Old Jane Wyatt Estate
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BRO

Cookeville, TN

#44 Jan 18, 2013
Thanks!! I did end up going to the brothel & taking lots of picture it's so beautiful out there and peaceful!!
moonshiner wrote:
what a bunch of crap. i knew ruby davis all my life and jane wyatt was not her sister. keith kerley from the valley ownes it now. jane wyatt was a dancer and that is it. i new the people from atlanta that owned it for 30 years and a man named kenny lewis that worlks at old delbar lived and kept it up for years and years.
now the hale house you get to it from christian rd and i have spent a many drunken night there but vandels have destroyed it. if you get on christian rd from lantana at the county line and go about a mile take the first rd to your right and follow to you come to it.
funny how so much gets so distorted
WFR

York, SC

#45 Jan 19, 2013
Kin wrote:
Ms.Ruby was an aunt of mine.My mother and her were first cousins,therefore Jane was to.
About a month before she died, she gave to me a big picture of the old Jane Wyatt house. She said that it was the only picture of it that she new of that Her sister had made and given away.
She said that she did not approve of the life that her sister lived in New York, the motion pictures, and the follies. You had to know Ms. Ruby..She had an opinion on everything and didnt care to give it.
Please post pics! I've never known of this house, and I was born and raised in Crossville!
digger

Crossville, TN

#46 Aug 27, 2013
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It is not haunted. My Dad worked for Ms.Wyatt many years ago. It is a shame people destroy things. Exspecially this great place.
can you tell me more about the house and if there were slaves there or not?
google

Crossville, TN

#47 Aug 27, 2013
google follies'jane wyatt',interesting to read.
David Webb

Auburn, WA

#48 Mar 14, 2014
Steve Rivkin wrote:
I was the one who posted the info about Jane Wyatt, first cousin to my grandfather Sanford Wyatt.
Jane was very sweet and treated me kindly, I was 6 years old and thought her log great house [mansion] looked spooky as a little boy. The great curving stairway to the upper floor was quite elegant. I asked her if she had ghosts and she said no and laughed. She did say they were many snakes about and the woods were all around.
- Steve
I went there as a child. My Grandmother was Rhoda Webb, wife of Rainey Lee Webb, and she took care of Ms. Wyatt for many years until her death. I don't remember when she sold the house but she had arthritis real bad and bought a ranch style home in Lantana I believe. I went there with Grandma once when I was about 12 or 13 so it would have been in 1972 or 1973. I think Jane was about 70 then. A. Lee was her son and he and my Dad, Alfred Webb, were great friends for many years. I loved that old house. It had a gate house and the circular drive went all the way around and the garage was in the basement. The servants quarters were the 2 stories above the kitchen. First house I ever saw that had electrical outlets in the floor. There was a woman that lived there as caretaker for several years but she died of breast cancer. I can't remember her name. I only met her once. Nice lady. My Grand parents lived on Vandever Road near the intersection of Fred Tollett Rd. Jane is buried in the Akins Cemetery there in Cumberland County. It is a shame no one could affords to take care of that old house.
farmgirl

Crossville, TN

#49 May 2, 2014
My Husband and I took care of the Wyatt place for 10 yrs~! It's far from Haunted~ A historical place that people have ripped to pieces~!!
farmgirl

Crossville, TN

#50 May 2, 2014
WFR wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post pics! I've never known of this house, and I was born and raised in Crossville!
Kenny Lewis never took care of the place for yrs~!!!! Jane was a half sister to Ruby Davis~
farmgirl

Crossville, TN

#51 May 2, 2014
BRO wrote:
Thanks!! I did end up going to the brothel & taking lots of picture it's so beautiful out there and peaceful!! <quoted text>
Kenny Lewis never took car of the place for years,he lived their for awhile~! My husband and I took care of the place for about 10 yr~ 8 people from Atlanta owned it while we lived their~and YES Jane was a half sister to Ruby Davis~!
stayaway

Cookeville, TN

#52 May 4, 2014
this beautiful house has been destroyed. the land is posted with no tress passing yet people keep tress passing on it. if i was the kerley's id booby trap the hell outta of it. its a shame what happened to this house. ive heard he has game cameras posted all over the property to get pictures of people to prosecute them.
Harold

Athens, TN

#53 May 4, 2014
I used to plow Jane's garden spot.
Poopie seed

United States

#54 May 9, 2014
Olin and a partner own the old house now.. My grandma was a hale (maiden name sherrill)and her brother was good friends with the nephew.. His last name was lee or something but my grandma used to go there all the time and tell us stories bout the place it was a mansion back in the day!! Used to be an old truck in the front yard that my granny's bro sold the lee boy but I'm thinking the truck is gone. Wish the owners would fix the place up!!
AppleDoc

Crossville, TN

#55 May 10, 2014
I knew Ruby J. Wyatt Davis ALL myl ife and NEVER heard her say anythingabu beingrelaed to ANY Jane Wyatt . Golden Wyatts husband Bradley was a brother to Ruby J. Wyatt. He died youg but I never knw hi8m to say anything about beig related to a Jane yatt.
Just Sayin

Crossville, TN

#56 May 12, 2014
David Webb wrote:
<quoted text> A. Lee was her son .
No, A. Lee was not her son. He did live with and take care of her but she had no children.
Greenbriar

Crossville, TN

#57 May 14, 2014
Ruby Wyatt Davis was indeed a half sister to Jane.
Greenbriar

Crossville, TN

#58 May 14, 2014
Ruby and Jane had the same father. John Q. Wyatt
Kin

Crossville, TN

#59 May 17, 2014
Aunt Ruby gave to me her favorie picture of her step sister.Before her death, she told me of her love for her sister, but she could not agree as to how she lived her life.Her and my mother were first cousins. I called her aunt Ruby.prior to her death, she gave me lots of pictures of Jane and the house.
oldenoughtoknow

Crossville, TN

#61 Jan 4, 2015
Kin wrote:
Jane was a first cousin to my mother. Many people do not realize that Ruby Wyatt an educator hear in Cumberland County was a sister to Jane. Ruby did not approve of Janes acting in movies and Broadway. I have some original pictures of the home that were painted years ago.
Thats awsome...i lived there and watched over it for a while...love to know the whole story....i love it down there....
In the know

Doyle, TN

#62 Jan 5, 2015
Steve Rivkin wrote:
I was the one who posted the info about Jane Wyatt, first cousin to my grandfather Sanford Wyatt.
Jane was very sweet and treated me kindly, I was 6 years old and thought her log greathouse [mansion] looked spooky as a little boy. The great curving stairway to the upper floor was quite elegant. I asked her if she had ghosts and she said no and laughed. She did say they were many snakes about and the woods were all around.
- Steve
Is the property that was across the street from Marlow Motors Jane Wyatts as well its on North St also across from Tap publishing I would love to know who owns that property if it wasnt hers thanks
in the know

Doyle, TN

#63 Jan 5, 2015
Does the property across from the old Marlows Motor belong to her estate?its the property that is also on the corner of Park St. and North St.across the st from TAP Publishing?I would like to know who owns that property anyone know?
huh

Crossville, TN

#64 Jan 21, 2016
Very interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Ray Barnwell (Jan '15) 23 min Worried 12
Original Challenger or Original Citizen?? Are t... 40 min TheFacts 51
Wyndham 48 min No surprise 9
Tana Allen 1 hr upstandingone 5
Badcock Furniture Store 1 hr jonah 3
Please help me find her... 3 hr jessicam22 1
Hey Original Citizen 3 hr Really 29

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance