Time for a change in Lake Tansi

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unhappypropertyo wner

Crossville, TN

#1 Dec 8, 2012
As a long time resident and property owner in Lake Tansi I have never gone to the office with a complaint.When they began selling OUR amenities to fund THEIR pet projects, I never complained.When they began raising dues, while only whittling away the benefits that the property owners enjoy, I never complained, to them or anyone.When they decided to take on an enormous debt to fund this new sewer project I began to worry. Many property owners sti ll think this situation is crackpot scheme cooked up by a charlatan for a very few select peoples' gain. Truthfully, I'm beginning to question whether the board of directors, or the management is or has ever been concerned with the long term viability of OUR community while THEY are making these unsatisfactory decisions.It saddens me to think of the time and money I have invested in this community so that a very select few of our local "politicians" can have whatever they want at everyone elses' expense. We wouldn't want to interrupt them with these questions as they are riding their adult go-carts down their pristine golfcourse, thats trespassing if your on foot, HA, trespassing on property that MY DUES PAY FOR!If you own property in Tansi and are fed up for any reason, me and some others are putting together some petitions and checking into possible legal ways to end this madness and make sure Tansi will be around for the long haul. If every dissastisfied resident that feels as though they have been cheated stands up and does something we can change this.Whether it's due to the sewer, bad decisions or some other well founded reason and you feel as though you have a reason to start taking an active part in our community please do so.We have discussed having peaceful sit-ins at the office, we have discussed peaceful sit-ins at the pro-shop and other LEGAL PLACES FOR DUES PAYING PROPERTY OWNERS TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS OF FREE SPEECH AND PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION.Their has been discussion of possibly hiring legal representation for something similar to a class action law-suit so that the property owners who are willing to stand up for their rights can basically form a seperate P.O.A and as possible renumeration keep a portion of their amenities privileges from the Lake Tansi P.O.A.Their has been some consultation with a few people who are well-versed with this kind of situation and they believe that if we have to legally pursue this we may even be able to get the smaller lakes from the Lake Tansi P.O.A.Thank you, and remember, we pay THEM to run OUR community, we pay their salary.I don't know about you, but I have to do my job to my employers' satisfaction if I want my paycheck and a job.
Whatever

Cookeville, TN

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Another hillbilly against progress...
redneck girlfriend

Lorain, OH

#3 Dec 8, 2012
this is nothing more than a power grab, which is going to reach through out the county and you in the city if you think you are not going to see higher rates; then the Titans are as likely going to move the operation to Crossville.

It is not right for any group to be forced to pay for something that they have no vote of those in charge of what they pay; to many people have died fighting to give other people this right which some of you think we should not have!

It is morally wrong to do this and a finical quagmire for the city or county to get involved in; they want to do something get on Yorks case and demand to see what was done out here. The POA is not a problem for all of you unless you want to get into this mess. The city and county would do well to get water and sewer to that area they bought up along 40 to develop for jobs that pay more than seven something an hour. The city mayor should look around and say we have no future for our young people and none for anyone who retires here. The idea that Tansi needs a sewer now makes as much sense as the City putting in a runway for 747 airplanes; waste of time and money.

If this was such a great need then why did the city take the water from out Lake if we are such a bad area. The lake is not polluted any more than any other body of water that has animals and wildlife around it/ the biggest cause of stuff in the lake is the golf course. Read the tests and reports.
redneck girlfriend

Lorain, OH

#4 Dec 8, 2012
WE ARE ACTUALLY EDUCATED YANKEE'S / WHICH YOU ALL SEEM TO HATE/ YET THE MAYOR SEE'S US AS YOUR FUTURE!
Whatever

Cookeville, TN

#5 Dec 8, 2012
The educated Yankees live in the glade.
Oh crap

Monterey Park, CA

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Since when is fighting fraud and corruption considered fighting process. This sewer is not progress, it strictly all about a few making tons of money of the back of many who cannot afford it nor need it and why should the citizens of crossville get caught up in all the lawsuits here.
Yes i love amberbock

Lexington, TN

#7 Dec 8, 2012
I'll simplify this and make it really easy for you. If you don't like what is going on in Tansi, then sell your property and move to Fairfield so you can bitch full time.

Secondly, that pristine golf course that you mention is the only reason that Tansi is still afloat. It brings in an extreme amount of money. You think the dues alone could keep this place going?

Seriously, give it a rest with these pathetic lawsuits.
Realist

Crossville, TN

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Sale property in Tansi, what a joke!
Oh crap

Monterey Park, CA

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Believe me if I could sell all you would see is my taillights but with the lousy economy and the impending sewer mess there is nothing selling out here unless you would like to buy my place and deal with the corruption out here. Make me an offer.
Yes i love amberbock

Lexington, TN

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Almost 20 properties sold last month in Tansi.

What is you excuse now?
Realist

Crossville, TN

#11 Dec 8, 2012
Last report I got was 2 sales in a year.......and those were bottom dollar sales. (:
Oh crap

Monterey Park, CA

#12 Dec 8, 2012
Well if that's true I wonder how much they lost. It sounds like you condone all the fraud that the poa, twmi, and duke coyne did. Besides that it was those pathetic lawsuits, as you call them, that exposed the corruption. I mean after all, our stinking pathetic poa board had no interest in doing what was right, did they.
Yes i love amberbock

Lexington, TN

#13 Dec 8, 2012
How much they lost or gained is irrelevant.

I could care less about the "corruption". You wont hear me bitching about anything. In a few years I will be out of Tansi.

Last time I checked, we poa members, voted on the board members.
Oh crap

Monterey Park, CA

#14 Dec 8, 2012
That's the problem, people that don't bitch and try to do what is right. You are right, we voted for the poa board but we assumed they would do what was right. Instead what we got was a filthy mess.
Hates Ignorance

Butler, PA

#15 Dec 8, 2012
Just bend over and take it like a big boy, OC. They know what's best for you.
Yes i love amberbock

Lexington, TN

#16 Dec 8, 2012
I'm the problem? Haha

No, I believe I'm not the problem. I am actually happy with my current Tansi situation.

I pay just over $1,000 in dues and I am fine with that as that is very cheap. The only thing that I don't like is that I now have to pay to go to the pool, but it actually makes sense.

Like I said, not happy, then move.
truthhurts

Crossville, TN

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Truthfully, we all know what the real problem in tansi is, too many old faces in comfortable places of power.It's become just another Breckinridge POA that doesnt know when to quit.
How much

Crossville, TN

#18 Dec 9, 2012
$1000 in dues? Thought it was closer to about 212.00 per year.
Oh crap

Monterey Park, CA

#19 Dec 9, 2012
He must not really live here, especially if he's happy with the currant situation. No one is happy here. The people against the sewer, which is about 90 percent are not happy because of the mess that was handed to us and the small number of pro sewer people are not happy because they have been stopped so far by the stop TANSI sewer group. And now they want to involve crossville in our mess. Go figure
big deal

Crossville, TN

#20 Dec 9, 2012
$1000 in dues? Sounds like someone has no brains and maybe some money probably one of our over paid employees that can't do more than one thing at time.

First they LOVE IT IN TANSI and then they plan on moving.

Buy my place and stay and pay more dues to keep that losing money golf course open.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gustavo Lozada 15 min Anna 5
Who's bright idea was it to schedule the last d... 39 min Wow 2
Becky Gibson and Scott Elmore 1 hr carla 8
Confess your secrets 2 hr footman1234 149
Crossville's White Women bringin in the trash 2 hr The REAL Doctor H... 13
Crossville is full of white trash. 2 hr Coco 7
Tiffani Houston 5 hr blondie 4
Becky Gibson 11 hr christin 41
More from around the web

Crossville People Search