Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jefe

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 6, 2007
 
http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp...

by Christa Lollis

Some East Texans are questioning Crockett police chief Jimmy Fishers integrity. Randy Minton, a former Crockett resident, gave KTRE a letter that the police chief wrote, but may never have found out about it without some help. Minton said, "I was contacted by several Crockett police officers because I used to have a website where I obtained documents and I found it interesting so I submitted an open record request to DPS and got a copy of it."

Some Crockett residents are accusing the chief of stealing his own sons identity to open 3 credit card accounts. In the letter obtained by Minton, the chief writes, "These accounts were not initiated by Christopher, although they bear his social security number and other personal information." In a brief statement to KTRE's Tashun Chism, Fisher said they were joint accounts and that DPS was now investigating.

One current Crockett city employee wonders why DPS is still involved. "They should have sent this to the Texas Rangers and they didn't. That should have been the first thing they did," the source said. The alleged credit card fraud is just one of many things the source says Fisher has done. He accused him of using city money to purchase a generator and computer for his own home. "No, he's not an upstanding citizen at all," he explained.

Now, Minton wants answers. He feels that if the chief isn't guilty, he needs to show proof. "If his son made the charges, if this truly was a joint account, produce those bills with both names on it. If he really wants to end the controversy and end the questions just produce the bill with both names on it and show that it's a joint account and I'm sure everyone will say ok," Minton said.
12/5/07 - Crockett
Police Chief Being Investigated

KTRE attempted to contact Fisher today, but we were unable to reach him. The mayor and the city administrator declined to comment. According to our sources, DPS is still investigating. KTRE tried to contact DPS in Austin for comment as well but they never returned our phone calls. Stay tuned to KTRE for the latest information on this case.
dream

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 11, 2007
 
What a big surprise about Fisher. That man is a crooked as the day is long. He is never out patroling or doing his civic duty. He is usually at the Early Childhood Center where his wife if principal. What are we paying him for?
Rebel

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 12, 2007
 
Bout time they caught up with him.
dream

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 25, 2007
 
What can be done to get him off the police force?
Get a LIFE

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 20, 2008
 
Getting him off the force will never happen...look at the even's and then the odd's.
Jim

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Maybe you should invesigate Ricky Minton -this issue has been closed and there was nothing to it --old news

Since: Jul 08

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Oh my, nice to see Ricky is still keepin the crap bucket stirred...so.........when is he gonna start in on our High Sheriff? Has he already and I missed it because I moved out of county for a few years?
Jefe

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 27, 2008
 
Jim wrote:
Maybe you should invesigate Ricky Minton -this issue has been closed and there was nothing to it --old news
You might be wrong, bud. Chief Jimmy was indicted yesterday. Turned himself into the Houston County S.O. today.
Ronald

South Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Ricky Minton, we need you back in Crockett! Our officials are just as crooked as they've ever been. Your old friend, "Hollywood," missies you.
Ronald

South Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Ooops, I mean "misses" you.

Ricky Minton, your old Houston County on the Web is sorely needed in this neck of the woods. Maybe you can write a guest column for the Courier. You are a talented investigator and have a lot of guts. Please don't let that talent go to waste. Hope everything is going well with you.

-- A former McDonald's co-worker of Ricky's

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Since: Jul 08

Terlingua

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 28, 2008
 
I hea rd our perpetual chief had been indicted and arrested today ..Sad state alright. If Ricky Minton had anything to do with it I'm really suspicious ... hey no worries --our city coucil has things well in hand and will always vote in the best interest of ALL citizens
No shit

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 29, 2008
 
Just wanting to know what his charges are...I was told that it was for the Identity theft, but was also told today that it was something different...
FRIEND

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Well for starters to the lil comments above...Jimmy Fisher and his wife are nothing BUT nice people! No he is not ALWAYS at the Early Childhood..as a matter of fact I have had 2 children there and have NEVER seen him there...He is too busy at the high school teaching criminal Justice. Ricky Minton is nothing but a want to be always has and always will be...Ricky u will never be in law enforement...my father was in office in Crockett for yrs with an outstanding reputation. Ricky, mind your own business....
Officer

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 1, 2008
 
Jim wrote:
Maybe you should invesigate Ricky Minton -this issue has been closed and there was nothing to it --old news
Jimmy has been taken down!
Officer

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 1, 2008
 
FRIEND wrote:
Well for starters to the lil comments above...Jimmy Fisher and his wife are nothing BUT nice people! No he is not ALWAYS at the Early Childhood..as a matter of fact I have had 2 children there and have NEVER seen him there...He is too busy at the high school teaching criminal Justice. Ricky Minton is nothing but a want to be always has and always will be...Ricky u will never be in law enforement...my father was in office in Crockett for yrs with an outstanding reputation. Ricky, mind your own business....
By the way he does not have a teaching cert. or a masters degree how is he teaching. Well he is paid threw the Angelina College which requires you to have have a masters to teach he does not. For the school to be accredited you have to have a min of a masters he only has a Bachelors
Officer

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 1, 2008
 
and hows does he teach all day at the high school and work full time as the chief of police?

School 0830am -0330pm M-F

Work 0800am-400pm M-F

He must be majic huh? Two places at once!
Dream

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 1, 2008
 
For all of you who are speaking about Ricky Minton perhaps you all should go back a reread the first posting. The guys name is Randy Minton. Now as for "FRIEND" you may have 2 children in the ECC but its obvious that you don't spend alot of time up there. I was up at that school almost every day for at least 4 to 5 hours. And Fisher was almost always there. To know that he's there all you have to look for is his yellow Jeep. And who said anything negative about DR Fisher?? And what's your point saying that you father was in office for years and has an outstanding reputation? What are you trying to prove? As for Fisher himself its been a long time coming!!
Support Fisher

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 3, 2008
 
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way he does not have a teaching cert. or a masters degree how is he teaching. Well he is paid threw the Angelina College which requires you to have have a masters to teach he does not. For the school to be accredited you have to have a min of a masters he only has a Bachelors
Well I have taken 30 hours of criminal justice classes from him so unless SFA makes false certificates he has one...along with a masters.
Support Fisher

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 3, 2008
 
Officer wrote:
and hows does he teach all day at the high school and work full time as the chief of police?
School 0830am -0330pm M-F
Work 0800am-400pm M-F
He must be majic huh? Two places at once!
So if you really knew his schedule...he is not at the school teaching all day...might need to check with the school to see what the hours are for the criminal justice classes...
Support Fisher

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 3, 2008
 
Dream wrote:
For all of you who are speaking about Ricky Minton perhaps you all should go back a reread the first posting. The guys name is Randy Minton. Now as for "FRIEND" you may have 2 children in the ECC but its obvious that you don't spend alot of time up there. I was up at that school almost every day for at least 4 to 5 hours. And Fisher was almost always there. To know that he's there all you have to look for is his yellow Jeep. And who said anything negative about DR Fisher?? And what's your point saying that you father was in office for years and has an outstanding reputation? What are you trying to prove? As for Fisher himself its been a long time coming!!
Maybe you need to do a little research on things!!! Have you ever heard of typo's...because his name is Ricky Minton and he is from Crockett and he is a know shit starter!!!!!! He has been trying to get someone out of office since he graduated high school regardless if it was a city police, a sherriff deputy or even as far as a DPS officer...he thinks he knows the law just because he was a jailer. Truth is...he does not know shit!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crockett Discussions

Search the Crockett Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 min Janie 21,732
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 29 min Steve Dooley 17,275
The new Trinity Standard is horrible! Wed Enough Faith 6
illegal invasion of AMERICA Jul 29 uranidiot 4
Upcoming Elections (Jun '13) Jul 25 beaver buster 32
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jul 24 just suggesting 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crockett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Crockett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crockett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••