why should i become an Marine?

Posted in the Crockett Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
acrazya

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2009
cansomeone tell me the benifits of becoming an marine? and why should i change my decision from goin to collage to become something else...then go into the marines...why?
Deer Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Because you are not smart enough to go into the U.S. Navy. And college is over rated, Really the U.S. Marines will stay with you forever, Pride and Honor are two fine reason, plus you won't become a Democrat, never.
Mephisto

Baird, TX

#3 Jul 6, 2009
Hope to see you in Khandahar area.

Look me up at Camp Leatherneck !

Semper Fi !!!!
another old hippy

Huntington, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Join the military with a college degree and become an officer. Rank really does have its privilege. Later you can decide whether to have a service-related career or work in the private sector. Being a Marine is like joining a special brotherhood - once a Marine - always a Marine. Like Agggies, they stick together. Always Faithful! Hoorah!
What Is A Low Keel

Doha, Qatar

#5 Jul 6, 2009
News flash: You can go to college AND become a Marine. Find out about Navy ROTC (NROTC) programs and scholarships. Not every college has an NROTC unit, though so you may have to go somewhere you may not have been considering before.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Deer Hunter wrote:
Because you are not smart enough to go into the U.S. Navy. And college is over rated, Really the U.S. Marines will stay with you forever, Pride and Honor are two fine reason, plus you won't become a Democrat, never.
Sorry to inform you DH but marines consist of all political parties, races, and religions.

I have a close relative that is in the marines, fighting in Afghanistan right now. He has told me of the bond he shares with other marines. He is very proud of serving in the marines and he is a democrat.

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Really,ya'll are talking about college and this fine young individual is saying "an marine" not "A Marine".I think this fella might be better off joining the Water Nazis,I mean the Coast Guard.
Mephisto

Baird, TX

#8 Jul 6, 2009
cozy and warm wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to inform you DH but marines consist of all political parties, races, and religions.
I have a close relative that is in the marines, fighting in Afghanistan right now. He has told me of the bond he shares with other marines. He is very proud of serving in the marines and he is a democrat.
Even as a Dem. it's "possible" that he might still be a nice person. As he matures his politics will also. Hopefully.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 6, 2009
Mephisto wrote:
<quoted text>
Even as a Dem. it's "possible" that he might still be a nice person. As he matures his politics will also. Hopefully.
Yeah, he is a nice person, great father.......I don't know if he will change political view, we have had many debates on the issue.

If he matures anymore he will have to retire. He is going on his 15th year as a marine.
Deer Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jul 6, 2009
cozy and warm wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to inform you DH but marines consist of all political parties, races, and religions.
A Marine and a democrat, something is not RIGHT. LOL
acrazya

United States

#11 Jul 6, 2009
deer hunter i am an Marine so you dont ven know what you talkin bout...
local Veteran

United States

#12 Jul 6, 2009
You can go into the military let them pay for your college and chose to become an officer later through the green to gold program if you decide to make the military a career. Most officers that have an enlisted back ground turn out to be some of the best.
Deer Hunter

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jul 6, 2009
Mustangs and they are the best Officers

Since: Jul 08

Coweta, OK

#14 Jul 6, 2009
acrazya,
No matter what you decide, base it on information. The Marines are a fine outfit. It is true: Once a Marine, always a Marine! You can choose college before, during, or after. There are benefits to each choice, so it depends on which direction you are going. For more information, talk to a recruiter, a career counselor (or high school counselor or college counselor), and do some research on the internet. I would suggest all three for the best information. Hope this helps.
acrazya

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2009
northbound traveler,
thanks for that now i made my decison ima join the marines right after highschool....hopefully get out of it what i am seeking!
but thanks
ACRAZY OUT!

“super hero”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 6, 2009
you know military is military, you get what you put into it, my brother went into the army with a bad attitude, they promised him this and they gave him that,he made so much trouble they gave him a dishonarable discharge followed him the rest of his life [ deceased now ], i did my hitch a little differently, mine was honarable, it helped me in my life, be sure the marines is your cup of tea, theres no turning back, the guys in my basic class [ army ] that changed their minds kept recycling them over and over 1 week before graduation recycled back to hell week , hell on earth, thats my advice to you,they are probably a little easier these days
SADLEY SEEKING SANITY

Austin, TX

#17 Jul 7, 2009
you should talk to a young Marine and see what they say. It is true, recruiters will promise you one thing to get you to sign up but once you are in, the "Marines" can change your job to fit their needs. Boot is still tough and the Crucible (equal to hell week) is a test of your will to be a Marine.
You will get what you put into it out of it.
If you want to know more about what really happens go to Marineparents.com and read some of the recruite parents chat boards.
Mephisto

Baird, TX

#18 Jul 7, 2009
I've spent 3 out of the last 4 years living with the Leathernecks at Air Base TQ near Faluja.

If you're not tough,dedicated,driven,athleti c, highly motivated and interested in becoming a first rate professional killing machine....then don't even bother.

Don't believe what you hear about winning "Hearts and Minds". That's "Army Crap". Marines do two things.

1-Kill people.
2-Break things.

......and they keep 400 million pansy-ass Americans Free and Safe.
hmmm

United States

#19 Jul 7, 2009
DamnTexan wrote:
Really,ya'll are talking about college and this fine young individual is saying "an marine" not "A Marine".I think this fella might be better off joining the Water Nazis,I mean the Coast Guard.
Apparently you haven't checked into the Coast Guard qualifications lately. They are tied with the Air Force as being the hardest branch of the military to get into, with only 5500 new recruits this year and a total 0f only 38000 active duty personnel. So if your implication was that he could join the CG because he's of sub-par intelligence, then perhaps it's you that needs to take a look in the mirror...

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#20 Jul 8, 2009
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you haven't checked into the Coast Guard qualifications lately. They are tied with the Air Force as being the hardest branch of the military to get into, with only 5500 new recruits this year and a total 0f only 38000 active duty personnel. So if your implication was that he could join the CG because he's of sub-par intelligence, then perhaps it's you that needs to take a look in the mirror...
Yeah,well you didn't deal with them on a daily basis,and besides I'm more of a combatant.I mean don't get me wrong,I'm sure the nations mud puddles are as safe as humanly possible but I never got the whole protecting us from ourselves mission statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most incompetent HOA in east tx history GONE!!!... (Feb '16) Aug 8 who ruind lakewood 8
Now I'm Pissed off ! - Free tickets to the zoo ! (Oct '10) Aug 7 MommaBear 101
I know what you did last night Steve conley Aug 4 fallen angel 14
Sugar baby Aug 3 Sugar daddy 1
Shut it Down, Stevenson Beer Distributing........ (Nov '12) Aug 1 Kathy Finn 13
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Aug 1 Kathy Finn 14
REWARD $500 cash for arrest/conviction on punks... Jul '16 Citizen 1

Crockett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages