Minority students top spankings study

WASHINGTON Paddlings, swats, licks. A quarter of a million schoolchildren got them last year -- and blacks, American Indians and kids with disabilities got a disproportionate share of the punishment, according ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bdcrotty

Oggiono, Italy

#1 Aug 20, 2008
Once again statistics ignore the real cause of a problem. If minority children are being spanked more than whites, then the minority children are not being taught proper manners by their parents, which doesn't surprise me in the least.
pohaku

Provo, UT

#2 Aug 20, 2008
What the heck was a 3 year old doing in a school anyway. He should have been home with Mom.
ANONYMOUS

Kapaa, HI

#4 Aug 20, 2008
Yeah....touching remembrances of some 400 pound mammy slappin' ya upside your little bean head.
Bet that gets ya hot?
Who wrote the stupid article anyway.
ANONYMOUS

Kapaa, HI

#5 Aug 20, 2008
bdcrotty wrote:
Once again statistics ignore the real cause of a problem. If minority children are being spanked more than whites, then the minority children are not being taught proper manners by their parents, which doesn't surprise me in the least.
Tell me bdcrotty...what would surprise you?
Anything...say...on a racial level?

Let's start with.....

It was a hot sultry night on the plantation. The humidity simply plastered the tight ill-fitting cotton slacks against Buck's muscular pitch black skin. Earlier that afternoon he was caned by the overseer, torrid sweat rolling down his godlike physique as the woos slammed once more against his side in the unforgiving sun of the South.

(More later)

:)
ANONYMOUS

Kapaa, HI

#7 Aug 20, 2008
CHRIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother.
OK

LOL
Emac

Whittier, CA

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Kids arent being spanked enough today! Kids today are given too many rights...they dont have the fear of god when it comes to their parents. The thought of my mom beating my ass when I got home was always a good deterrent. SMACK EM'!!!

(I cant wait to see the responses from you bleeding hearts when you read this post)
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#9 Aug 20, 2008
I think that parents that don't spank have brats for kids
Leroy

Somis, CA

#10 Aug 20, 2008
Spankings? Minorities hit hardest? Get a life! Look around you, folksies, the vast majority of felony crimes and homicides are committed by minorities. That's why minorities are the majority in the prison system. Maybe if some of these kids get whacked from time to time for misbehaving in school, a few may get through life without killing or robbing anyone. Don't whine racism to me ...just check out the FBI's annual crime reports. For the weak minded, try Google - it's so easy even a Hawaiian can do it.
LEGAL immigrant

Pioneer, CA

#11 Aug 20, 2008
Emac wrote:
Kids arent being spanked enough today! Kids today are given too many rights...they dont have the fear of god when it comes to their parents. The thought of my mom beating my **** when I got home was always a good deterrent. SMACK EM'!!!
(I cant wait to see the responses from you bleeding hearts when you read this post)
Agree!!! Spare the rod, spoil the child. These bleeding heart liberals who make our laws have given children more rights than adults have and we wonder why this nation is in such a MESS!!!!!!!!!!
LEGAL immigrant

Pioneer, CA

#12 Aug 20, 2008
In the South, it would seem that a HUGE percent of the population IS other than white....... so if you have more non-white students, YEAH, they are going to be a majority of who gets spankings *rolling my eyes*.... numbers can be 'tweaked' to support whatever statistic these idiots are trying to 'prove'.....

What are we going to be told when Whites are acknowledged as being the MINORITY?
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#13 Aug 20, 2008
Yeah leroy...stay in california with your mexican brothers!
busta

Honolulu, HI

#14 Aug 20, 2008
If you don't teach your kdis how to act then they end up as ACLu lawyers and cry about everything.
LauLau

AOL

#15 Aug 20, 2008
OMG!!!!!!!!
DaleC

Sacramento, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2008
In most of Hawaii caucasion ("white") people ARE a minority. And haoles are often reviled and discriminated against. And as a member of this minoriy I have always found it refreshing. Helps to have a perspective...
thom1s

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Spare the rod, spoil the child.

The notion that children have RIGHTS is nauseating, a fiction pushed by Cry Baby Boomers who don't have the guts or integrity to take RESPONSIBILITY for raising children, so they want the COURTS to do it for them.

No wonder Cry Baby Boomers make such lousy parents.
Pualani

Honolulu, HI

#18 Aug 20, 2008
pohaku wrote:
What the heck was a 3 year old doing in a school anyway. He should have been home with Mom.
Oh Pohaku! You live in Hawaii where both parents have to work in order to survive. How could you say this even in sarcasm?
OhMiGawd

United States

#19 Aug 20, 2008
Shocking! A child got spanked in Texas! The state with the highest capitol punishment rate. Guess that miscreant 3 y/o is headed to the death penalty one day.
Chang

Honolulu, HI

#20 Aug 20, 2008
Kids now don't have the respect that they did before for their elders or those in charge. I blame the parents of those kids for acting up. Middle and High schoolers get into their heads that they have a ton of rights which include breaking the law and they are not held accountable because they are minors. If a kid acts up and is disrespectful they should be punished. I don't mean beat the kid, but a rap on the knuckles or something similar would be justified on repeat offenders. Or they could be subject to physical activity like pushups or something. Main point is that they need to understand that there are consequences for their actions.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#21 Aug 20, 2008
I am against corporal punishment for anyone but my impostors. As for the DOE, most of the teachers deserve a good beating for their lousy results and performance.
Emac

Whittier, CA

#22 Aug 20, 2008
alice wrote:
I am against corporal punishment for anyone but my impostors. As for the DOE, most of the teachers deserve a good beating for their lousy results and performance.
LOL...Alice...why you so angry all the time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 min Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Manny 535
Obama doing an exceptional good job 8 hr Trinity Republicans 1
Naked woman sitting in a tree (meth head) headl... 17 hr Bullfrog 3
Naked woman sitting in tree led to arrest of me... Oct 19 Justice 4
Jake walker attested Oct 19 Nasty 4
Deer Hunting (Oct '11) Oct 14 Pissant69 11
Crockett Dating
Find my Match

Crockett Jobs

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crockett News, Events & Info