Trustee: Hecker pal refusing access t...

Trustee: Hecker pal refusing access to Crosslake homes

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Trustee: Hecker pal refusing access to Crosslake homes. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Days after making a deal on the contents of Denny Hecker's Medina house, the trustee handling Hecker's bankruptcy case is now having trouble getting the household furnishings and other items intended for auction from the former auto mogul's Crosslake mansion and two guest houses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dennys dad

Wyoming, MN

#37 Apr 26, 2010
My son has a smokin hot girl friend
Ex Employee

United States

#38 Apr 26, 2010
Legalese wrote:
Why is a public defender involved in a personal deal for Hecker to keep personal property???
Toder should focus on the the criminal charges not the BK.
We the taxpayer need PROTEST Toder's involvement in the BK.
All the employees Hecker did not pay.
Loss of insurance, and Hecker is driving around in a Escalade, Landrover's, Big F250 Truck Black.
This is absolute bull!! Citizens we must unite and stop this insanity.
The answer is rather obvious. You are assuming there is nothing up there at the CrossLake compound that will incriminate Hecker in his criminal case, but the fact that Toder is getting involved means that is a false addumption.
The only reason Hecker's criminal public defender could be getting involved with the CrossLake portion of the bankruptcy proceedings is that there is something up there that could incriminate Hecker in his criminal bankruptcy fraud case and Toder is trying to prevent that from happening.
However, it is Toder's job to defend Hecker in court on the crimes he has committed. It is not Toder's job to help prevent Hecker from getting caught. Toder obviously wants to make a name for himself on this case, but he should also take a long look at Skolnick (Hecker' last BK lawyer) and ask himself if he wants to become an accessory to federal fraud charges.
Saint Paul Girl

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Apr 27, 2010
Maybe George Wozniak wants to buy this after he sells his St. Paul mansion at 1590 Edgcumbe Road. It's listed for "sale" 3,500,000.
I enjoyed talking the on line tour. Somewhere in the 6 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and 5 car garage is my 1000.00. How is it that St. Thomas continues to have him on their Board?
Beds: 6
Baths: 3 Full/3 Three-Qtr/2 Half
Sq ft: 11,052 (approx)
MLS#: 3876974
Text ID: 46817
Exceptional St. Paul Landmark! Truly the most equisite finely crafted family compound in the Twin Cities area. Classic elegance with every modern convenience. Superbly renovated, incorporating the Lunde original design. Magnificent expansive grounds.
Tooner

Minneapolis, MN

#40 Apr 27, 2010
Totally absurd that his public defender is getting involved with the bankruptcy case. We are paying for it. How many of you have a compound vacation home?
jim

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#41 Apr 27, 2010
Saint Paul Girl wrote:
Maybe George Wozniak wants to buy this after he sells his St. Paul mansion at 1590 Edgcumbe Road. It's listed for "sale" 3,500,000.
I enjoyed talking the on line tour. Somewhere in the 6 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and 5 car garage is my 1000.00. How is it that St. Thomas continues to have him on their Board?
Beds: 6
Baths: 3 Full/3 Three-Qtr/2 Half
Sq ft: 11,052 (approx)
MLS#: 3876974
Text ID: 46817
Exceptional St. Paul Landmark! Truly the most equisite finely crafted family compound in the Twin Cities area. Classic elegance with every modern convenience. Superbly renovated, incorporating the Lunde original design. Magnificent expansive grounds.
Does that include a built in french fry fryer?
john doe

Maple Grove, MN

#42 Jun 18, 2010
what i think is messed up, if hes getting his stuff taking away? how can they refuse access to the crosslake home? shouldnt that be theft? they are knowingly not allowing someone to take their property
Justice

Grand Forks, ND

#43 Jun 19, 2010
john doe wrote:
what i think is messed up, if hes getting his stuff taking away? how can they refuse access to the crosslake home? shouldnt that be theft? they are knowingly not allowing someone to take their property
First of all, he owes the banks, employees, and customers a half billion dollars. It's not his property, it's theirs. He couldn't discharge his debts during bankruptcy because there was too much evidence that he committed bankruptcy fraud.

Secondly, when he was indicted for criminal charges that could put him away for the rest of his life, he had a choice: either sit in jail until the trial, or go on house arrest with a GPS anklet and nightly curfew until trial. Considering he's been spending money like it's water, he has a vacation home in Mexico, and is a fan of taking private flights in and out of the country, he was lucky to get that option. If he is allowed to wander the state at his own discretion, one day he might decide he wants to disappear.

Besides, it's not like he's roughin' it in that $1.8 million home of his and being confined to the twin cities. He's still living better than 99.9% of the population.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crosslake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the bear that drank orange pop (Jul '10) Jan '17 Dan 16
News Owner hears loud sudden noise before boat break... (Aug '16) Aug '16 dmpell 1
News Court suspends Vadnais Heights lawyer's license (Apr '10) Jun '16 Bar None 11
News August 5, 2015 - (Aug '15) Aug '15 rodney neslson 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News Woman dies trying to stop runaway truck (May '11) May '11 Common Sense 8
Huckleberry Finn or Daniel Boone Days in Crosslake (Apr '11) May '11 Tourist 2

Crosslake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crosslake Mortgages