Descendent of Barrett Station's found...

Descendent of Barrett Station's founder restores ancestor's dream

There are 29 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Jun 17, 2006, titled Descendent of Barrett Station's founder restores ancestor's dream. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

Harrison Barrett may have been born a slave, but he thought like a master. When the Emancipation was proclaimed in Texas on June 19, 1865, his foresight and determination quickly made Barrett a landowner, a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BNB

Highlands, TX

#21 Feb 18, 2012
Ditto!!
Nehemiahs wall of Crosby

Crosby, TX

#22 Mar 23, 2012
Great word BNB Channelveiw. I totally agree. I have come to barrett station to offer spiritual deliverance for any man who desire freedom from drug addiction I see this community as a thriving one where people are standing in line to live here, however hos.4:6 say my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge as a preacher of the gospel my self I think we get lost on the elementry things of the gospel and have forgotten the parable of the talents in Mt.25 where Jesus talk about the people who was given money and later had to give account of how they handle finaces,Faith comes by hearing As the church we must teach our children the richness of the heritage here and instill in them the importants of perserving what our forefathers suffered for. Change is good but not at the expense of losing your land and heritage God forbid.
Concern

Houston, TX

#23 Mar 25, 2012
Even though I am not a decendent of Barrett, I do own property and true there are many many churches in this tiny little community why is it not possible to run the devil out of the place. Prayer does change things. There is a strong history behind the community and we need to bring that back
Nehemiahs wall of Crosby

Crosby, TX

#24 Mar 28, 2012
Concern wrote:
Even though I am not a decendent of Barrett, I do own property and true there are many many churches in this tiny little community why is it not possible to run the devil out of the place. Prayer does change things. There is a strong history behind the community and we need to bring that back
The devil knows his place with the body of christ I think it is we as belivers who lack the knowledge of our place with the devil, not just a strong history but a community, land,hertige that should be perserved and passed on to our childrens children The blacks of barrett station owe it to those founders of this town to continue to improve,build up on what they started by making barrett station the community those founders can look at from heaven and really be proud to say those are my prople. keep the land. Nehemiah's wall Director
bigred

United States

#25 Apr 4, 2012
I am also a decendant of Harrison Barrett
Barrett is a small peaceful town. Everyone knows each other. Yes there are issues with crime but that is an issue with any community. By the way Barrett station is known to have the most beautiful women in all of texas and the best cooks
Eat your heart out mcnair
1045Barretts

San Francisco, CA

#26 Apr 18, 2012
Havent been to the Barrett family Reunion since 1982 .Way to Long to be away from family & relative's me amd all my brothers & sister would love to come Back Vist..Only if we can get My father James curtis Barrett up and out of California,he needs to Reunited with his family also.he's the great grand son of Harrison Barrett!
Amber

Beaumont, TX

#27 Sep 30, 2013
qutira wrote:
he aint yo great grand father
Sounds like a hater...Are you going to the family reunions every summer??? if not shut up...
Disgusted

Monahans, TX

#28 Oct 8, 2013
Do they still sell BBQ at the funeral home? Can you still get a $20 rock at the car wash?
Bob

Baytown, TX

#29 Oct 22, 2013
Poor Barrett Station, its a shame the good, honest, hard working,educated people in Barrett have to suffer for being black. We all know that drugs and problems exist all over the world, but you can all ways get an agreement about anything negative just by throwing it off on Barrett. If the majority of the people think like this that means our political leaders probably feel the same way and that will completely eliminate any progress requiring the State GOV. for help. I am not guessing: black neighborhood are last when it comes to street and road improvements. We still have a long way to go, but attitudes may never change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
highlands woman (Jun '11) Apr '17 barb 3
News Houston rents still down, but the decline is sm... Mar '17 RentsPhartss 1
Talk about Highlands (Jan '12) Mar '17 red dawn 10
npoan - hoa (Jun '09) Feb '17 Looking for advice 12
Where's The Heavy Fed Stuff? (Aug '09) Jan '17 red dawn 4
Break-ins & Robbery in Highlands (Jul '12) Jan '17 red dawn 4
Highland Shores (Jan '15) Jan '17 red dawn 2

Crosby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance