Robinson family murders....i'm lookin...
A-K Royal Oak

Petoskey, MI

#2308 May 16, 2012
This June 25, 2012 will make the 44th Remembrance of the Robison family murders, an infamous day in Michigan history.

From July 22, 1968 through December 17, 1969 the Emmet County Sheriff's Office and the Michigan State police worked on every tip, lead, suggestion and suspect until they narrowed down the murderer to one person. An don that day, December 17, 1969 the two departments submitted their evidence asking for the arrest and charge of murder to that sole perpetrator of the crime.

But, other Emmet County, Michigan officials at that time, did not want to spend money on a case they knew began and ended in Oakland, County's small town of Lathrup Village and city of Birmingham.

June 25, 2012 will mark the almost 43 years that the truth was known--except to the general public!!!
gazmobean

AOL

#2309 May 26, 2012
Continued condolences to all the friends and famlies so affected by this tragedy . This has been a stepping point for me in that I have started reading again and have developed a renewed love for Michigans sunset coast .
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2310 May 28, 2012
gazmobean wrote:
Continued condolences to all the friends and famlies so affected by this tragedy . This has been a stepping point for me in that I have started reading again and have developed a renewed love for Michigans sunset coast .
We have the choice to either be victims right along side them, or to move into the light of forgiveness and healing.
We come full circle if we allow healing to take place within us. To accept that which we have no control over, moving forward the best way the heart knows how, is pivotal to healing; thus producing peace and freedom of the soul. A sometimes daunting task, coming slowly, step by step...but its value, immeasurable to the heart. That magical place will always hold a special place in my heart. For I choose to be blessed by its beauty and tranquility. I choose to embrace my past; however horrendeous; and accept graciously my healing, and make new and blessed memories in Good Hart. Thank you.
Bchcmbr

Petoskey, MI

#2311 May 30, 2012
Robison Family Member wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the choice to either be victims right along side them, or to move into the light of forgiveness and healing.
We come full circle if we allow healing to take place within us. To accept that which we have no control over, moving forward the best way the heart knows how, is pivotal to healing; thus producing peace and freedom of the soul. A sometimes daunting task, coming slowly, step by step...but its value, immeasurable to the heart. That magical place will always hold a special place in my heart. For I choose to be blessed by its beauty and tranquility. I choose to embrace my past; however horrendeous; and accept graciously my healing, and make new and blessed memories in Good Hart. Thank you.
Dear Robison Family Member,

Thank you for your enlightened and very moving comment.

Dear
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2312 May 31, 2012
Thank you, I appreciate that. Ive stiven for healing. Im not always successful, but in the past several years, I have been. And I beleive it comes directly from my family. It comes extremely slow, and with much heartache. Still what good will it do for me to live my life in turmoil? Im not saying that I do not fluctuate between overwhelming heartache, turmoil, and my longing for peace, or justice. But Ive learned to take my healing in whatever form the Universe and the Powers that be deem necessary for me. Im at peace with my journey. Even though I still, very often, revert, momentarily back to the horror, back to the breathless way it sucks the life from my lungs, back to the sweetness of their lives, back to the love and the sweetest of family. I will never be the same. My family will never be the same. We are forever changed. I must be at peace, whatever that means to me, and me, alone. Tragedy need not define thee, as much as it should be overcome...thus setting thee free indeed.
Bchcmbr

Petoskey, MI

#2313 Jun 1, 2012
Dear Robison family member,

You have written a powerful statement of faith and healing. It appeals to all who have suffered misfortune in life.

I do believe that the fact that this message forum has been active for over 6 years and contains over 2300 messages is testimony to the impact this senseless tragedy has had on so many non Robison family members.

It reaffirms my sense of the universal thread of compassion in humanity.

Certainly the Robison family needs to be aware of the intense and sincere empathy that your family's tragedy has engendered in those of us who have participated in this board.

You and your family need to know that Richard, Shirley, Richie, Gary, Randy and Susan will not be forgotten.
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2314 Jun 12, 2012
Bchcmbr wrote:
Dear Robison family member,
You have written a powerful statement of faith and healing. It appeals to all who have suffered misfortune in life.
I do believe that the fact that this message forum has been active for over 6 years and contains over 2300 messages is testimony to the impact this senseless tragedy has had on so many non Robison family members.
It reaffirms my sense of the universal thread of compassion in humanity.
Certainly the Robison family needs to be aware of the intense and sincere empathy that your family's tragedy has engendered in those of us who have participated in this board.
You and your family need to know that Richard, Shirley, Richie, Gary, Randy and Susan will not be forgotten.
Thank you for your kindness...thank you for remembering them, each one by precious name. It's June, and June is a hard month, July even harder. But we make peace with our past the best way we know how. For what sense can I make out of a such a senseless act? All I can do is remember and love them. The heart knows no boundaries of time, nor space. I believe they feel my love...for I certainly feel theirs. I hear them in the whispers of the wind...
marcy

Arvada, CO

#2315 Jun 17, 2012
Hmmmm.
cheyenne

Lincoln Park, MI

#2316 Jun 17, 2012
A-K Royal Oak wrote:
1. From July 22, 1968 through December 17, 1969 the Emmet County Sheriff's Office and the Michigan State police worked on every tip, lead, suggestion and suspect

2. until they narrowed down the murderer to one person.

3. But, other Emmet County, Michigan officials at that time, did not want to spend money on a case

4.June 25, 2012 will mark the almost 43 years that the truth was known--except to the general public!!!
1. NO THEY DIDN'T!! They completely ignored 5 eye witnesses, they never went after Roebert even though they had his name, address, and a composite sketch, they ignored the luggage tag and the St Christopher medal, etc., 2 inexperienced and uneducated cops were in over their heads assigned to a case they could no understand, the AR-7 was not even the murder weapon, the papers and files needed for this case are still not in the possession of the police.

2. Joe Scolaro did not do it

3. The Emmet county prosecutor and the State Attorney General got it right, and the Emmet County prosecutor and Frank Kelley were much more qualified, educated, and experienced........ than the opportunist politicians and and the flunkies who got it wrong.

4. 43 years later, it still eats away, because the murderer went free, he was never investigated.
A-K Royal Oak

Petoskey, MI

#2317 Jun 18, 2012
MONDAY JUNE 25, 2012 will mark the 44th year of the senseless and brutal murders of an innocent family whose only mistake was a father failing to see that his trust in an employee was very very misplaced.

This employee of 30 months at the RC Robison & Associates ad agency in Lathrup Village, Michigan (almost immediately after full time employment in January of 1966) began a convoluted system of embezzlement and sycophantic lies that fooled Dick Robison. It fooled Mr. Robison in believing he could trust this employee during the spring and summer of 1968 when he was engaged in setting up a revolutionary "On-Demand" computerized warehousing system that would utilize the skills of Detroit area computer wizard Thomas Irwin.

By 10: 33 am Tuesday morning June 25, 1968, the die was cast. Mr. Robison knew he had been taken ( in more than one way)and that he had a thief in his office--a thief that he gave an ultimatum to that morning in his last angry phone call to his Lathrup Village office.

Little did Mr. Robison know what he was dealing with that morning --a severely disordered individual who would stop at nothing to maintain his public image---and that image was about to be destroyed in the revelation of his lies and stealing.

He had already purchased the two weapons and some exotic ammunition--he disappeared for 12 hours that same day and --the burning desire to maintain his false public image was what drove him to commit this horrible crime.

It took 515 days to put all the pieces together--rule out all the false leads and strange quirks that every murder case possesses and on December 17, 1969 the CASE EVIDENCE BOOK (signed by Emmet County Sheriff Richard Zink) calling for the arrest of the trusted business employee of RC Robison & Associates was handed to Emmet County Prosecutor Donald Noggle.

The case was closed on March 8, 1973 when the perp took justice into his own hands rather than wait for newly elected Oakland County Prosecutor L. Brooks Patterson to finish the job that Emmet County officials (Board of Commissioners)had told Donald Noggle would not do.(It was a downstate matter and would cost Emmet County too much $$$$$$$$$$
Anon

Petoskey, MI

#2318 Jun 25, 2012
IN MEMORIAM 6-25-2012

RICHARD CARL ROBISON 11-30-1925---6-25-1968

SHIRLEY LORETTA ROBISON 9-03-1927---6-25-1968

RICHARD CRAIG ROBISON 12-10-1948---6-25-1968

GARY LEE ROBISON 12-15-1951---6-25-1968

RANDALL MARK ROBISON 9-30-1955---6-25-1968

SUSAN CLAIRE ROBISON 12-09-1960---6-25-1968
Rick

United States

#2319 Jun 25, 2012
Keeping a silent prayer in my heart today for a family I never knew, but who's passing touched me for whavever the reason. Praying that justice is done, if not in this world then in the next.
Richard-Petoskey

Petoskey, MI

#2320 Jun 25, 2012
June 25, 2012---44 Years today an exemplary Lathrup Village, Michigan vacationing family of six needlessly gave up their lives in order that an extremely mentally sick individual could continue to hide behind his mask of sanity.
The murders, and the subsequent crime coverup procedures of the individual hid the truth for many months. For some, it seems the truth, 44 years later, is still not able to be perceived.

But, those who really know the true facts of the case can rest knowing that the individual who committed this heinous crime finally took justice into his own hands-March 8, 1973.

Case Closed!
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2321 Jul 2, 2012
Whisper In The Wind...(partial)
I hear a whisper in the wind,
their voices hushed and sweet.
They roll along my memory,
safe haven in my heart.
They take me back to simpler times,
of innocence and peace,
where once I danced along the sand,
and dreamed my childhood dreams...
Is it any wonder,
any wonder at all,
that the deepest longings of the heart
might for a time,
be unresolved?
The inquiring heart, ever questioning,
to this very day,
whispers surely in the wind,
and continues to search the very center of the heart which longs for peace.
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2322 Jul 2, 2012
marcy wrote:
Hmmmm.
???
gazmobean

AOL

#2323 Jul 28, 2012
Thinking of the family this month . G-d bless !
Richard-Petoskey

Petoskey, MI

#2324 Jul 29, 2012
There was more than one family deeply affected by the selfish-mentally disturbed act of the Richard Robison business employee on Tuesday June 25, 1968.

Besides the senseless murder of an innocent family of southern Michigan vacationers in their northland cottage along Lake Michigan, the Bliss family of Blisswood Resort, the caretakers of the Robison property, have had to live with 40 + years of viscous gossip and "rural legend" about how the "caretaker did it!"

And, the sole perpetrator's family of Birmingham, Michigan, the wife and two sons, have had 40 + years of knowledge that it was their husband/father who, unknowing to them and most of his acquaintances, suffered from a severe personality disorder that was not even totally understood by psychiatrists and psychologists in 1968.

It has been a nightmare for all of them--a nightmare that could have been somewhat avoided if the 1970 "fathers of Emmet County, Michigan" had decided to bite the economic bullet and allow the murder arrest and trial of the sole perpetrator to take place in their legal jurisdiction. Those 12 men chose not to do so and instructed their one man office prosecutor to stonewall the Emmet County Sheriff's Office and the Michigan State Police.

Not until newly elected Oakland County Prosecutor L. Brooks Patterson began legal proceedings to move the jurisdiction of the murder case from Emmet County to Oakland County in February of 1973 did justice finally take place. Justice by the hand of the sole perpetrator and by the same type of weapon he used on the Robison family-- this he did on Thursday March 8, 1973. CASE CLOSED
buck

Houston, TX

#2325 Jul 31, 2012
I've read the posts listed here with interest. I have stayed very near the site of the murders and found myself wondering what kind of lunatic would murder a family like the Robison's - in such an idyllic setting as the shores of Lake Michigan.

The location itself is magnificent. The beauty of the surrounding area is Michigan at it's finest. While those of us who know about this crime are aware of the location, I wonder how many people who travel the 'tunnel of trees' would guess such a heinous act was committed there.

When I was there earlier this month, the sound of the water, birds, the occasional laughter of families enjoying the beach and wilderness, takes your mind away from what happened there 44 years ago. Time has a way of covering up what happened. The water levels are low, the vegetation and trees now cover whatever was left of the homesite. The only thing left is the natural beauty of the area.

I think that is fitting. While we may all be left to wonder about why this crime was committed and the family still mourns, I believe you can find solace in this place if you want to.

It has been more than interesting to read people's opinions and theories. Bottom line seems to be that one person had the motive to commit the crime (or have someone commit the crime). It's too bad that it wasn't properly resolved as Richard - Petoskey points out.

I'll continue to follow this thread periodically. And, upon my next visit, will keep the family in my thoughts.
Katrina

Central Lake, MI

#2326 Jul 31, 2012
Yes it has been solved but probably will never be officially closed. What a shame!! AMEN!!!
Robison Family Member

Warren, MI

#2327 Aug 1, 2012
buck wrote:
I've read the posts listed here with interest. I have stayed very near the site of the murders and found myself wondering what kind of lunatic would murder a family like the Robison's - in such an idyllic setting as the shores of Lake Michigan.
The location itself is magnificent. The beauty of the surrounding area is Michigan at it's finest. While those of us who know about this crime are aware of the location, I wonder how many people who travel the 'tunnel of trees' would guess such a heinous act was committed there.
When I was there earlier this month, the sound of the water, birds, the occasional laughter of families enjoying the beach and wilderness, takes your mind away from what happened there 44 years ago. Time has a way of covering up what happened. The water levels are low, the vegetation and trees now cover whatever was left of the homesite. The only thing left is the natural beauty of the area.
I think that is fitting. While we may all be left to wonder about why this crime was committed and the family still mourns, I believe you can find solace in this place if you want to.
It has been more than interesting to read people's opinions and theories. Bottom line seems to be that one person had the motive to commit the crime (or have someone commit the crime). It's too bad that it wasn't properly resolved as Richard - Petoskey points out.
I'll continue to follow this thread periodically. And, upon my next visit, will keep the family in my thoughts.
The beauty of Good Hart has never truly left my heart. It is simply yet profoundly a part of my soul. For many years it was unbearable to go there. I have returned to that magical place which stirs my soul. Choosing to make new memories there, remembering my family fondly and with love, instead of grief and sorrow, has brought me full circle. I am healing, and no other place on this sacred earth can do that for me like Good Hart! Thank you for your kind words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cross Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 year old found dead 26 years later Sep '17 Frosty 1
Hillman murders Sep '17 Test 2
Camping at Wycamp Lake (Mar '06) Aug '17 JoeT 8
Spay and neuter clinic Aug '17 Brandi 2
House Fire Jul '17 Noisy Neighbor 1
Hughes net sucks (Sep '16) Sep '16 Fed up 1
Hillman man caught (Jul '13) Aug '16 sadinAlpena 8

Cross Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance