Young Professionals at a Premium in R...

Young Professionals at a Premium in Rural Areas

There are 4 comments on the story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Young Professionals at a Premium in Rural Areas. In it, reports that:

With national unemployment at 8.3 percent and the statewide rate at 7.3 percent, it's easy to believe that there must be thousands of young professionals desperate for jobs all across the state.

Join the discussion below, or

Mountain View, AR

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Boo hoo. Many of these businesses got rid of their older, more expensive employees, years ago. They replaced them with less expensive younger workers. Surprise! The younger workers moved away to work their way up the financial ladder. Now these short sighted businesses wonder how they will fill these positions, and still pay such low wages. Whaaa. Screw them.

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#2 Oct 17, 2012
What businesses are you referring to?

Mountain View, AR

#3 Oct 19, 2012
I was referring to the news article above.

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#4 Oct 20, 2012
Young upwardly mobile professionals like accountants and financial analysts are not going to head to the rural countryside as a first priority. Pay scales are not competitive compared to larger urban areas. I am not sure I believe the banks and financial institutions of our rural areas deliberately sacked their veteran employees. That is something Wal-Mart is more guilty of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crossett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Railroad Track Hauntings?? (Jan '11) Jul '16 Someone 6
Ashely Hall (Mar '16) Jun '16 ShesABadMamaJama 3
Pie Restaurant (Feb '16) Feb '16 Press release 1
Foods that people from Crossett remember so well ! (Nov '09) Feb '16 a thought 14
News State Police reviewing shots fired at Crossett ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Marvin Scott 1
wanted fugitive (Nov '15) Nov '15 tomtom 1
taylor frisby (Nov '15) Nov '15 rooftop 1

Crossett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crossett Mortgages