Buckhorn Closed Down

Posted in the Croghan Forum

Gossip

Remsen, NY

#1 Feb 20, 2010
Owner shut 'er down & doesn't know if he'll sell, or turn it into a house. With snow-sledders @ this time of year- seems like he could've tuffed 'er out & just opened up during weekends, until the season's over to close. Or, hired some pretty bartenders & kept his nose out of the place & made some good cash.

Thoughts?
Gossip

Remsen, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2010
On a side note: I didn't realize whatever they were calling Charlies old Bluejay Retreat in Number 4 had burned down,'til I drove by today.

Jezus, domestic violence will prob, rise with all these "steam releasin' beer joints" closin down.
old timer

Tully, NY

#3 Feb 25, 2010
Well the state,county, towns closed all the roads and trail how are they expected to stay open. thank to bruce krug what so you expect
TOBAD

Syracuse, NY

#4 Mar 1, 2010
Hey old timer, you give that Krug guy an awful lot a credit. Every road per say is open in Croghan. So how is Krug to blame? Do you think it could just possibly be the poor state of the economy? Funny how all the eating establishments as a general rule that cater to the local's are doing well.
old timer

Port Gibson, NY

#5 Mar 2, 2010
TOBAD wrote:
Hey old timer, you give that Krug guy an awful lot a credit. Every road per say is open in Croghan. So how is Krug to blame? Do you think it could just possibly be the poor state of the economy? Funny how all the eating establishments as a general rule that cater to the local's are doing well.
Who's pay roll you on county, town???
apeman

Remsen, NY

#6 Mar 2, 2010
old timer sounds like a yeti.
big d

Gloversville, NY

#7 Mar 8, 2010
why dont you people just grow up and mind your own shit and leave people alone

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 10, 2010
keyboard tough guy!
old timer

Port Gibson, NY

#9 Mar 11, 2010
RollyJoger wrote:
keyboard tough guy!
You going to start lies on here like you did on the other room

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 11, 2010
I am not starting lies at all. I am voicing what I hear in the community...exactly what this website was intended for. You don't like me? I don't care. Personally I feel that you don't know anything and you're blowing smoke about the racetrack as well as the trail system. Go to a convenience store, buy a map, read the trail system. There are trails and roads open no matter how hard Krug does try to close them. And don't worry, I'm not on a government payroll.
old timer

Port Gibson, NY

#11 Mar 21, 2010
RollyJoger wrote:
I am not starting lies at all. I am voicing what I hear in the community...exactly what this website was intended for. You don't like me? I don't care. Personally I feel that you don't know anything and you're blowing smoke about the racetrack as well as the trail system. Go to a convenience store, buy a map, read the trail system. There are trails and roads open no matter how hard Krug does try to close them. And don't worry, I'm not on a government payroll.
there are trails and roads open but you can't get to them unless you trailer your wheeler. That map you talk about was no good when they made it and the knew it. as far a the speedway goes i was there yestrday and it still there seats and all As far as what you read I would say go see for your self. I have no reason to lie I just don"t like mean people who say bad thing just to get something going.
commonsense

Keeseville, NY

#12 Mar 21, 2010
so what's wrong with trailering your wheeler to a trail. if you own a boat you trailer it to the lake or river don't you? the problem is you really don't want trails.you want to ride where ever you want. sorry, but it doesn't work that way.
old timer

Port Gibson, NY

#13 Mar 22, 2010
commonsense wrote:
so what's wrong with trailering your wheeler to a trail. if you own a boat you trailer it to the lake or river don't you? the problem is you really don't want trails.you want to ride where ever you want. sorry, but it doesn't work that way.
Them why do i have the same reg. and ins as a motorcycle why shouldn't i be able to ride right from my home just like the snowmobiles do and they are alot more saftfer. let make sence about it. at lease I can steer my wheeler alot better.
too old timer

Harrisville, NY

#14 Mar 23, 2010
maybe you should try riding a motorcycle or snowsled before you bash them, i happen to own one of each and mine steer just dandy old timer, cmon get real
WTF

Henderson, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2010
Ill tell you what ithink of the trail system it sucks the reason you trailer a boat is becuse it needs to go to water. But you people in these towns realy piss me off do you guise know how much wheelers are and the insurance and the club memberships are be fore real. I'll tell you what I don't care if I'm in Croghan or Watson or the hill I'm going to ride where ever the he'll I want. I get tickets so you don't have to coment on that part and I tell the judge the same thing everytime see you soon I don't care I pay out the ass fore my toys so I'm riding them where ever I want. The only reason they don't whant wheelers out and about is becuse of horses. What a crock what do horses bring to this county nothing but shit. You know what's wrong whith these towns just to many redneck queers and inbread judges and cops and dec officers. Get a real job and leave the wheelers be they don't hurt anything at all if they do please tell me what they hurt anymore then sleds and motorcycles becuse I own all of them and none of them screw the roads and trails up as bad as horses but dont wory they will get me and my freinds fore riding we're we aren't suposed to ride again so somebudy has to support the county by paying all these fines might as well be us the he'll whith itbas long as I can ride were I want it's worth it
why

Gloversville, NY

#16 Apr 12, 2010
Im wondering why you dont have to register or insurance horses. And I dont mind taking my wheelers to the trails. If they leave trails open to go to.
WTF

Croghan, NY

#17 Apr 21, 2010
why wrote:
Im wondering why you dont have to register or insurance horses. And I dont mind taking my wheelers to the trails. If they leave trails open to go to.
. Right on
YES

Gloversville, NY

#18 May 5, 2010
TOBAD wrote:
I agree. Doesn't anyone think that maybe if Jim didn't have such a bad attitude he wouldn't have turned customers away?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Croghan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
music 1 hr Taylor Swift 3
Crime warner cable Rate Hikes 1 hr No Comments 3
Lowville man charged with second-degree assault 2 hr yeahok 2
get rid of the DA 6 hr WhoYouKnoWrite 1
Lewis County man charged with sexually abusing ... 6 hr spell bad 13
Copenhagen Village Resident 11 hr Levelheaded 5
Luke Racine 12 hr wtf 4
Croghan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web