Croghan Dam dismantling put on hold

Croghan Dam dismantling put on hold

There are 1 comment on the Your News Now story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Croghan Dam dismantling put on hold. In it, Your News Now reports that:

The mill no longer has hydro-power and business has been slow. But the Croghan Island Mill isn't closing its doors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Your News Now.

swamp dog in lousiana

Lafayette, LA

#1 Jun 29, 2011
i am a former resident of crogha,and have been keeping up with the dam and the mill.what i can,t understand is why was the dam allowed to detoriate so far before trying to save it,it needs alot of reppair to make safe.i noticed large chunks missing from sections that were solid 45 years ago,iknow this because i fished above and below the dam on both sides many times in my younger days, i wouldn,t venture immediatly below it judging by the vedios.i hope you folk can find a solution to your problem, in the near future. thank you a former resident rlm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Croghan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies outbreak? 9 hr Harry Bawls 6
unreported registered sex offender in lowville ny Thu Piggy 15
Donald Trump Wed Harry Bawls 26
News Three Lowville residents jailed for possessing ... Wed Bob 2
Snirt disaster (Apr '16) Feb 22 Beanbag 22
News Lewis County Humane Society seeking donations t... (Feb '16) Feb 20 Mark 6
Trackside Harrisville Feb 20 Curious 7

Croghan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance