Now I'm Pissed off ! - Free tickets t...
Go me

Houston, TX

#85 May 30, 2012
Free Zoo......only if they added sea world!!!!hhahahaha go us goot love my perks
Go you

Houston, TX

#86 May 30, 2012
Well cant spell go me!!!!but at least we get into the ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
amsa

Houston, TX

#87 Sep 22, 2012
I recieve food stamps and I have two jobs and am going to school. My oldest daughter has type 1 diabetes. My ex husband was abusive so now I am a single mother to 2 kids. Some of you people need to get a fucking clue. I work my ass of yet still struggle. Not all people who have food stamps are trash. You shouldn't judge people just because they use food stamps.
amsa

Houston, TX

#88 Sep 22, 2012
Off*
red dawn

Houston, TX

#89 Sep 22, 2012
do not go near the monkey cage, there will be some campaigning going on there.
Regina

Pasadena, TX

#90 Oct 28, 2012
Well as a now single mother of 3, I work 2 jobs and go to college full time...i get an award letter because I get benifits...i work hard and still get government help...i tale my kids to the zoo...i think its great
Regina

Pasadena, TX

#91 Oct 28, 2012
thats right.....
amsa wrote:
I recieve food stamps and I have two jobs and am going to school. My oldest daughter has type 1 diabetes. My ex husband was abusive so now I am a single mother to 2 kids. Some of you people need to get a fucking clue. I work my ass of yet still struggle. Not all people who have food stamps are trash. You shouldn't judge people just because they use food stamps.
working class

Houston, TX

#92 Aug 17, 2013
I just wanted to say it makes me sad that you have a closed mind. I am a full-time employee and part-time student. I get 100.00 a month in food stamps just enough to help a little. And have known about the free admission to the Houston Zoo for about a year now & STILL haven't used this benefit or perk as you say. What this perk would do for me is slash maybe a $60 buck day including admissions,food,and rides that aren't part of this program into a $30buck day. So just to clarify everyone on government benefits are not someone who just want to sit at home and get something for nothing. Whether it's a majority or minority it's still not everyone. I gladly have a job.
Making Strides wrote:
IF YOU GET FOOD STAMPS READ THE ARTICLE BELOW, YET ANOTHER PERK FOR NOT WORKING IN THE STATE OF TEXAS !
Admission to the Houston Zoo is free (limit 5 persons - 2 adults/3 children of the same household - per visit, for residents presenting their valid current award letter and a valid photo ID (Texas Drivers License or Texas Department of Public Safety photo ID card) to confirm card holder status. The Lone Star Card holder of record must accompany their party. Tickets issued day of visit only; no advance tickets will be issued. Offer not valid for ticketed special events.
Frequently asked questions about Lone Star Card admissions.
Q: How do I take advantage of this opportunity?
A: The Houston Zoo recently changed the way Lone Star Card holders can enjoy the benefits of free Houston Zoo admission.
Previously, card holders presented their Lone Star Card, a photo ID and filled out an application form to receive their tickets.
Now, the Houston Zoo only requests that Lone Star Card holders present their valid current award letter along with a photo ID each time they appear at the ticket booths to receive their tickets.
Q: What is an award letter?
A: The award letter is the letter card holders receive from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services that confirms their application for benefits has been approved.
If you did not save your letter or if it has been misplaced, please contact a Texas Department of Health and Human Services office near you or call 2-1-1 to request a replacement copy.
A valid current award letter and your photo ID must be presented each time you visit the Zoo to receive your free admission tickets.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of people who may visit using the Lone Star Card award letter for Zoo admission?
A: Yes. The person whose name appears on the award letter may be accompanied by 2 adults and 3 children in the same household for a total of 5 people per visit.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of times each year I may visit the Zoo using the Lone Star Card award letter.
A: No. There is no limit on the number of times per year you may visit.
Q: Are there any restrictions for guests using the Lone Star Card award letter for Zoo admission?
A: Yes. Tickets will be issued the day of the visit only. No advance tickets will be issued. The offer is not valid for ticketed special events.
Admission under the Houston Zoo’s Lone Star Card program is valid for Zoo admission only and is not valid for Wildlife Carousel tickets, DINOSAURS!, Hermann Park miniature train tickets, stroller, wheelchair or motorized scooter rental, gift shop or concession purchases, or ticketed special events such as the Zoo lecture series, Feast With the Beasts, and education classes.
working class

Houston, TX

#93 Aug 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
thats right.....<quoted text>
Sorry you went through that we have similar situations and I agree totally. Everyone on food stamps to feed their family ain't trash. I work my ass off too. So keep your head up and it will be greater later.
tara85

United States

#94 Mar 15, 2015
Not everyone that gets food stamps are "white trash". Some people really do struggle and I don't believe there is a problem with with free admission to the zoo for these lower income families. Some of these people are single parents who work themselves into the ground trying to support their families.
I do agree that not everyone who recieves these benifits needs or deserves them but there are legitimate cases. I think this is very generous of the Zoo.
mellow yellow

Houston, TX

#95 May 6, 2015
Deerhunter wrote:
Next free EZ Tags and Beer...
What happened maddd, because you can't.....LOL
workingmomof3

United States

#96 Jun 1, 2015
I am a hard working mother of 3 and ex military (navy), since my income is low, I am eligible to collect food stamps. I understand many abuse the system, but I work part-time to support my children and think this is a good thing for children to get out and have these experiences offered due to these programs. Not everyone can have a 20+/hr job
Hdjdk

Houston, TX

#97 Jul 20, 2015
deer in the head lights wrote:
It's funny they can't pay for a zoo ticket but pull up in their brand new Cadillac Escaldes, Navigators and Dodge chargers...unload, go in for free and can manage to pay for all their food and of course souviners or do the concession stands take the lone star card as well? I'm on disability and can't get squat.
Sorry for you you racist
misunderstood

Seattle, WA

#98 Jul 25, 2015
I understand as a person who does not have food stamps gets mad about the ones who do for getting in free. I have personally never had food stamps but my thoughts on this topic are this, how many adults with no kids get together and go to zoo. It is not about the adults. It is about the children and if their sorry parents will only take them somewhere like a zoo that is educational for them because it is free why be mad that those baby's can go. Our children our are future and if they are getting a small educational benefit because the zoo is free for them let them enjoy it. I still have to pay full price for myself and my three children, but I do not hate on the low income children enjoying themselves.
Jburns

Richmond, TX

#99 Jul 30, 2015
Everyone can screw off because not everyone on Snap benefits are abusing them. I have them and have two children! I am also a working mother and full time student at SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY! I am 28 and yes I need a little help. I graduate in May 2016.. Will I keep using them NO! But would I love to take my son and daughter somewhere when I am broke all the time, YES! This helps... So again SCREW OFF
Fuckit23

Katy, TX

#100 Sep 20, 2015
Who the fu** cares ??! Why the f**k does everyone assume that if you are on snap, you don't work ?! It's a great idea. Gives no excuses to not get out and enrich the minds of their children . Jesus lord..
doh

Centerville, TX

#101 Sep 23, 2015
There is a reason they are called "Trinitards"
enuff said

Houston, TX

#102 Oct 24, 2015
Ppl always have negative things to say about ppl getting food stamps and other government items... But y'all fails to realize is that alot sum ppl do wrk.. I work everyday n have been for 12yrs wrkin hard...I pay taxes I pay medicare and cnt even get health insurance for myself.. And yes I get food stamps to help feed my kids cause after my rent, utilities, car note and insurance is paid for the month I only have enough to get household products, gas, and whatever my kids needs..So not everybody sits on their asses n just collect foodstamps
enuff said

Houston, TX

#103 Oct 24, 2015
U need the Lord in ur life... U sounds so racist
Knowledge is Power

Houston, TX

#104 Jul 11, 2016
To all the ignorant, misinformed people having negative things to say about people with SNAP benefits. I am a case worker with Health and Human Services commission and have worked there 9 years. I have seen people from all walks of life and classes needing help!
Right now there are many working class people with average pay of $15hr on food stamps who some how because of loss of a spouses income
or cost of living went up and any number of factors they need the help until they can get on their feet. AND THEY PAY TAXES!!
Get of your high horse and stop judging people because you never know if something will happen in your life and then you will be needing the help we offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 16 hr FlavorsPharts 1,054
Kimberly Collvins 17 hr Erika 7
Haunted Places (Aug '07) Thu Beg71 86
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jan 10 Barb ice 80
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec '16 Not Quite Here 180
News Trinity County sheriff turns in resignation (May '07) Dec '16 lowly 19
Walt Disney flawed local History; with Coonski... Dec '16 James Whitehead 1

Crockett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages