Rudimentary

Dallas, TX

#1 Dec 23, 2012
We seem to be a country of little compromise these days.

Lapierre with the NRA see's absolutely no change needed in gun laws, Period! Instead, calling for Law Enforcement officers at all schools, which seems odd coming from a right leaning organization that touts fiscal responsibility. I guess officers at 98,000 schools is pittance.

Tea Party activist can't even compromise with their own party. Saying "our way or the hiway" , possibly forcing a fiscal cliff that may throw us into another recession. Gone are the days of tolerance and thought, we seem to be a country that runs on emotion, and anger.

Many say it is sealing the fate of the Republican Party as the nation tires of warring parties.
Burnin bad

Irving, TX

#2 Dec 26, 2012
They are nothing but hypocrites.
One Mad Christian

Marquez, TX

#3 Dec 26, 2012
do u actually listen to the news. Obama is the 1 saying my way or the hwy. seems to me grown men & women should be able to give a little for the good of the country. stores are threatening to close, schedules r being changed to keep from carring insurance to support their views. Doctors are threatening to retire. what good is obamacare if we HAVE NO one to doc us. the doctors should be able to choose what test we need, but you argue this I will say the system is being abused as is. we need changes but it is not going to happen until we actually make each party listen ot the needs with a mind to help americans not politics. sad world we live n. believe as you want but this country is never going to be safe and secure as we have know in our life time.
One Mad Christian

Marquez, TX

#4 Dec 26, 2012
Rudimentary wrote:
We seem to be a country of little compromise these days.
Lapierre with the NRA see's absolutely no change needed in gun laws, Period! Instead, calling for Law Enforcement officers at all schools, which seems odd coming from a right leaning organization that touts fiscal responsibility. I guess officers at 98,000 schools is pittance.
Tea Party activist can't even compromise with their own party. Saying "our way or the hiway" , possibly forcing a fiscal cliff that may throw us into another recession. Gone are the days of tolerance and thought, we seem to be a country that runs on emotion, and anger.
Many say it is sealing the fate of the Republican Party as the nation tires of warring parties.
No money in the bank...common sense is what we need. if u have no money....you have nothing to spend. yet it seems common sense is out the door. we will need to get rid of some of the nonsense...big bird would be a start since foodstamps is a needed program. children can read big bird with their parents teaching just like n the good old days. dugh
Burnin bad

Dallas, TX

#5 Dec 27, 2012
Why get rid of Big Bird? It's educational television that can be broadcast to the poor over an antennae.
Education is the problem isn't it?

Why not cut funding to those that are abusing farm subsidies. They're all over East Texas. Many of them Tea Party people.

The Republican party stood and said "We will vote no to everything Obama does". It was early in his term and a statement that made me abandon the Republican party. They can't even agree on their own plan at this juncture and are looking like total fools to the nation.

As far as Doctors retiring, let the few throwing a fit over losing some of their overpriced Government payments. There are plenty to fill their shoes. Of course, I suspect the few complaining are crying wolf. If not, we have Indian Doctors that will love to take their place.
truth

Trinity, TX

#6 Feb 2, 2013
What needs to happen is this goverment needs to rember the oath they took to the Constitution not the banks. Also People need to quit having kids if thay are not going to be responciable for them.I see a school every day full of kids that where put in the school(state daycare) at the age of 3 and then left from 7 in the morning till 5 or 6 they get them from boys&girls club. If you have a kid take care of them dont expect my tax dollars to
Whoooa cowboy

Kemp, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2013
truth wrote:
What needs to happen is this goverment needs to rember the oath they took to the Constitution not the banks. Also People need to quit having kids if thay are not going to be responciable for them.I see a school every day full of kids that where put in the school(state daycare) at the age of 3 and then left from 7 in the morning till 5 or 6 they get them from boys&girls club. If you have a kid take care of them dont expect my tax dollars to
This describes many white upperclass children. Do you hold the same regard for them? Poor white trash like we see all over East Texas?
Well

Centerville, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Trash is trash, be it white or black. Unresponsible parenting is unresponsible, be it white or black. Lack of moral and value teaching is lack of, be it white or black. Just one of many problems facing our country. I know in my household that if we spend more than we take in, we're in big trouble. The people we elected to this government can't seem to understand that. But we will soon. It's coming, just a matter of time, be it white or black.
Whoooa cowboy

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Thank God we don't run our country like a household. Not sure how many kids you have but our Country is a lot more complex.
However, if my family ran into tough times "everyone" would feel the pinch. Not just a select few.
Show me a senior that will agree to a cut! I can show you many seniors that have cost this country much more than they ever put in.
The cost of fighting cancer dwarfs what a framer or milkman will EVER contribute.
Sure, it's easy to blame it all on the poor. Simply label them as lazy and we can hate them very easily.
How about taking a look at all people equally, including ourselves. We are the problem, not the Government!
social club member

Huntsville, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2013
well who made our country complex? secondly because it is complex you do not follow any basic guidelines as runnig a household. with that logic then all we have to do is make things more complex around the house, and that should fix any problems in the houshold.
Whoooa cowboy

Irving, TX

#11 Feb 6, 2013
It's not complex if we realize that we are as much if not more of the problem than the Government.
We have situations in this country the citizens will not let anyone fix, simply because it is taking something from them.
I would like to see anyone stand up and say "enough is enough, I don't need this money or program!"
When we DEMAND our programs remain unscathed, it becomes a problem much deeper than the Government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec 7 avh 172
Why would a loving God create so many ugly wome... Dec 6 Yo mama 5
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Farm Aid concert to save Westwood Shores (Feb '14) Nov 27 unknown 3
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Nov 26 Imoutofthismess 12
Opps Bobby Did it again. Nov 22 ranee 1
Crockett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crockett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crockett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:47 am PST