Shame on You LACS
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
change

New York, NY

#21 Feb 1, 2013
thought things would change when McCalauff(however spelt!) got out of there !! guess not !!
Grow up

Pulaski, NY

#22 Feb 2, 2013
Psychic wrote:
<quoted text>I was hired by an individual to identify this person,and hang on Im getting a vibe........ and all I can tell you is that this person is a very close friend or relative of the above mentioned,cant quite zero in on a name yet,but maybe next time if I have more time.hopefully I was helpful to you,thanks and you know how you can reach me again.
Really??? Really???? good job Mrs Steckley, I trust your decisions! These whiners can whine all they want, but your just doing your job!! How many kids got hurt during this huge storm?? None, so whats the problem??? Did all you idiots remember we live in lewis county? if your so scared of a snow storm get the hell out of here!! LACS is a blue ribbon school for a reason, Because we have good leadership!! Nobodys perfect, but They are doing a great job with my kids and im proud to have them in this school!!
Grow up

Pulaski, NY

#23 Feb 2, 2013
Oh and by the way, no relation to anyone at the school!! Just a proud parent, thats all!!
Be Responsible

New York, NY

#24 Feb 2, 2013
Two things became apparent to me after reading all of the posts on here....

1). Superintendents don't always make the correct decision when it may be needed, school should have been dismissed earlier than it was on Thursday.

2). Parents don't always make the correct decision when it is needed.....if you thought the weather was too severe for your child to remain at school then you had every right to go and pick them up early or not send them to school at all. If you all are going to point a finger and blame someone, you had better also be pointing it at yourself and blaming yourself too. Have you all become so complacent that you believe the school is to take care of this too? Time to step up parents.
Dr Oz

Boonville, NY

#25 Feb 2, 2013
Why put all this sh-t on here. go to school meetings and air it out. Well I guess your shy and don`t want people to know who you are
okay

New York, NY

#26 Feb 2, 2013
If you have a problem, complain to the school itself. Go to the board meetings, do something instead of talk on Topix. The school could care less about what you have to say.. on Topix. Maybe if you go to them face to face, something will be done. Ever think of that? Wow.
Not so fast

Glenfield, NY

#27 Feb 2, 2013
Be Responsible wrote:
Two things became apparent to me after reading all of the posts on here....
1). Superintendents don't always make the correct decision when it may be needed, school should have been dismissed earlier than it was on Thursday.
2). Parents don't always make the correct decision when it is needed.....if you thought the weather was too severe for your child to remain at school then you had every right to go and pick them up early or not send them to school at all. If you all are going to point a finger and blame someone, you had better also be pointing it at yourself and blaming yourself too. Have you all become so complacent that you believe the school is to take care of this too? Time to step up parents.
FINALLY...A VOICE OF REASON! Could you please run for a Lewis County Legislator position?? And also a spot on the LACS school board??
Wise Old Owl

Glenfield, NY

#28 Feb 2, 2013
Hopefully there will be job openings soon!
Tom Fkn Hanno

Lowville, NY

#29 Feb 2, 2013
I wasnt pleased that they let school go past 12:30 that day. I pick my son up, but it was horrible out anyway even to drive to pick him up. LACS has always been this way, BRCS too. More worried about their state money for being open than for the safety of our children. Thats a crock of Sh#t in my eyes. I always figured the kids were more important than the money they get for staying open. I wish I lived in a different district so Gage could go to a school that actually cares about the students. Glenfield Elementary is like that. They gave a damn about the kids, and it showed in how they deal with them, and parents. LACS is the exact opposite.
Story Time

New York, NY

#31 Feb 3, 2013
Grow up wrote:
Oh and by the way, no relation to anyone at the school!! Just a proud parent, thats all!!
Its your STORY you tell it.
parent

Richland, NY

#32 Feb 3, 2013
First of all, it is not a desicion to close, delay, or early dimissal made by only one person and it is with consulting various agencys. As parents if you are that concerned you can keep you child home it is your right.
Don't bash the bus driver either...they are extremely skillful to be able to drive and take care of the safety of your kids daily.
wow

New York, NY

#33 Feb 3, 2013
parent wrote:
First of all, it is not a desicion to close, delay, or early dimissal made by only one person and it is with consulting various agencys. As parents if you are that concerned you can keep you child home it is your right.
Don't bash the bus driver either...they are extremely skillful to be able to drive and take care of the safety of your kids daily.
Not one single person on this thread has bashed a bus driver for your information. We all agree that without their skill and expertise, our kids would be at real risk. It is often a thankless job, but an extremely important one. THANK YOU AGAIN to all the LACS bus drivers. We applaud you. And also for your information, the superintendent does consult with several sources, BUT it is her final call whether or not to delay or close school. She made a mistake on Thursday and thank God there wasn't a tragedy. Let's hope that she learns from her mistakes in the future.
dream big

Northville, NY

#34 Feb 3, 2013
lets look at this from another point of view. How did the bus drivers feel about it all? How badly did it affect the bus drivers? Did it stress them out unduly? Many buses ..not just from LACS but from other schools too ..were very late getting kids home and dealing with angry and scared parents. The schools need to take that into consideration also. The drivers are good people and have a hard job. The schools shouldnt make it harder then it needs to be. If the bus goes off the road in bad weather who gets in trouble? The driver does. They are supposed to be expert drivers and it shouldnt happen. Why put the drivers and kids in that position needlessly.
Suzy

Indian Lake, NY

#35 Feb 6, 2013
An idea- is it possible to delay or close only certain bus runs. For example 2/6 many routes were fine, but I am sure the Tug Hill runs were not good. I am sure there is a law about Free and Appropriate education and how transportation needs to be provided for students. But can you get around it by offering transportation to the parents that want to send their kids in a horrible storm?
dream big

Northville, NY

#37 Feb 7, 2013
I remember when i was a kid in school " A Long Time AGO" there were two separate events that stood out.
The first being that the snow and winds were so bad on 177 they didnt send the buses there but everyone else did have school. The other event is a storm rolled in so fast while we were in school they didnt allow the buses to go. You ether had to stay in school for the night or your parents came and got you. I can see both sides of this debate. On one hand you have a school system thats trying to get the most it can for a school and still keep the kids safe. Sometimes its a nailbiting balancing act. sometimes storms come in harder and faster then predicted. Sometimes they dont come in anything like what is predicted. It can be a flip of the coin at times. Sometimes i can see the quest for gaining the school aide that it can kind of get in the way of better judgement. We are all human and make mistakes. I do believe though that bus drivers should be asked what they feel about conditions..if they feel safe about driving then fine. They do it everyday and know their limits better then everyone else.
where

New York, NY

#38 Feb 7, 2013
Suzy wrote:
An idea- is it possible to delay or close only certain bus runs. For example 2/6 many routes were fine, but I am sure the Tug Hill runs were not good. I am sure there is a law about Free and Appropriate education and how transportation needs to be provided for students. But can you get around it by offering transportation to the parents that want to send their kids in a horrible storm?
Suzy where you been girl? I havent seen you around lately,I will get a hold of you VIA Text Message!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Croghan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go fund me 50 min qjhe 3
Wage increase for up state ny 2 hr Hot chic 29
psychic (Jan '09) 2 hr Hot chic 43
Where's Waldo (County Public Employee Economic... 3 hr Hot chic 21
News Arbya s on Arsenal Street gets a major facelift 7 hr Hotter chic 7
Game Shop 7 hr just stop 7
problem (Sep '15) Mar '16 Dfe 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Croghan Mortgages