First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jojoknows

Mcminnville, TN

#1 Sep 7, 2010
I am looking for a good dentist in the Crossville area to do some reconstructive work and everyone I have called is not accepting new patients. I have dental insurance and I just want to go somewhere that is good, friendly, and somewhat affordable. Any advice welcome on Dr. Hooie. His staff was helpful and my appointment is next week if I choose to go with him rather than find something else.
meg

Crossville, TN

#2 Sep 7, 2010
Just make sure he will take your insurance. Some cases have to pay up front and then you get reimburse from your insurance company.
tngal10

Redmond, WA

#3 Sep 7, 2010
I liked his office UNTIL they kept calling me and pressuring me to bring my kids back up there for expensive dental procedures that I didnt have the money for right away. My kids and I have a fear of the dentist to begin with but he was extremely nice and made us feel comfortable. I think his dental hygenists need to work on their people skills and the billing clerk was VERY rude! I heard that Dr. Fusco is much better to deal with and his staff is very friendly. Also that he does work with his clients on payment plans.
Sun_shine

Crossville, TN

#4 Sep 7, 2010
Dr. Fusco is an excellent dentist. But he is also very pricey.. But well worth it..
luckyme007

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2010
I have used Dr. Hooie for myself and my kids. I think you will like him.

Since: Aug 10

Crossville, TN

#6 Sep 7, 2010
I have heard that Dr. Hooie does unnecessary procedures just to get money if he is looking at going on a vacation or needs some extra cash. I use Dr. Moses. He is a very good honest christian dentist.
Honestly

Crossville, TN

#7 Sep 7, 2010
They are good dentists. I use Randall Crowder, he is an excellent person and dentist
been there done that

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2010
dr crowder told me i had a lot of teeth that needed work so i made an appointment with another dentist because i wasnt happy with what he did at all. i had to go back 4 times. so when i went to the other dentist he took xrays and he came in and said i didn't have any cavities. hmmmm well where did they go? he told my friend that she had 17 cavities and i told her to get a second opinion!
jojoknows

Mcminnville, TN

#9 Sep 7, 2010
I decided to make an appoint with Hooie and they got me right in without a hassle. They do accept my insurance, however, they are not in the preferred list or whatever so I have to pay more. They told me it will cost about $1,000 for what I am wanting done which was what I was expecting. We shall see how my trip is tommorrow - I am just going for xrays.
Blah blah

Crossville, TN

#10 Sep 7, 2010
Dr. Hooie is a great dentist, and well worth the money you pay. I have been going there for several years and he makes sure that if there is any problem or anything that may become a problem he takes care of it. I do have to agree that he tries to get the most money he can out of you, but I also have to add that alot of those things are preventative so in the long run it's really worth it.
just another reader

Crossville, TN

#11 Sep 7, 2010
I have never personally met Hooie but about a year ago I went in wanting an extraction. They did xrays (severe toothache) and told me that Hooie could save the tooth with a root canal. I asked what the price difference was and they told me to pull it would be around 120$. The root canal would be around 2000$. I have no insurance so I told them to pull it and Hooie refused. He believes if it can be saved then save it. Sure, he wasn't having to pay for it. So I paid 75$ for my xray and left - with nothing for the pain i was in either.
beep beep

Crossville, TN

#12 Sep 7, 2010
Does Dr. Hooie take Medacaid/Medicare? Am needing a good Dentist who also accepts that type of insurance.
for what its worth

Harrisburg, NC

#13 Sep 7, 2010
beep beep wrote:
Does Dr. Hooie take Medacaid/Medicare? Am needing a good Dentist who also accepts that type of insurance.
No he does not take those
Patient

Crossville, TN

#14 Sep 7, 2010
I go to Dr. Peebles and have ever since I was first old enough to go to the dentist. He is amazing. He is nice, very gentle, explains what he is doing before and while he is doing them, and very understanding. His hygienists and office staff are all very kind and respectful. I will go to him as long as he is still doing it and as long as I can afford it. I dread the day he retires!
Old Patient

Crossville, TN

#15 Sep 7, 2010
Dr.Hooie is great! I've had alot of work done by him and it has been over 10 years and everything is still great. I wished he accepted my new insurance.
Hmmmmmmmm

Oakdale, TN

#16 Sep 7, 2010
Hooie is a rip off. I went there and had insurance that was accepted and in the preferred plan. He wrote up all that was wrong with my teeth. It was two pages long. I had several things done by paying the co-pays. After a few months and many more procedures, I received a huge bill. The reason I was billed was that all of a sudden he was no longer in the preferred group. He never told me until after I had alot of work done. I was told they would turn it over to collections if I didn't pay. I ALWAYS asked up front how much the co-pays were and paid that as I left the day the work was done. I ended up going to Dr. Reignald next to Kroger. I took the paperwork in on what I still needed done. He told me all I need was two minor things on the 1 1/2 page list that was left. I was supposed to have gum disease and needed treatments every 3 months according to Hooie. All of it was a lie. I spent so much money on unnecessary work or made up stuff. One visit with capping a tooth is all I needed. Please be careful on taking his opinion. IMO
Raw Sewage

Crossville, TN

#17 Sep 7, 2010
Hooie Pooie
Not Sure

Cookeville, TN

#18 Sep 7, 2010
Not sure what kind of dentist he is. We were set up as new patients with appointments set a few months out. Filled out all the paperwork and was just waiting on our first appointments. About 2 weeks before our appointments, we were called and told that the office had a new policy of paying a good faith deposit of $50 per person due to many no shows. That was going to be $200 for us to just let stay there to have appointments. Needless to say, we cancelled our appointments. Apparently we did not need his service and he did not need our business.
What R U Thinking

Barnesville, OH

#19 Sep 7, 2010
I did not have a very good experience with him, and now I have a very large mismatched front cap to remind me.
no way

United States

#20 Sep 8, 2010
Stay away from Hooie, unless you like paying out the nose for a lot of procedures you don't really need. He tells everyone they need planing and scaling and makes you think your teeth and gums are bad. Some do need that but I don't. I got a 2nd opinion and lots of people I talk to say they had the same experience I did. I won't go back. Call Dr. Crowder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelley Y 51 min Michael Young 20
purge your white guilt today 2 hr honky 1
Marriage going down. Cohabitation going up? 3 hr MGTOW growing 5
a beautiful lucky day for a beastman 3 hr tuffet 154
Why is Subway's foot long sandwich not actually... 6 hr Yeah I said it 14
You people can't do anything! 6 hr Hypocrisy Watch 2
manitou island north and south 6 hr wish 5
Speaking of crappy Principals/teachers..Anyone ... (Sep '12) 10 hr Oya 14
Pandora's Forest (Sep '13) 10 hr Irving 605
More from around the web