Women Claim Child Sexual Abuse Against Church

A few former members of a church said they were sexually abused as children and the church did nothing to stop it. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 May 14, 2008
Steve Farmer is lying.
Faith In God

Roseville, CA

#2 May 14, 2008
These things happened years ago...they should be blaming their parents for not doing something about it,(if something happened to my kids, I would have taken it to the authorities ASAP), they didn't even tell anyone until years later, instead of waiting until the pastor,(C. Mears), passed away...
They are now trying to hold Steve Farmer responsible...he wasn't the pastor at the time, he is a good man of God!
These girls accussing the whole church, are wrong in doing so...They should be getting these men,(that are still living), that did these things to them put in prison! Not trying to destroy the church that is no longer under the "Mears'".
Cult-Concerned

Lutz, FL

#3 May 14, 2008
This church is just one of many from a cultish movement called "The Body".
To get a full history, google "Gospel Assembly Free".
It is mind boggling.
Cult-Concerned

Lutz, FL

#4 May 14, 2008
www.gospelassemblyfree.com -

Here is the actual address.
Whats wrong here

Smartt, TN

#5 May 14, 2008
Faith In God wrote:
These things happened years ago...they should be blaming their parents for not doing something about it,(if something happened to my kids, I would have taken it to the authorities ASAP), they didn't even tell anyone until years later, instead of waiting until the pastor,(C. Mears), passed away...
They are now trying to hold Steve Farmer responsible...he wasn't the pastor at the time, he is a good man of God!
These girls accussing the whole church, are wrong in doing so...They should be getting these men,(that are still living), that did these things to them put in prison! Not trying to destroy the church that is no longer under the "Mears'".
Steve Farmer is not a good man, he covers up child molestation and does not go to the authorities when there has been a complaint, do you know there have been molestations since he has been the pastor and he did nothing about it. Steve Farmer discredits the victims to people in his church , Wow Great man of GOD
kellie

Nashville, TN

#6 May 14, 2008
The abuse is still alive to this day, and Steve Farmer has been well informed. He continues to sweep the stories and feelings of each victim under the rug, just as has predecessor, so CGT continues to be a hot-bed for pedophilia. If Farmer was a real man of God he would sweep his massive ego under the carpet and show a sympathetic heart of flesh and blood to each victim and do what it takes to make each wrong right, instead of continuing to deny and illegitimatize each case and victim. Since He so obviously has a heart of stone and only cares about protecting his massive ego, it looks like the these ladies had no other choice but to use their voices to continue to protect children from harms way in that system. Thank you for being so brave!! I know it couldn't have been easy!
Why the church

Natchez, MS

#7 May 14, 2008
Shouldn't the parents take some responsability in this? Why should the church be held liable for something that two men did over 30 years ago? Should I go and sue Mapco for gas prices soring, should I sue Kroger for rising food prices? NO....should the church be sued for Paul Mears abusing Mrs. Morrell and Ms. Mears? For Carlos Cruz "molesting" Mrs. Beita? After all, all he did was touch her thigh. Her parents were there in the house as well as his parents. Jennifer, did you think to tell them at the time that Carlos just touched you inappropriately? I'm confussed, was this molestation? If so, than I know alot of young girls who should be suing young men for touching their thighs. I know for a fact that the parents of Mrs. Morrell and Ms. Mears are living in the same home as the accused molester Paul Mears. I also know that the two sistes visit the same house with Mrs. Morrell's children. I also know that Mrs. Beita lets her 7 year old daughter roam the streets alone and lets her play with CGT members children. I also know that Mrs. Beita allowed her children to attend the church witout her supervision with babysitters from the church. Mrs. Morrells children still have contact with CGT members and their children. Her and her husband have contact with CGT members. Lynettes mother was just at CGT not more than 2 months ago visiting...this just sounds like a cult doesn't it? This church has live stream online video of the services, open doors to all who want to visit or attend, open communication with all who visit online or in person. Does this really sound like Texas or the Catholic church? Where is our compound wall? Our guards? It saddens me that so many people want to condem a church for mans faults. Should the community or the church be held in account for what two men did? I sure wouldn't want to be held liable for all the wrong decisions these three women made in their lives. Who can I hold accountable for all my mistakes?? Just myself. Not my church nor my family certainly not my community. I have known these women for over 30 years and know that they are hurt. But girls, come on???? We can all point our fingers to the next person, but does that make them responsible for our wrongs? Paul Mears should be held accountable, Carlos Cruz...well...!!!!
I can say from first hand, that Bro. Steve is not a liar but a true man of God. Do you always make the right decisions for you life or your families lives? You see, for all of you who do not know..he is a man. A human like you and me. we can all look back at decisions we have made in our lives and think things could have been different. This pastor was not the pastor at the time of the church. Why should he pay? Paul Mears was in Phoenix, Az. not Chino, Ca. Bro. Steve is a kind and gentleman. A man who has been a prayer warrior, a leader, a teacher of the Bible a friend. He is a true man of God a pastor. What church doesn't have a pastor? How would you view your pastor? This man is just that..a man. But a man who honors God. Our church was not told to move here, we asked to be moved from the corrupt city that was decaying by the minute. We the people made the decision as a group of dedicated people to the Lord to live in a society that loved the Lord as much as we do and that was White House, Tn. We have had our children in your schools, homes and lives and not one of them showed signs of abuse. We are a great group of loving and caring people who are just trying to live by the choices we have made for ourselves in leading a Christian life. We have freedom of choice to worship, live, talk, dress and attend the church we want. I will pray for the four women that they would receive peace. Most of all an understanding of right and wrong. A community, a family and a church should not pay for the wrongs of two men. The church did not abuse you Mrs. Morrell, Ms. Mears and Mrs. Beita.Just remember that. I love my church and stand next to them 100%.
Shari

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 May 14, 2008
Our church was not told to move here, we asked to be moved from the corrupt city that was decaying by the minute. We the people made the decision as a group of dedicated people to the Lord to live in a society that loved the Lord as much as we do and that was White House, Tn."

This is a BLATANT lie. There were a few people in the church who were dying to get out of CA. But there was no vote. Nobody's opinion was asked. I never participated in ANY decision regarding this move. Give me a break. We were told that God wanted Bro. Mears to move and when someone had the courage to ask, "What if God doesn't tell us to go with you?" I heard Bro. Mears respond with this statement: "Then I would fear for your souls." If that is not TELLING a congregation to move, I don't know what is in your opinion. And, by the way, I happen to know that Carlos did not simply touch Jennifer's thigh. He penetrated her. Shame on you for you spreading these lies to protect your precioius church.
sickened

Antioch, TN

#9 May 14, 2008
to " for the church"

you are a prime example of how BRAIN WASHED you people are!!! If your trying to not look like a Cult I don't think I would post anymore if I were you!! Get your fact straight before you post lies like that. Steve farmer is a lier and covers up child abuse and sweeps it under the rug!!!! I know I dont have to convince anyone on here of that except the cult memebers who still attend. That just never going to happen
sickened

Antioch, TN

#10 May 14, 2008
Also the parents should take responsibility and they have, but at the time they were being BRAIN WASHED and told not to go to the authorities. I will not hold that against them
Jennifer Meier-Beita

Gallatin, TN

#11 May 14, 2008
You said, "We are a great group of loving and caring people who are just trying to live by the choices we have made for ourselves in leading a Christian life"

I think your statements above are proof that you are not a great group of loving people who are leading a Christian life.

I don't owe you one detail about what was done to me. I will say that I wish that was all he had done to me. There are other people in your Church right now who were also abused by Carlos. Maybe you should think about their pain since you clearly don't care about the pain of anyone who isn't a member of your Church. And the next time someone asks me why I am sueing CGT I will refer them to your post. You are the perfect person to be defending Steve Farmer. All I have to say is that you are the company that you keep. As for my daughter playing with a girl in my neighborhood that goes to CGT that is completely true. I live in a very small town and I have neighbors that are from CGT. The little girl my daughter plays with is a sweet little girl who has never done anyting wrong. Why would I have a problem with my daughter playing outside with all the neighborhood children? It is those same precious children that I want protected from CGT.

Since you are so certain that Steve is not lying and since you are so certain that what we have said about your Church isn't true then you should be glad that your Church will have a chance to defend themselves against these charges in a court of law. Because I personally can't wait!

You really are a perfect representative of CGT. I am sure you are making them all so proud! I do find it so funny that none of you supporters of CGT are willing to say who you are. Seems to me that you are not as proud to be a CGT member as I am proud not to be.
by stander

Antioch, TN

#12 May 14, 2008
I knew people in the church these folks came here to "take over". They pushed the pastor out, and just took over. I thought at the time it was strange. Jennifer, I do believe you, and you're right, you owe no explainations. I suggest you not respond on here to the folks who call themselves Christians but aren't worried about the allegations ! You'll just give them ammunition, and you don't want to ruin your case. Take the high road, they can't.
Jennifer Meier-Beita

Gallatin, TN

#13 May 14, 2008
You are right. I am not going to respond to these evil people like Why the Church. But not because I am afraid to hurt my case. The thing is that when you are telling the truth you never have to worry about them using your words against you.

I think these people are showing the world who they really are better than I ever could in any lawsuit.
Anon

Greenbrier, TN

#14 May 14, 2008
Funny how Jennifer and the others only bring this up when she is dead broke living in a house with no running hot water about to be evicted from a foreclosed house because she and her husband do not pay their bills and are desperatly need of money. They are not suing the men they are accusing because these men are as broke are she is but she will sue a large church with insuranse hoping for a settlement or payoff.
Greed is her motive!
sickened

Antioch, TN

#15 May 14, 2008
Thats a bunch of bull, I love how you sick people get on here and think that coming up with lies are going to show the public " how innocent you People are"
sickened

Antioch, TN

#16 May 14, 2008
I think they have been talking about this for the past 5 years, where have you been????
sickened

Antioch, TN

#17 May 14, 2008
GO back to your KOOL-Aide and stop re victimizing the victims
Ex Gospel Assembly

Johnson City, TN

#18 May 14, 2008
If Jennifer is broke I wouldn't doubt that she has used her money to hire a lawyer to get to the bottom of this junk. This stuff has been going on in this cult for years and it's time someone stepped up and brought a lawsuit. The leadership in GAC has been daring people for years to do this, not thinking anyone would ever be brave enough! Well, it's time for them to think again!
Free- White House Tenn

United States

#19 May 14, 2008
Anon wrote:
Funny how Jennifer and the others only bring this up when she is dead broke living in a house with no running hot water about to be evicted from a foreclosed house because she and her husband do not pay their bills and are desperatly need of money. They are not suing the men they are accusing because these men are as broke are she is but she will sue a large church with insuranse hoping for a settlement or payoff.
Greed is her motive!
Anon, please keep talking. You are such a perfect example of what that church's tactics are. Keep on, you are hillarious.A tiger can't hide his stripes too long.
Big fish in little rock

United States

#20 May 14, 2008
"Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cross Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Overstreet (Mar '11) Fri kenny overstreet 4
David Wiley Chief of Police Ridge Top, TN Oct 23 Jeff 2
new building? Oct 22 WH CP SF NOT SURE 6
Sharon Andrews Hoppes Oct 21 hoppes1992 2
Jail didn't help Oct 21 Carl 9
unipress Oct 21 Bodog 8
she's a good one Oct 21 Tahoe boy 1
Cross Plains Dating
Find my Match

Cross Plains Jobs