Since: Dec 09

New York, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Our citizens are losing confidence in all levels of government (local, state & federal)? There has been has been a growing and widespread scandals - including allegations of financial self-dealing & accepting gifts. This type of misconduct of our politicians and public employees must stop.

Does the lack of ethical behavior in all levels of government shock you? I suspect that the answer is "yes" and this is very troubling - since the citizens feel their government is completely above board and honest.

Our leaders (politicians) have taken an oath Ė
ďI do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.Ē

We expect our leaders to properly oversee the operations of governmental departments. They must not thumb their noses at dishonestly at any level. It is now and each day that these public servants must put the citizenís interests above any of their or employees self-interest.

One way to correct any type of misconduct of our politicians and public employees in the immediate future is that the citizens get involved. If we the citizens donít speak up we will self-destruct. Citizens must go to public meetings and voice their displeasure when they see unethical behavior.

Most politicians and public employees are completely honest, some are not. Citizens must be intolerant of unethical behavior of those that are not honest and self-serving. A long term solution is -REMEMBER WE CAN VOTE THE POLITICIANS OUT if they are not performing or supervising the public employees appropriately.
So spit it out

Johnstown, NY

#2 Jan 29, 2013
What's bothering you Ned? Come on! You should have used another name if you do not want to get to the point. Spit it out.
Speech Therapist

New York, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Yeah Neddie spit it out.
list25

Carthage, NY

#4 Jan 29, 2013
On youtube there is a page called list25 it has a list on goverment waste. Top 25 wastwes of money

New York, NY

#5 Jan 29, 2013
So spit it out wrote:
What's bothering you Ned? Come on! You should have used another name if you do not want to get to the point. Spit it out.
On the Federal level Iím speaking of earmarks and attaching items onto bill that have nothing to do with the original bill.

On both the Federal and State level Iím referring to demanding lobbyists are getting preferences and favors.

On the local level Iím concern about the situation of the suspended recreational trail coordinator. Judge Parker found him guilty of incompetence, according to the Watertown Daily Times. In that same times article he is being s charged with third-degree grand larceny, first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and official misconduct. The criminal case is pending.

These are only a few examples of Federal, State and County politicians that need to do what is right for the taxpayer.

Some of the policymakers need to examine their conscience. Frankly, we need politicians that will stand up and have the guts, heart, brains and the spine not afraid to do what's proper. The citizens need to stand up and demand politicians be ethical and moral to do what is appropriate. Fortunately we have many ethical and moral people serving us in government service.

Public trust of politicians needs to be restored that has been damaged by some.
list25

Carthage, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2013
So ain't I like studding monkey poo, and 20,000$ toilets.
Lester

New York, NY

#7 Jan 29, 2013
Crazy, crazy Ned. Poor guy has totally lost it. Go to bed Ned.
listen

Johnstown, NY

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Today is the day that the Lewis County RIGS give Diehl back his job. Gravel anyone?

New York, NY

#10 Feb 1, 2013
There is a Legislators meeting at 4:00 pm today, 2/1/2013.

New York, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2013
If you don't like Public Officials that just rubber stamp items, be sure to attend the County of Lewis Legislator's meeting today.
exnimo

Saint Augustine, FL

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Ned; You have to remember where you are posting. This audience would rather use vulgarity and ignore common sense than read anything meaningful!
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#13 Feb 2, 2013
exnimo wrote:
Ned; You have to remember where you are posting. This audience would rather use vulgarity and ignore common sense than read anything meaningful!
There's a fair number of people NOT in the group to which you refer that read TOPIX. If posters have a tough skin and can put up with the insults and ignore the degrading feedback, then two audiences can use the same media.

I am waiting to hear if anything became of the meeting on Friday. Did anyone go that can comment?

Or ... can anyone tell me where they post minutes of these meetings?? And, if they do post the minutes does anyone know if the published minutes are accurate or all inclusive?

New York, NY

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Tolerance is a virtue wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a fair number of people NOT in the group to which you refer that read TOPIX. If posters have a tough skin and can put up with the insults and ignore the degrading feedback, then two audiences can use the same media.
I am waiting to hear if anything became of the meeting on Friday. Did anyone go that can comment?
Or ... can anyone tell me where they post minutes of these meetings?? And, if they do post the minutes does anyone know if the published minutes are accurate or all inclusive?
I went the meeting. It was covered good in the Times and TV-7.
They post the minutes under "County of Lewis" You can placed this into your search engine. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks.
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Ned E Cole wrote:
<quoted text>
I went the meeting. It was covered good in the Times and TV-7.
They post the minutes under "County of Lewis" You can placed this into your search engine. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks.
Thanks, I'll look it up.

New York, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Tolerance is a virtue wrote:
<quoted text>
More specific :

County of Lewis Minutes - http://lewiscountyny.org/content/MinuteCatego...

Watertown Daily Times - http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20...

TV- 7 - http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Lewis-County...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Croghan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 15 hr Jimmy Rustle 676
Manure Trucks That Go Thru Lowville Sun The Dish 8
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sun truth 759
M S tattoos Sat Stupid girl 4
Lewis County woman charged with poisoning man's... Sat Disgusted_420 24
Trackside Sep 19 john 17
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 liberalP 6,443
•••
•••

Croghan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Croghan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Croghan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Croghan
•••