STEVE

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

what is the PROBLEMS with living in westwood shores, have looked at homes there, and there certainly are LOTS of them for sale. there has to be some problems for that many to be for sale. tell me about living in westwood shores, either good or bad.
Nighthawk

Gallatin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Taxes,Taxes,Taxes, and more Taxes!!!
STEVE

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

nighthawk-- what kind of taxes are you talking about?? the county and school tax, should be the same rates as the other places in the area pay. I know there is a MUD tax, is this the one that is bad??-- are there some hidden taxes in westwood?? I know there is a $98 a month fee, for security and maintaince. but that is not a tax. and from what I am reading , it may be a good thing to be in a gated community. if there are some special taxes in westwood let me know.
STEVE

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

folks lets hear it--- whats the pros and cons about westwood shores.
another old hippy

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Maintenance fees, greens fees, MUD fees, lots of user fees. But if you like golf, tennis and swimming, it's a great gated community. You will pay for the extras even if you don't use them. One of the nicest subdivisions in Trinity area. The next best in my opinion would be Trinity Plantation off Hwy 19.
STEVE

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

thanks hippy , will check out trinity plantation too.
Mephisto

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Ya' kaint jack up no ol'cars in yer front yard.
Ya' kaint build nuthin' without talkin' to the arkitekchural nazis.
Ya' kaint shoot no deer, even it yur hungry.
Ya' kaint shoot no golfers even if they're in yer damn garden.

We bought some land in WWS and couldn't GIVE it away!!!
STEVE

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

jack up no low riders-- talk to nazis-- shoot no deer-- shoot no golfer-- sounds like no fun to me. what other problems are there. guess there are no fish in the lakes either.

“pay it forward”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Westwood Shores is a nice neighborhood. My advice is to make sure that is where you want to be before you buy a lot. We bought a large lot, kept it for a few years, tried to sell it and had no luck. We ended up selling it for a dollar.

Mephisto

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

cozy and warm wrote:
Westwood Shores is a nice neighborhood. My advice is to make sure that is where you want to be before you buy a lot. We bought a large lot, kept it for a few years, tried to sell it and had no luck. We ended up selling it for a dollar.
I want my dollar back.
The county is suing me for taxes on WWS land that I can't get rid of.
BTW-When this happens it also disqualifies one from obtaining a "concealed carry" permit.

But don't worry the government only wants to help us !!!!!
Disgruntled Owner

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

I too as well as a whole bunch of people in this town have been burned by WWS and their high everything and changes they have made to the charges they originally charged you when you bought property there and it is simply because the owner went off the deep end. He tried to make a fortune off of a bunch of mostly retired good country folks and ran everybody out.
He was trying to make an Augusta or Peeble Beach out of a very much lesser piece of property and course and he never succeeded with it but still wants to charge people like it is and it is far, far, and I mean very far from that.
If you want the country club type setting neighborhood then go check out Trinity Plantation, Elkin's Lake, Cape Royale or Waterwood unless you want to be over-charged and taken advantage of like everyone else. My opinion is, run as fast as you can, while you still can. Definitely go elsewhere. Plus the place is really not very user friendly.
red dawn

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

OWNER--- do you still live in westwood ??
-- I am getting the feeling to look else where. there are just too many houses for sale there, not to have some major problems with the place.
Mephisto

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

In fairness, the deer hunting is excellent at night with a spotlight and crossbow.

Get a trailer for your golf cart.

....way too messy in the back seat.
Disgruntled Owner

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

No but we can't sell the property we have because of the exuberant fees and charges he has put on everything. No one wants to move there unless they don't have a clue about anything. I mean you can't even sneeze without a surcharge being added to it. He needs to sell out the property to a real human being so it can get back to the WWS we all use to love and patronage. He has ruined a very good thing for this area and most of the country club amenities are so far in disrepair they have become an eyesore. A prime example is just go look at the tennis courts right there in the very front of the property. What a shame people who are all about money buy things and can't even see what they have done.
red dawn

Crosby, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

thanks for the information, defintly WILL NOT be moving to westwood.-- we want to get out of the houston area, liked the town of trinity, and the short drive to huntsville. BUT after reading the forum about the police department, city government, and drug heads there, its not much different than a little houston.--- drove thru the older parts of trinity, saw some decent homes for sale. but looking at what was surrounding them, wanted no part of them.-- is there anywhere in the area to get away from the dope heads, and city government.
rone

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Once you buy there you can never get away from the maintenance fees. Check out some of the other subdivisions on 356 where the property owners set the fees not the developer.
Deer Hunter

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

The Landing and Glenhaven 3188/ off 94
Mephisto

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

Many will disagree but......

Lake L offers acres not lots.

It's cheap.( when bought privately )

It's quiet and unregulated.

....and how 'bout those great dirt roads?

Only good for the more "independent" types.

...still most 'subdivisions' prevent large animals and real freedom.
the ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

red dawn wrote:
thanks for the information, defintly WILL NOT be moving to westwood.-- we want to get out of the houston area, liked the town of trinity, and the short drive to huntsville. BUT after reading the forum about the police department, city government, and drug heads there, its not much different than a little houston.--- drove thru the older parts of trinity, saw some decent homes for sale. but looking at what was surrounding them, wanted no part of them.-- is there anywhere in the area to get away from the dope heads, and city government.
Big mistake moving to Trinity county. We should have moved to WALKER county close to Huntsville. We have to drive there anyway for any kind of decent grocery, other shopping, doctor, decent hospital etc. We could of saved thousands of dollars in fuel expenses by not moving to Trinity County from Harris County. Ideally you would be better off moving to Montgomery County. Closer to people with common sense and moral standards.
Mephisto

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

It's a full spectrum of trade-offs.

If big government intrusion into your life is an issue.....then Trinity county is your kinda place.

Our local government has the advantage of being both inept and underfunded.

....and I, for one, like it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of171
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Crockett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••