Problems At Homestead Elem.

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Crossville, TN

#1 May 29, 2010
Just wondering if any parents on here have had any problems with staff or anything at Homestead Elem. I have children there and had numerous problems and cant get anything done. My children have been verbally abused and harassed.Hoping there is other parents out there I can get advice from.
Long Ago

Crossville, TN

#2 May 29, 2010
I think if you personally went to Mrs. Perry, you're problems would be taken care of, without a second thought. She is a wonderful principal, that truely seems to concern herself with any problems that the students have....
hahaha

Waterloo, Canada

#3 May 29, 2010
sounds like mrs. perry wrote that reply!!!
pan cake lady

Crossville, TN

#4 May 30, 2010
I would advise you to go to Ms. Patsy the school councelor. SHe is a wonderful lady and will do alot more to help you than anyone there.
What a joke

Crossville, TN

#5 May 30, 2010
Ms. Perry is a JOKE!!!!!! Her first year as principal, she was EXTREMELY mean to my 1st grade child for calling her Ms. Brown. He didn't know she had changed her name. I was there and heard her say what she did to him. She could have simply corrected him. It isn't his problem she has an issue with her old name.
Concerned Parent

Oakdale, TN

#6 May 30, 2010
I have dealt with the school board and Ms. Perry both have also had words with DR. Daniels. I love homestead but these women are cruel to some of the students. A gym teacher called my disabled child LAZY!! Nothing was done. When I asked what consequences that coach would have have I was told that was none of my concern. My children are not angels by all means. But if I treated my kids the way some of the people at homestead treat them I would have been in jail and had my kids taken away. So why is it okay for schools to treat your children that way. Mrs. Patsy helped as much as she could but she can only do so much. No one even clapped when Ms. Perry got an award at 8th grade graduation everyone just started leaving. Something is wrong most of the students cant stand her and from what I understand there's a lot of teachers and other staff that don't care to much for her. I'm normally quite but when it comes to my children I will not allow anyone to abuse them in any way and right now my hands feel tied. I was told to file a formal complaint, when I asked who to turn it into I was told Ms. Perry. So what good is it for me to turn a complaint to the person I'm complaining about.
pan cake lady

Crossville, TN

#7 May 30, 2010
Go to the school board. Got to the Superindentedent (sp) of schools and if that still doesn't help call the news people ( out of crossville) and report what she is doing. Keep being a thorn in the side of these people UNTIL they do something about it. Man I had no idea no one clapped at her award and they even started leaving. I mean good lordy that alone should have said alot to her about how the parents feel...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#8 May 30, 2010
Ive had only 1 issue there and I did go straight to Mrs. perry and she stopped everything and fixed the problem right then. Less than 24 hours it was resolved!
Long Ago wrote:
I think if you personally went to Mrs. Perry, you're problems would be taken care of, without a second thought. She is a wonderful principal, that truely seems to concern herself with any problems that the students have....
i know

United States

#9 May 30, 2010
i had Mrs. Perry (Brown) as a teaches at south school and she has always been a B***H and never really wanted to help with anything
MANDY

Gilmer, TX

#10 May 31, 2010
I had numerous problems throughout the school year with the principal, the assistant principal, 1st grade teachers and bus drivers...and O PLEASE with going to the school board. I had the superintendent as a principal when I was in school myself and I can tell you there's not a snowball's chance in hell that anything is going to get done with this mess in power...if I have the same problems next year... I am going to the paper and most likely to the television stations...and not only that...I have 3 friends that have either taken their children out of Homestead to home school or to different school districts... its horrible here....
Long Ago

Crossville, TN

#11 May 31, 2010
No...the reply wasn't written from Mrs.Perry.....way to read into my message....lol

If you look up the problems that some parents have with North, Martin, or even Stone on here..you'd find the same complaints...if there is such a problem, either go to the school board...OR Homeschool them....DO SOMETHING about your problems, or don't complain........
Long Ago

Crossville, TN

#12 May 31, 2010
ebayfreak wrote:
Ive had only 1 issue there and I did go straight to Mrs. perry and she stopped everything and fixed the problem right then. Less than 24 hours it was resolved!
<quoted text>
Ya...I know....he he.....
Have a good cook-out?
dwight

Crossville, TN

#13 May 31, 2010
i have 2 nephews and a cousin that go to homestead and they haven't had problems yet but will what your saying in mind for the future
HES Mom

Crossville, TN

#14 Jun 1, 2010
I also suggest to speak with Ms. Patsy. I had an issue with my oldest daughter and Ms. Patsy went above and beyond to help resolve it. She even did a follow up with me a few months after just to make sure everything was ok. Ms. Perry tends to have a little too much going on, and often does not listen to the concerns of the parents as she should. I would not bash the entire school because of her, but I would still go to Ms. Patsy instead. Man, sure do miss it when Mr. Winningham was the principal!!!! Much better back then!
Noticed

Charlotte, TN

#15 Jun 2, 2010
Ms Perry is VanWinkle's lap dog. Has anyone noticed the lack of male principals in this county? There is one and I believe that is Mr. Threet at South. I'm not sure how Ms Perry deals with her students but after seeing first hand how she deals with faulty and staff she gets no respect from me.
Bulldog

Crossville, TN

#16 Jun 3, 2010
Noticed wrote:
Ms Perry is VanWinkle's lap dog. Has anyone noticed the lack of male principals in this county? There is one and I believe that is Mr. Threet at South. I'm not sure how Ms Perry deals with her students but after seeing first hand how she deals with faulty and staff she gets no respect from me.
I'm sure she gets plenty more respect from thousands of other people in the county...yours don't mean jack......you obviously have had a problem with her, personally, in the past, and are still holding a grudge...do you even have children that go to Homestead, or are you just trying to find something to bitch about?
Yep

Maryville, TN

#17 Jun 3, 2010
My child did go to Homestead. So since you have no idea what your talking about maybe you should try to STFU. And if you think anyone respects her maybe you should ask around. Esp. outside the school where people are not afraid of her and will tell you honestly how they feel.

And as far as my opinion not meaning jack, looks tome like there are others just on here that share my views... so thanks and have a wonderful day!
Bulldog

Crossville, TN

#18 Jun 3, 2010
HA HA....You're funny...your children DON'T go there....wonder why? Did they have a problem, or did YOU?

Obviously you weren't taught enough about RESPECT...look it up someday....you might learn a thing or two...The ones who complain the most, usually are the ones who have a problem with authority, or atleast WOMEN in authority, and are too full of themselves to speak to the people in which they actually have the problem WITH....
Yep

Maryville, TN

#19 Jun 3, 2010
Lets see there is thing called going to High School after 8th grade. Thats as far as they will let you go at Homestead so thus he had to go to High School. I'm sure you understand how that works.

My son was an athlete and an honor student and was never in Ms Perrys office. But since I was able to volunteer at the school I was very fortunate to see how she treated others.
Bulldog

Crossville, TN

#20 Jun 3, 2010
You come up with that excuse all on your own?

WOW....now there's someone who knew how to get to HIGH SCHOOL!!! Whoo-who!!! Give a gold star to YOU!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan that works at the bakery 4 min Miami 4
Blonde 38 min Crossville 9
STUDY: Crossville is the most MISERABLE place i... 3 hr deport the Democr... 62
Women who are like sloppy mayonnaise jars 3 hr Wondering 12
Amanda Muckethaler 6 hr Howuplifting 7
Someone took a dump in one of the dressing room... 7 hr Bp 20
Nick Logan Rector 7 hr BLIND2THEWORLD 2

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance