lies being put on Nixle

lies being put on Nixle

Posted in the Crockett Forum

city tax payer

Fairfield, TX

#1 Mar 27, 2014
Chief Jones posted that he needed to give some brief information on how the Trinity PD is helping with the trustee work program that the Sheriff has in place. He stated that the jail in Groveton is regulated by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards (TCJS), this is true. He ststed that TCJS will only allow the Sheriff to "house" a maximum of swvwn prisoners at one time, this is NOT true. Fourteen prisioners can be "housed" at one time, but you have to have a jailer if more than seven are "housed" at one time. So Jones and Wallace came up with a solution to help save money so Wallace could implement his trustee work program. The city tax payers should not have to fund or furnish a jail for the county. They have people that pay county taxes for this very thing. Wallace had to give up his jailer to have someone work his trustees, this is not the city's problem. Those inmates can stay in the county jail foe a couple of days, and if they can't make bond, then go to Houston County. Staying in the city is NOT "free". How has the city saved the county $173.920.00 in inmate housing? Sounds to me like the city is out a great deal of money? Then Jones makes it sound like the trustees saved the county $105.560.00. The county would not have spent this money in the first place. The county just needs to utilize their facilities and let the city tax payers do the same!
City resident

Lufkin, TX

#2 Mar 28, 2014
city tax payer wrote:
Chief Jones posted that he needed to give some brief information on how the Trinity PD is helping with the trustee work program that the Sheriff has in place. He stated that the jail in Groveton is regulated by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards (TCJS), this is true. He ststed that TCJS will only allow the Sheriff to "house" a maximum of swvwn prisoners at one time, this is NOT true. Fourteen prisioners can be "housed" at one time, but you have to have a jailer if more than seven are "housed" at one time. So Jones and Wallace came up with a solution to help save money so Wallace could implement his trustee work program. The city tax payers should not have to fund or furnish a jail for the county. They have people that pay county taxes for this very thing. Wallace had to give up his jailer to have someone work his trustees, this is not the city's problem. Those inmates can stay in the county jail foe a couple of days, and if they can't make bond, then go to Houston County. Staying in the city is NOT "free". How has the city saved the county $173.920.00 in inmate housing? Sounds to me like the city is out a great deal of money? Then Jones makes it sound like the trustees saved the county $105.560.00. The county would not have spent this money in the first place. The county just needs to utilize their facilities and let the city tax payers do the same!
I did not know the county was using our city facility. I would not have a problem with this if they reimbursed the city for housing county prisoners. Our police officers and dispatchers are paid by the city. I agree that the Sheriff should use the county jail or pay the city like they do everyone else that houses their prisoners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump unable to govern Mon Hburg Resident 2
Trump demanding $18 BILLION for WALL NOW. Not f... Mon Trinitard 3
Trump's New playmate, Snoop Dog Jealous, Putin,... Feb 18 Putin chef 1
Russian Mafiosi make El Trumpo Presidente Feb 16 Boris Natasha 1
Lakewood at Livingston (Sep '10) Feb 11 Fed up with Lakewood 16
Most incompetent HOA in east tx history GONE!!!... (Feb '16) Feb 11 Fed up with Lakewood 12
Donald Trump will NEVER win the GOP nomination Feb 7 A failed President 1

Crockett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages