2011 Fair/Fair Pageants

Posted in the Crossville Forum

Just Askin

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2011
I was wondering if anyone knew when the fair was this year. Wanted to put my daughter in the pretty baby contest, maybe. Is it going to be at the Stone Memorial High School again? Who's great idea was that anyway? The fair pageants.....aren't at the fair...but at a school 5 miles away.....on a fair night??? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Would like to know when it is though, and how they will need to dress, and how much the entry fee is. If anyone knows, please pass the info along. And if anyone cares, the FAIR pageants, should be held AT THE FAIR! Or don't call them the Fairest of the Fair, call them "Fairest of the Place Which is Not the Fair Because Some Genius Had the Great Idea to Have it Elsewhere". Just Sayin'
Well

Crossville, TN

#2 Jul 29, 2011
the pageant is the 27th and depending what age your child is will depend on the time and entry fee is $15..also one reason it is at the school is because of the HEAT..babies bont always do well as it is in the dresses and in the heat makes it worse..it is alot better at the school! and its called Fair pageant cause the FAIR sponseres it
justsayin

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2011
I agree about the pageant not being at the fairgrounds, but my daughter has been doing them since they were at the fairgrounds and I agree its more confortable for everyone. Not sure of the entry fee this year but I know it also costs to get in now. I think it was $3 a person last year. Also prepare for pageant pictures you don't have to do them but they offer them and the pictures turn out amazing, but they're very expensive. Last year I bought all my pictures and paid over $200. You can pick and choose though but when you see them its very hard to not get all of them. As far as winning its just hard to say we have won and lost idk some kids that win look like they just rolled out of bed others not so much. Its not a high glitz pageant its natural so keep that in mind. Other then that just good luck and have fun :)
jasmin

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2011
I am beautiful and i know it.
##$justsayin i am gunna win and your daughter gunns loose####
mary

Crossville, TN

#5 Aug 11, 2011
Just Askin wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew when the fair was this year. Wanted to put my daughter in the pretty baby contest, maybe. Is it going to be at the Stone Memorial High School again? Who's great idea was that anyway? The fair pageants.....aren't at the fair...but at a school 5 miles away.....on a fair night??? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Would like to know when it is though, and how they will need to dress, and how much the entry fee is. If anyone knows, please pass the info along. And if anyone cares, the FAIR pageants, should be held AT THE FAIR! Or don't call them the Fairest of the Fair, call them "Fairest of the Place Which is Not the Fair Because Some Genius Had the Great Idea to Have it Elsewhere". Just Sayin'
i have to tell u i have endured the pageants outside until my makeup melted off, i think it is the greatest idea ever to have inside in ac....now thats genius
candicane

Crossville, TN

#6 Aug 12, 2011
good luck with that, i hear the only way a kid wins, if there parents are related to someobody, who is somebody in this town. such a bunch of crap. look at all the past winners, this will prove a point.
Just Askin wrote:
candle

Crossville, TN

#7 Aug 16, 2011
don't agree
parent

Nashville, TN

#8 Aug 16, 2011
not true about having to be related to someone to win!!! I dont know anybody in this town and my son won when he was a baby...and by the way it was so hot the babies where all miserable...great idea movin it inside with the a/c:)
Just wonering

Crossville, TN

#9 Aug 17, 2011
My daughters are 9 and 6 and was wondering if they have some kind of theme they are suppose to dress up too. I know last year there was some kind of cowgirl theme for some age groop and other themes for some of the other ones. I need to know if they wear pageant wear or something else??? We showed up last year wearing pageant wear and she was suppose to be in cowgirl attire... Please let me know asap..thanks..Oh and what time it starts???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
company 56 min pjm 1
Do you want a race war? 1 hr The real Dr Aryan 3
WTF is going on St. Louis? 1 hr The real Dr Aryan 4
James Carter Lonely 2 hr purplerainebow 6
Which internet and tv provider is best? 3 hr purplerainebow 2
cynthia ellington newby 5 hr Fran 2
black Friday slaves for sale 7 hr The REAL Doctor H... 7
Why racism is dead 7 hr The REAL Doctor H... 78
Crossville Dating
Find my Match