think the committee and the board are on the right track."

Get used to it! Smoking bans at all hospitals soon! You people need to face the fact that smoking is unhealthy and if you are sick enough to be in the hospital then you are too sick to go outside and smoke! Cmc is a great hospital and has the best management team it has ever had!
CDJ

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Tired of you bashing CMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Cmc is a great hospital and has the best management team it has ever had!
I disagree with this statement. Some CMC department managers may be among the best, but why do so many patients opt to go to other hospitals? Why hasn't the problem of CMC patients contracting staph infection in recent years been brought under control? The rampant staph infection is inexcusable in my view.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

103 Users are viewing the Crossville Forum right now

Search the Crossville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Northwest Connector 9 min higherpriorities 17
Rue21 Forced Me to buy perfume! 14 min nope 6
men that hit women (Dec '13) 27 min Well 60
Psychiatrists are full of crap 29 min The REAL Doctor House 38
wayne rose (Apr '13) 34 min yep 14
Christian Cobb Bilbrey 40 min yep 3
gondolas 51 min The REAL Doctor House 7
What's happened to Honey's Market 1 hr kd17 10
If this forum is truly representative 6 hr The REAL Doctor House 36