Since: Aug 10

Cookeville, TN

#21 Aug 31, 2010
I work there. It just sucks I don't get nearly as much sex as you people accuse me of =(. It makes it sounds like instead of a warehouse, CoLinx is just a big orgy room. If that was true I would go to work every day with a smile on my face, but alas no sexy parties for me.
whatever

Crossville, TN

#22 Aug 31, 2010
what a joke wrote:
That place is a joke. If you aren't doing a manager, then you're out. That fat chick in hiring is the worst, trailer trash ho that has no business in the position she's in. Wait, maybe she does, she certainly "blew" her way to the top. Don't get comfortable if you are hired on, they will find a way to get rid of you within a week before you are "vested" in the company therefor not having to pay you the matching 401K that you have put in.
This is such rubbish... First off, There is not a 'fat chick' in the HR dept at colinx. Are you referring to someone at atwork possibly? And secondly, it is quite possible to not only retain your job, but also move your way up the ladder by hard work and a a good attitude alone. I did it myself, and I most certainly didn't 'sleep' or 'blow' my way up. I started as a picker and had worked my way up to very nice paying office job within a couple years. Absolutely no butt kissing required. As for the 401K, it's much more cost effective to match a percentage than to continuously pay to hire and train new help. Usually when someone is fired from any job, not just Colinx, within the trial period is because the company is trying to weed out the low performers and trouble makers before they are vested. Common sense.

Jamestown, TN

#23 Aug 31, 2010
whatever
Star

Crossville, TN

#24 Sep 2, 2010
Do they only call in temps to pick? Or do they call in for other things like packing or rework? It looks like it is real easy to screw up picking vs. doing something else there.

Jamestown, TN

#25 Sep 3, 2010
Star, they do it all..
ToStar

Crossville, TN

#26 Sep 3, 2010
I hope this is not the same Star that is working at Ficosa now..
widdly

Crossville, TN

#27 Sep 4, 2010
death_wish_4_U wrote:
Star, they do it all..
I had heard they have several different departments. Some pick, some pack, some rework, etc. And that you pretty much stay in the department you got called in for. I figure you would have less of a chance making a mistake say reworking all day vs. picking.
Crossville

Oakdale, TN

#28 Sep 6, 2010
Amber ur so full of crap
Anonymous

Smartt, TN

#29 Sep 6, 2010
I worked there years ago and have an Uncle there that has been there since the doors opened. I loved it there. Only reason I left was to move out of town which was a big mistake.
excolinxworker

Cookeville, TN

#30 Sep 8, 2010
The packline is what you are thinking about. That is where they pack the product to ship. The packaging room is where all the rebox and relabel product goes. I will tell you from experience that the packaging room is only bad to work in due to the drama that the employees created. Like with any place you work, you have those who talk about their lives and then others end up bashing the person for one reason or another. The supervisor that is in charge of the packaging room did the only thing she could do to stop all the elementary behavior. She stopped the talking. I think it sucks, however, what is a supervisor to do? The gossip, fights, and arguments interrupted what really needed to be going on there (WORK). I find it sad that it got so bad, after I left Colinx, that employees of the packaging room lost conversation priveleges. With that being said, the employees really did do it to themselves. When I worked in the packaging room, it was not like that. I believe all the new people brought in made a difference in the outcome. I will say that I loved working at Colinx. I only quit because I moved away.
Windy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is bad about the pack room?
Is that where you put the bubbles in the crates?
Jip

Crossville, TN

#31 Sep 8, 2010
excolinxworker wrote:
The packline is what you are thinking about. That is where they pack the product to ship. The packaging room is where all the rebox and relabel product goes. I will tell you from experience that the packaging room is only bad to work in due to the drama that the employees created. Like with any place you work, you have those who talk about their lives and then others end up bashing the person for one reason or another. The supervisor that is in charge of the packaging room did the only thing she could do to stop all the elementary behavior. She stopped the talking. I think it sucks, however, what is a supervisor to do? The gossip, fights, and arguments interrupted what really needed to be going on there (WORK). I find it sad that it got so bad, after I left Colinx, that employees of the packaging room lost conversation priveleges. With that being said, the employees really did do it to themselves. When I worked in the packaging room, it was not like that. I believe all the new people brought in made a difference in the outcome. I will say that I loved working at Colinx. I only quit because I moved away. <quoted text>
Do you or any others know what temp agency is the best to use to get on Colinx? I think there are supposed to be a few different ones. I wouldn't want to be used as just a temp but a temp to hire. Though would be nice to get on off the street, but I say that is rare.

Jamestown, TN

#32 Sep 9, 2010
excolinxworker wrote:
The packline is what you are thinking about. That is where they pack the product to ship. The packaging room is where all the rebox and relabel product goes. I will tell you from experience that the packaging room is only bad to work in due to the drama that the employees created. Like with any place you work, you have those who talk about their lives and then others end up bashing the person for one reason or another. The supervisor that is in charge of the packaging room did the only thing she could do to stop all the elementary behavior. She stopped the talking. I think it sucks, however, what is a supervisor to do? The gossip, fights, and arguments interrupted what really needed to be going on there (WORK). I find it sad that it got so bad, after I left Colinx, that employees of the packaging room lost conversation priveleges. With that being said, the employees really did do it to themselves. When I worked in the packaging room, it was not like that. I believe all the new people brought in made a difference in the outcome. I will say that I loved working at Colinx. I only quit because I moved away. <quoted text>
Ahhh you must be talking about Molly. Yeah when she stands there with a stop watch lol. Your there to produce not talk
Ohh

Crossville, TN

#33 Sep 11, 2010
death_wish_4_U wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh you must be talking about Molly. Yeah when she stands there with a stop watch lol. Your there to produce not talk
Is the packaging room fast pace putting stuff in boxes and putting labels on? It doesn't sound too bad and doesn't sound like you could screw up like with picking.

Since: Sep 10

Crossville, TN

#34 Sep 11, 2010
I when I hear the word Colinx it makes me puke in my mouth a little. This nasty old perv works there with redish balding hair with a raspy voice and thick glasses what a creepy old bag. double eww
tn dude

United States

#35 Sep 11, 2010
Stop talking ? As long as u do the job they can't stop u from talking
biteit

Crossville, TN

#36 Sep 11, 2010
I had a supervisor(not colinx) one time that tried to stop one of the employees from singing, and the employee was working alone and doing her job. Just saying how some bosses let their jobs go to their head. No, the singing wasn't that bad. It was too noisy to hear her. The boss said she was talking to herself.
Grizz_Dipper

Crossville, TN

#37 Sep 30, 2010
death_wish_4_U wrote:
So Griz you still work there? How about a update?
Yeah I'm still there. I've been moved around a few times but I love it. I really enjoy my job. I honestly don't see what everyone has against the place. But oh well.

Jamestown, TN

#38 Sep 30, 2010
Thats good Grizz.. but do look out, lay off are looming. So make sure you are good at what you do.
jujubees

Crossville, TN

#39 Nov 11, 2010
i didnt like it cause all the boss had me do is sucking him off like 3 times a night ,just when i would get into a good pase he would say johnny come in the back and suck me off ,my name is not even johnny ,he either had my name wronge was talking to someone else , either way it went down

Jamestown, TN

#40 Nov 11, 2010
Thats Hawt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bra Burners are back! LOL 3 min Lol 6
Anti-religious bigots !!! 5 min Dark Angel 1
Patience girl from walmart 1 hr Secret admiror 3
uplands 1 hr Hateful much 3
Nosey 2 hr Yessss 4
Repeat child molesters 3 hr Hmm 11
No More Obama 1/20/17 !!! 3 hr Doctor House 48

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance