People who fake illnesses to get disa...

People who fake illnesses to get disability

Posted in the Crossville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Fed up

United States

#1 Jul 18, 2012
Seems to be so many faking an illness whether it be mental or physical to draw disability instead of working.
WOW

Crossville, TN

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Fed up wrote:
Seems to be so many faking an illness whether it be mental or physical to draw disability instead of working.
Here we go again. This kind of thread comes up at least once a month. What's wrong did you try to fake an illness and it didn't work? Now you are pissed off so you have to jump on topixs to vent your anger. I find it hard to believe that someone can fake an illness well enough to get a disibility check. They would have to go to scores of doctors and fool each and every one of them. All medical records are given to social security for a dtermination. The medical records are scrutinized by a panel of doctors before a determination is made. Even if you have a lawyer during the year long waiting period your medical records are scrutinized. Whatever judge makes the decision on your case also reads your records. Get your facts straight before you start a thread like this. Get over your hatered of people who are disabled and get a check. Most people drawing a check have worked their asses off most of their life and paid in to social security every pay check. They deserve the money they get on disability.
try this

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jul 18, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again. This kind of thread comes up at least once a month. What's wrong did you try to fake an illness and it didn't work? Now you are pissed off so you have to jump on topixs to vent your anger. I find it hard to believe that someone can fake an illness well enough to get a disibility check. They would have to go to scores of doctors and fool each and every one of them. All medical records are given to social security for a dtermination. The medical records are scrutinized by a panel of doctors before a determination is made. Even if you have a lawyer during the year long waiting period your medical records are scrutinized. Whatever judge makes the decision on your case also reads your records. Get your facts straight before you start a thread like this. Get over your hatered of people who are disabled and get a check. Most people drawing a check have worked their asses off most of their life and paid in to social security every pay check. They deserve the money they get on disability.
Where do you live? La La fairy Land where no one ever lies, cheats or steals?
WOW

Crossville, TN

#4 Jul 18, 2012
try this wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live? La La fairy Land where no one ever lies, cheats or steals?
No, I live in reality and you should try it sometime.
dbldown

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>No, I live in reality and you should try it sometime.
There is simply no way you are that naive...
People do it every stinking day. Think about it,they know once they get that check their working life is over. They're not working so its not a big deal to run from Dr to Dr. And they are usually doing it on the taxpayers dime so its not a financial issue.
There's no way you can be serious,I just don't beilieve that. What's your real agenda?
WOW

Crossville, TN

#6 Jul 18, 2012
dbldown wrote:
<quoted text>
There is simply no way you are that naive...
People do it every stinking day. Think about it,they know once they get that check their working life is over. They're not working so its not a big deal to run from Dr to Dr. And they are usually doing it on the taxpayers dime so its not a financial issue.
There's no way you can be serious,I just don't beilieve that. What's your real agenda?
There is no way you can be that naive to actually think that many doctors could be fooled. I will give you a bone that a few may fake and pass through. I have no agenda, do you? I simply know how it works. I know how much time is involved and what the process is. I have seen people apply on there own and be turned down 3 and 4 times. Always the same letter from the group of doctors who reviewed the medical records. It isn't just 1 doctor it is a panel of doctors who review the records. Even if they have a lawyer it is the same process. Not everyone is running from doctor to doctor on the taxpayers dime either. You have no idea what people go through who become disabled. Their are people who have worked their whole damn life and can not work anymore because something that wasn't even there fault happened to them. Maybe it was an accident that left them crippled or paralyzed. They go through agony and pain as well as depression. Many would give anything to work again but they can't and they damn sure don't need an [email protected] like you telling them how worthless they are. I hope some day it happens to you and you get to see just what it is like to suffer and loose every damn thing you worked for waiting your day in front of the SS judge. Just to get the money you worked all your damn life to pay in to the government hoping you will never need. No I am not a damn bit naive but you are. I am sick of [email protected] like you and the OP putting people on SS down.
dbldown

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>There is no way you can be that naive to actually think that many doctors could be fooled. I will give you a bone that a few may fake and pass through. I have no agenda, do you? I simply know how it works. I know how much time is involved and what the process is. I have seen people apply on there own and be turned down 3 and 4 times. Always the same letter from the group of doctors who reviewed the medical records. It isn't just 1 doctor it is a panel of doctors who review the records. Even if they have a lawyer it is the same process. Not everyone is running from doctor to doctor on the taxpayers dime either. You have no idea what people go through who become disabled. Their are people who have worked their whole damn life and can not work anymore because something that wasn't even there fault happened to them. Maybe it was an accident that left them crippled or paralyzed. They go through agony and pain as well as depression. Many would give anything to work again but they can't and they damn sure don't need an [email protected] like you telling them how worthless they are. I hope some day it happens to you and you get to see just what it is like to suffer and loose every damn thing you worked for waiting your day in front of the SS judge. Just to get the money you worked all your damn life to pay in to the government hoping you will never need. No I am not a damn bit naive but you are. I am sick of [email protected] like you and the OP putting people on SS down.
Actually you stupid b*tch I wasn't putting down anyone who ACTUALLY NEEDS SS. I have someone very close to me who has being trying for two years to get disability and can't because they don't go in and lie or find a doctor to pass them through. I know of at least 5 people who have faked injuries to get on disability,one since she's been 18 due to "anxiety". It takes one doctor of patients choice,and one state designated doctor to claim someones disabled to put things in a judges hands. And those that get the lawyer that is sucked in tight with the judge get it. Those that don't have the crooked lawyers don't get disability thanks to the low lifes who rip off the system. My friend has learned this the hard way. So don't put words in my mouth or try to claim I'm ignorant of the process.
lmaodumb

United States

#8 Jul 19, 2012
before you get a check it has to be proven . evidence from a doctor. more than one doctor actually. it took me over 15 years to get accepted for it for my spine
ron

Crossville, TN

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Thats why there are so many lazy men out there who wont work, dont get checks and live off other people. they have been found out, and their disability gets turned down. it dont matter how much they whine.
lmaodumb wrote:
before you get a check it has to be proven . evidence from a doctor. more than one doctor actually. it took me over 15 years to get accepted for it for my spine
WOW

Crossville, TN

#10 Jul 19, 2012
dbldown wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you stupid b*tch I wasn't putting down anyone who ACTUALLY NEEDS SS. I have someone very close to me who has being trying for two years to get disability and can't because they don't go in and lie or find a doctor to pass them through. I know of at least 5 people who have faked injuries to get on disability,one since she's been 18 due to "anxiety". It takes one doctor of patients choice,and one state designated doctor to claim someones disabled to put things in a judges hands. And those that get the lawyer that is sucked in tight with the judge get it. Those that don't have the crooked lawyers don't get disability thanks to the low lifes who rip off the system. My friend has learned this the hard way. So don't put words in my mouth or try to claim I'm ignorant of the process.
Yes, you were putting people down you stupid sorry ass SOB ignorant [email protected] Aaaaah their is the problem. Your "friend" is a faker who can't get disability and it pisses you off or is it just you can't get it and saying it is a friend. It takes more than one doctor you idiot and a panel of doctors review it. I know how it works so keep spewing shit from your mouth and choke on it you ignorant ass wipe.
dbldown

United States

#11 Jul 20, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you were putting people down you stupid sorry ass SOB ignorant [email protected] Aaaaah their is the problem. Your "friend" is a faker who can't get disability and it pisses you off or is it just you can't get it and saying it is a friend. It takes more than one doctor you idiot and a panel of doctors review it. I know how it works so keep spewing shit from your mouth and choke on it you ignorant ass wipe.
He's not faking a [email protected] thing. He was born with a disability and fought it all his life bc he didn't want to take disability. There has been many times I've had to help him in his house because he could barely walk after an 8 hour shift and he pushed through that sh!t for years. But,now the disability has him down so bad he can't work,he can't stand for very long or sit for very long without being in terrible pain. He takes pain meds sparingly for fear of getting addicted. You can run your mouth about me all you want but you need to keep it f'ing shut about him. He's experienced more pain than most will ever have a clue about. The states reasoning for not giving him disability is because he's had it since he was born and worked then he should still be able to. Bullshit!
You look at the topic of this thread is people who FAKE illness for disability. That's what I've been talking about the entire time. Not those who need it. You jumped to the conclusion that I'm against anyone getting it apparently. People fake it and get it and judges get suspicious of anyone who applies and I despise those people. They put people like my friend in a shitty situation because theyre to damn lazy to work.
I apologize for attacking you directly but you are wrong about needing a panel of doctors. He went to court with one personal doctor and one state appointed doctor declaring him disabled,even the state doctor who testified after reviewing the other two doctors findings said he couldn't work. He was still denied by the judge on the basis that he's worked in the past but not once have they asked him to appear before an entire panel of doctors. I know because I have been there every step of the way because he's lost everything he worked for so I've personally taken him to his appointments and court dates. And as i said I know of at least five people that have gotten it by lying to the right doctor and hiring the right lawyer. And know of plenty others that are [email protected] suspicious.
Fascinated

Crossville, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2012
If Terminal Ignorance was a disease, this County would have 90% on disability.
WOW

Crossville, TN

#13 Jul 20, 2012
OK your friend may truly need to get disability and if he has been turned down then I am very sorry for him. I do hope that he will be able to get it. Look I also have known people like your friend,exactly like him. People who have woroked their whole lives dealing with a disability. People who have worked all their lives and through no fault of their own such as a car accident that someone else caused (who was careless or was under the influence)can no longer work because they are now disabled because of that accident. Their whole life has been changed forever in a second. They face unbearable pain and struggle for the rest of their lives. They file for disability and get turned down again and again until they literally loose everything they worked for their whole lives. They feel absolutely useless because they can no longer work. I to have helped them,with daily chores,cooking for them so I knew they at least got a decent meal or something to eat that day. A ride to the doctor because not even a family member would take them,moral support because they are depressed not just from the fact that they know they will never have the same life again but from the never ending pain. It is heart breaking to watch and know their is very little that I can really do to help them. All I am saying to you is that if someone is applying for a complete and total disability(mental and pyhsical) than it takes more than one or two doctors to be in agreement. If it is just a partial disability being applied for(like perhaps physical with no mental aspect involved) then maybe one or two doctors in agreement will get you through. I did not say that the person applying has to pysically appear before a whole panel of doctors. What I said, is that when you apply your medical records during the process is reviewed by a panel of doctors that SS hires to review your records and make a determination as to whether enough evidence exist that you are disabled and qualify under their guide lines for disability. I know this is true because I have read the turn down letter that says exactly this more times than I can count. If your friend has been turned down then I know he has the same letter. Please look at it before you get mad and cuss me and I apolgize for cussing you. It seemed like you were making fun of or putting people down for getting disability. If you were not, then my bad for thinking it. All I am saying is not everyone is a faker(as you know because of your friend) and they don't deserve to be put down and the process to get SS is not a simple one but long and complicated. They would much rather turn you down over and over (and will) then give it to you. Unfortunantly your friend will probably need to get a lawyer to recieve his disability that he deserves but they will have to back pay him. I know that is not right but unfortunantly how it works.
hmmmm

Crossville, TN

#14 Jul 20, 2012
what about the drunks who sit at home all day and do nothing but drink beer and get shit faced who get disbility because they are too drunk to get their lazy ass out to get a job??
awestruck

United States

#15 Jul 20, 2012
Fascinated wrote:
Oh great wise one,please I humbly beg of you to list all of our counties many problems and how to fix them. With you're wisdom perhaps we simple folk can rise up from our ignorance.

Please also tell us why in your brilliance you haven't already taken a position of authority among such simple folk and started a change for the better. After all it should be simple for a genius like you in a town where 90% of the population is terminally ignorant.
JOL

United States

#16 Jul 21, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
what about the drunks who sit at home all day and do nothing but drink beer and get shit faced who get disbility because they are too drunk to get their lazy ass out to get a job??
I'd rather pay them out of tax payor dollars to stay off the streets going to and from work vs. a DOPED up Judge conducting murder trials as was happening in Knoxville for several years. Where was the accountability on that? Even prosecutors overlooked the Judges behavior. Good-ole-boys do that for each other. Yet they'll prosecute a sick addict for Tenn Care fraud. Go figure!
WOW

Crossville, TN

#17 Jul 21, 2012
Fascinated wrote:
Which also includes you, as I see you are posting from crossville.
Fascinated

Crossville, TN

#18 Jul 21, 2012
awestruck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great wise one,please I humbly beg of you to list all of our counties many problems and how to fix them. With you're wisdom perhaps we simple folk can rise up from our ignorance.
Please also tell us why in your brilliance you haven't already taken a position of authority among such simple folk and started a change for the better. After all it should be simple for a genius like you in a town where 90% of the population is terminally ignorant.
I have, thank you.
dbldown

Decatur, GA

#19 Jul 21, 2012
Fascinated wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, thank you.
So,what's your name then? Which county leader or great educator are you? What fascinating contributions have you made to the county or humanity with your upper 10% intellect?

Oh and sorry but setting at a computer thinking your better than 90% of the population doesn't count.
Oh yeah

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jul 21, 2012
dbldown wrote:
<quoted text>
So,what's your name then? Which county leader or great educator are you? What fascinating contributions have you made to the county or humanity with your upper 10% intellect?
Oh and sorry but setting at a computer thinking your better than 90% of the population doesn't count.
*You're

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need info on Valerie blalock, and Scott berry, (May '13) 3 hr Misunderstood 4
Valerie Blalock & Bryan Scott Berry (May '13) 3 hr Misunderstood 4
Amanda Rader 3 hr Curious 6
Cindy Brown (Jan '13) 4 hr Willela 14
Homeless Drug Addicted Women 4 hr Willela 9
why do women hurt good guys? (Mar '13) 4 hr Moreteeththanyou 20
Thank you Doctor House! 5 hr Yeast Watch 4

Crossville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance