Hecker seeks court's OK to leave Medina home for lake

Denny Hecker wants to go north, but not just for a vacation. Court papers filed Wednesday by the bankrupt auto mogul's attorney say Hecker can't stay at his Medina home and wants court permission to move to a cabin at his former estate in Crosslake, Minn. Full Story
Mr Silverwhere

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 May 19, 2010
Maybe the good people of Crosslake might ponder taking up a collection for a 1 b/r apartment in North Mpls
Gramps

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 20, 2010
Me thinks the best place for Hecker would be Oak Park Heights Correction Facility.
Dashing-D

Owatonna, MN

#5 May 20, 2010
He is going to need some new toys for the cabins. I hope he has a nice time on Crosslake while all you chumps work your suck jobs to pay his legal bills.
Big Mac

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 20, 2010
Does anyone in the Cross Lake area have a Bulldozer I can borrow for a day?
Denny will walk

Minnetonka, MN

#7 May 20, 2010
Denny Hecker will end up walking or spending maybe 6 months tops by the time this is all over. Remember you heard it here first. "Good people from Minnesota helping Denny" will be the next new phrase.
swschrad

Monroe, LA

#8 May 20, 2010
TCF is going to be taking Crosslake, too. How about Denny find a nice, safe shelter or a comfortable bridge?

or better yet, cop a plea, and get three and a cot, with medical attention included.
Future Ward of the State

Des Moines, IA

#15 May 20, 2010
The court will eventually be telling Hecker where he can live. I believe his future address will begin with a "Dennis Hecker, C/O XXX Prison"
swschrad

Monroe, LA

#17 May 20, 2010
Lars wrote:
So why is TCF going to let Denny stay at the Cross Lake property after they buy at the Sheriffs auction on Monday?
uh, they need a pool boy while they sell it? Our Hero used to wash cars, you know.
Red

Minneapolis, MN

#19 May 20, 2010
Him and his friends can stay away from my cabin. I'm so sick of paying his bills while he eats at Oceanaire and goes to the tanning booth. Broke huh?
Boopsie

United States

#21 May 20, 2010
First of all, how can the cabin be his? Wonder if the escrow on the property is current and if so who paid the taxes on the 15th? I think he has big $$$$ stashed up there and that is why he is so eager to "vacation". And if this is granted he should have to be under a 24 hour watch His Lawyer should be in contempt of court for even requesting this on our dime.
joe

Minneapolis, MN

#22 May 20, 2010
Where does this money keep coming from? and why is he so intent on going to the cabin? unless he "left something" there. Why is he so confident that he will be free long enough to live there?
I hope the trustee reads these comments and looks closer at the property, it's been posted many times before and he has been trying several times to get permission to get up there, because his doctor said it would be good for him? What a great doctor! maybe he can prescribe this to everyone.
Crosslake merchants

United States

#23 May 20, 2010
Come on up...Bring all your prepaid Visa gift cards. Called the market and they have lots of frozen chicken for ya.
The lake is down so take a swim for everyone and help us out. See ya soon.
Boat Parade

Crosslake, MN

#25 May 21, 2010
"Hecker also "seeks to spend quality time with his children in an environment free from continuous public scrutiny."

Sure, with hundreds of boats going by the compound every day to gawk at this failure. Please Judge, do not let Hecker move back here.
Justice

Grand Forks, ND

#26 May 21, 2010
swschrad wrote:
TCF is going to be taking Crosslake, too. How about Denny find a nice, safe shelter or a comfortable bridge?
or better yet, cop a plea, and get three and a cot, with medical attention included.
Yes and his argument that his Medina home will soon be gone is moot, because it isn't gone yet. Maybe once he loses it and he has 30 days to vacate, he can turn to the court and say he has nowhere else to go but at the current moment the argument has no weight. He likely just wants access to the Crosslake compound safe.

Or he's just having another one of his temper tantrums about StarTrib reporter CJ's recent column where she prints an email she received. Karen M "noticed a "pristine" luxury SUV "with fancy custom rims parked in the no-parking area next to the" Wayzata's Lunds. "I went in and got my coffee and found Denny Hecker there with his children getting coffee, cocoa and oatmeal. Can't cook breakfast at home? It must be nice to claim to have no money so you qualify for public defenders. That way you have plenty to spend at Caribou. The illegally parked [car] was his.""

Moral of the story: don't spend buttloads of money you claim you don't have if you don't want to be gawked at.
Bishop

Minneapolis, MN

#27 May 25, 2010
I have never met thes gentleman mr hecker butim told he helped several people with carers and piad the state and federal govermant allot in taxes over twenty plus years. as far as his cabin is it his fault the property is worth far less then what he paid? isnt that about the same for 90% of everone in america whom own homes, property and buisness?

everyone wants to pile on the local kid!? everyone wants to convict this poor fella before he has his day in court. does anyone car about all the good this man did for his state and country? why doesnt the press reconize the positive and focus on this. the man has children being harrased, family being harrased and friends. it all add's up to harrasment by the govt and courts.

my take on the whole mess, just an old man opinion. nobody is guilty until charged

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crosslake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Emily Meats Jones Taxidermy & Wild Game... (Mar '13) Dec 2 Still Waiting 6
the bear that drank orange pop (Jul '10) Nov '14 mike 8
Man Charged In Fatal Deer Stand Fight (Nov '10) Mar '14 Big Time 6
Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) May '12 Paul G Christensen 16
Woman dies trying to stop runaway truck (May '11) May '11 Common Sense 8
Huckleberry Finn or Daniel Boone Days in Crosslake (Apr '11) May '11 Tourist 2
Denny Hecker Coverage (Apr '11) Apr '11 Patricia Abbott 1
Crosslake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crosslake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crosslake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crosslake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]