Foods that people from Crossett remem...

Foods that people from Crossett remember so well !

Posted in the Crossett Forum

spork

United States

#1 Nov 7, 2009
Im sure everyone who has ever spent anytime in Crossett has tried a wonderful minitshop chilli dog! There is another that I remember and that is the pizza roll from the old Jr Food Mart on main street.
Nicole

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2009
My husband and I talk about those JR Food Mart pizza rolls ALL THE TIME!!! OMG...they were so good and we miss em'. As teenagers riding around town it was always a craving to stop and get a pizza roll. They were like only 1.19-1.50 a piece..cant remember exact price. But they were worth it for sure. Kinda funny cause we wondered if anyone else ever thought of those.
Latova

Cochran, GA

#3 Dec 15, 2009
I remember those pizza rolls wish I could find one of those ladies that used to make them so i could get the recipe to make them for my kids. They were the best thing going back then
Yummy

Eads, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2009
sweetttttt
katie

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Oh, the minit shop chili dogs!!!!!!!! Do they still make those in Crossett? They were sold at the shop close to the park. The memory of that chili still makes my mouth water! Someone should publish a cookbook with these recipes that we all love and remember. Anyone remember the herk-a-burger? Or the cherry limeade at the old, old, old tastee-freez?! Good times. sigh.
minnie

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2012
Sno-Cones from the stand Mrs. Cora has at the old drive-in. They are the best! Its still open and I look forward to them every year when the weather gets warm. The pizza rolls were fantastic! Miss those so much. And they still make the chili dogs at parkway minit shop. Delicious! I also love a good bacon cheeseburger from Andys. With that cheese sauce they have for the baked potatoes. Yummy!
David Dupree

Crossett, AR

#7 May 20, 2013
spork wrote:
Im sure everyone who has ever spent anytime in Crossett has tried a wonderful minitshop chilli dog! There is another that I remember and that is the pizza roll from the old Jr Food Mart on main street.
Yes, I remember Jr.Food Mart...now the "The Tobacco Store"me and my girlfriend at the time in 1990 use to go there on our lunch break.She's my wife now.Love the pizza rolls and" Jungle Juice" LOL
Citizen

Little Rock, AR

#8 May 18, 2015
Nicole wrote:
My husband and I talk about those JR Food Mart pizza rolls ALL THE TIME!!! OMG...they were so good and we miss em'. As teenagers riding around town it was always a craving to stop and get a pizza roll. They were like only 1.19-1.50 a piece..cant remember exact price. But they were worth it for sure. Kinda funny cause we wondered if anyone else ever thought of those.
Can you describe them? I can't remember having a pizza roll but it sounds like something my child would LOVE!

Little Rock, AR

#9 Jun 3, 2015
spork wrote:
I still miss Tiebel's wonderful food. Homemade pies and pudding, yum! But mainly the food was ALWAYS ALWAYS consistent. Wonderful chicken fried steak and homemade rolls - had friends who used to visit from L. Rock and they always wanted to go to Tiebel's and eat homemade rolls. Mr. Tiebel did it right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello Crossett! Jul 1 Me me 1
Looking for a family Jun 30 Guest 3
High school graduation Jun 26 Me again 2
Kathy Merideth? Jun 24 Statefarm1234 1
is the tarpit/tar spill still there? (Nov '11) Jun 17 No name 2
Destiny Brown (Jenkins) (Nov '14) Jun 17 Anonymous 4
thugs of ashley county Jun 16 Loveforgangsters 24
More from around the web

Crossett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE