Justice for Dustin
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Laura Ellis

Ballwin, MO

#1 May 22, 2013
I debated a long time before putting this out to the public but I'm feed up. My grandson was PHYSICALLY abused by one of the people at boys and girls club. My daughter took all the proper steps. She took him to the PD they took pics, they have not completed their investigation so I won't comment on them. The board was called and came back with a finding of no wrong doing, stating that if I had additional questions call the PD who had finished their part and advised them there was no abuse, they did say a particular officers name but I will not put it on here as I feel it was a lie anyway. Upon calling the PD I found out that officer wasn't even working that day and found out the case was certainly not concluded. My thing other than being blantantly lied to by the board and them not caring about the welfare of my granchild is they only questioned workers. REALLY your only going to question people whose job depends on the answers! Before this occured people was taking there kids out because of verbal abuse. I am asking those people to speak up. Next time it may be your child.
faith

Huntsville, TX

#2 May 22, 2013
the boys and girls club use to be a good program but has went down because the so called coasches they have only care about getting a check and texting i took my kids out also.... the old lady at the front dont no how to deal or talk to kids or to parents
Mel

Huntsville, TX

#3 May 22, 2013
I agree that the Boys and Girls Club has gone down hill in recent years. At some point a couple of years ago a new Supervisor came in and fired most of the employees that had been there. The employee's that we knew and also knew they were taking care of our kids. They started hiring a bunch of young kids that have no patience and actually they were very abusive. My children are honor students and seldom get in any kind of trouble and they were constantly in trouble and getting yelled at. I took mine out a couple of years ago because they were SOOOOOO miserable and the program has basically gone to hell.
Trinity county

Nashua, NH

#4 May 22, 2013
I also took my child out of Boys and Girls Club for verbal abuse. Being called a liar continuously and told to shut up, that is no way to talk to a child! When they were just trying to tell them what happened between them and another child. One time a coach had my child crying cause she claimed he was missing work and refused to do it, he tried to tell her no I'm not I did it. She kept telling him he was lying. Finally after about 5 minutes of going back and forth he took his folders out and went through them all till he found the ones she claimed he refused to do. They had him on the bench for this and once again wouldn't listen to him till I got there. Just as bad as the Elementary not putting a stop to certain individual boys that continuously bullys the other kids and they refuse to put a stop to it! Its suppose to be zero tolerence, but depends on who the kid is!
Trinity mom

Coldspring, TX

#5 May 22, 2013
I agree my child also no longer goes to boys and girls club do to verbal abuse always favoring certain kids and mine was always being bullied and talked bad to or lied on but when she would tell the lady up there she always said that she was lieing. I'm glad to see someone taking a stand!
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#6 May 24, 2013
Many children have been taken out because of abuse! To think I donate to this program!
And yes I have personally heard The older woman at the Desk call children liers and tell them to shit up! This is the example she sets for our kids? Sometimes you just have to admit you no longer have the patience to supervise children and resigne yourself to go do something else! It's definitely her time to resigne!
I find it rather repulsive that the adults who are suppose to lead by example are showing our children "HANDS ON SKILLS" to reprimand a child! My Grand child is A/B honor roll and NEVER gets in trouble! She has Loved going to boys and girls club! The last few weeks she has Said "I don't want to go there anymore, they are mean to kids and won't listen to them when they try to tell what happened"! She is speaking of other children not herself! So if an 8 year old can see the injustice the adults who head this program better pay attention! Kind of like the principle of LES who continues to allow the bullies to keep Bullying! It's the same ones Bullying all the time! It's time for parents to LISTEN to their kids and start standing up for them! The PTA try's to help with their constant work and involvement with our kids, but they're only a few who actively involve themselves and volunteer their time. Many parents work and are unable to actively participate and that's understandable! But there are so many who have plenty of spare time!
parent

Euless, TX

#7 May 24, 2013
Marta Smith wrote:
Many children have been taken out because of abuse! To think I donate to this program!
And yes I have personally heard The older woman at the Desk call children liers and tell them to shit up! This is the example she sets for our kids? Sometimes you just have to admit you no longer have the patience to supervise children and resigne yourself to go do something else! It's definitely her time to resigne!
I find it rather repulsive that the adults who are suppose to lead by example are showing our children "HANDS ON SKILLS" to reprimand a child! My Grand child is A/B honor roll and NEVER gets in trouble! She has Loved going to boys and girls club! The last few weeks she has Said "I don't want to go there anymore, they are mean to kids and won't listen to them when they try to tell what happened"! She is speaking of other children not herself! So if an 8 year old can see the injustice the adults who head this program better pay attention! Kind of like the principle of LES who continues to allow the bullies to keep Bullying! It's the same ones Bullying all the time! It's time for parents to LISTEN to their kids and start standing up for them! The PTA try's to help with their constant work and involvement with our kids, but they're only a few who actively involve themselves and volunteer their time. Many parents work and are unable to actively participate and that's understandable! But there are so many who have plenty of spare time!
Do you volunteer Mrs Smith?
Erma Jones

Huntsville, TX

#8 May 24, 2013
Every parent and grandparent has a right to defend and participate to the fullest capacity in their children's lives. Both mentally and physically. It is our job to protect, at all cost the minds and bodies of our children. Have we so quickly forgotten what harassment, bullying and any type of abuse can create in our children's minds and futures? Low self esteem, depression, the feeling of failure;, Columbine, The Batman Movie Massacre and God help them, Sandy Hook elementary shooting. If we have not forgotten then why would we find it hard to look into the cause of such unrelenting wrong doing by "so called" professionals, that we hand over our children to everyday?! Why do we have such a hard time listening, to the voices of the victims?(Our children) Come on higher ups stand up and take notice!!
Laura Ellis

Baytown, TX

#9 May 24, 2013
I know it's not easy to put yourself out there, and your child, but they have gotten away with the verbal abuse for so long it has escalated to physical. What will come next? All I want is for people to do the right thing. If your child seen what happen to Dustin take them to the PD. Don't sit on the sidelines and let another injustice go unanswered for. If your child has been verbally abused go to the board and let them know. Many voices are better than one. I'm not asking you to tell me, go to the PD, the board, whoever you are comfortable going to. This has got to STOP!
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#10 May 24, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you volunteer Mrs Smith?
Haven't volunteered before, "BUT" now that I am home full time for "GOOD" you bet I'll Volunteer!
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#11 May 24, 2013
Parent! By the way, all my kids are grown with kids of there own! So I'll see you in the volunteer line Okee Dokee?
Bro Geroge

Trinity, TX

#12 May 24, 2013
Marta don't bother to volunteer, I don't think you could pass a back ground check. Re-read your first post carefully and you will see why.
parent

Euless, TX

#13 May 24, 2013
Marta Smith wrote:
Parent! By the way, all my kids are grown with kids of there own! So I'll see you in the volunteer line Okee Dokee?
Thanks but I'm already in it. I do way more than my share of volunteering and buying stuff for other kids that are not my own. Believe me. The more volunteers the better it will be.
Laura Ellis

Baytown, TX

#14 May 24, 2013
Bro Geroge wrote:
Marta don't bother to volunteer, I don't think you could pass a back ground check. Re-read your first post carefully and you will see why.
?????
Bro Geroge

Trinity, TX

#15 May 24, 2013
Marta let's support our relatives.
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#16 May 24, 2013
Bro. George you are such a nice person to bring it to my attention that my spell check can't spell SHUT!
Thank you also for your concern on my Background check! FYI, I have never had so much as a speeding ticket thank you!
Also, have had security Clarence by the US GOVERNMENT! Gee, ya thought I was uneducated! I guess your background check came back a little shady? Is that why you didn't use your real name on your post?
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#17 May 24, 2013
Oh by the way Bro. George I have supported everyone of them for many years many times over!
That's why I have had to disown them, I can't afford to take care if their lazy, sorry hiney's anymore! Now if you want to be ugly and make this personal without the guts to post your name go to FB and post there! You have a memorable Memorial Day!
PARENT: I will be coming to help you by volunteering also! Thanks for making me aware!
Laura Ellis

Baytown, TX

#18 May 24, 2013
I don't want this turned into an ugly, hateful forum. We have a real problem at the Boys and Girls Club and I am wanting to address it reasonably. There is not ANY reason Marta should not support her family, I'm pretty sure most people do. She could have hidden her name and no one would have known she was family but why? There is no point in hiding the fact that you support your family when a wrong has been done to your loved one. Once again I want awareness, response and action to come from this forum not hatefulness. I want a problem resolved not started.
KCCO

Fulshear, TX

#19 May 24, 2013
Well there are two sides to every story, and all that Laura and Marta have said is that the bgc has been abusing kids. So why not look into this child's history. Does he have a history of violent outbursts when he doesn't get his way? Lying to get his way? Causing injuries to himself in a fit or tantrum? I think that maybe everyone should take a step back, turn the emotions off, and actually think for a change. And Laura, if you wanted to address it reasonably, you would wait until all of the facts are out before starting to spew toxic waste on the internet. On the chance that your grandson fabricated his story, will you be the first one in line to apologize for speaking to soon? Just a thought... Like always, Keep it Classy Trinity!
Marta Smith

Ballwin, MO

#21 May 24, 2013
KCCO AND ONLY IN TRINITY:
Here is the whole story in very easy to understand short but factual!!!!
NO ADULT HAS THE RIGHT TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON ANY CHILD FOR ANY REASON AT BGC.... ABUSE IS ABUSE NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO CANDY COAT IT!
YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG, BUT IT'S STILL A PIG!
If the child has a history of anything you've mentioned LES would definitely know it since he is in there care most of the day! I didn't say BGC doesn't have positive out comes for children! The staff has helped a couple of my grandchildren also!
MOST OF THE STAFF IS WONDERFUL!
ONLY TAKES 2 APPLES TO SPOIL THE WHOLE BASKET THOUGH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Fri By-passed 178
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farting 945
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
Now I'm Pissed off ! - Free tickets to the zoo ! (Oct '10) Thu Jburns 95
News Lufkin man on stolen motorcycle arrested after ... Jul 29 By-passed 1
Steve Conley ... Piece of crap (Jan '15) Jul 27 Misti 35
Newest Stubbs rumor, anyone know the truth (Apr '08) Jul 26 silly 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages