New Principle?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marta Smith

Lockhart, TX

#22 May 24, 2013
Why not have a meeting without the School Board? They are aware of all these issues and for how long???? Want me to set a time, place and day for parents to meet?
You see most parents are afraid to speak up in fear their children and themselfs will have to suffer abuse from the ones in power at THS for speaking out!
The super. Really? You'd be more likely to get in to see the US PRESIDENT! He by his own orders or just his staff is impossible to talk to! I know someone who is still waiting for a call back to confirm a meeting!
It's been time for along time for something to change in all the schools in TISD! Pretty sad what Great teachers we had are being run off by people with a title... They still put there Pants and Dresses on just like us!
Marta Smith

Lockhart, TX

#23 May 24, 2013
Not if he isn't doing his job as his contract states!
I hope his Little Readers do read this! He needs to do his job ACTIVELY!
Angry

United States

#24 May 24, 2013
We can meet anywhere but who's to say they won't show up ?? My daughter called me again earlier to say now their ag teacher is gone!! How can they keep shutting teachers down ?? I'm tired of her upset and I'm tired of how unstable things have gotten!! The community center works fine we have to meet before school is out
parent

United States

#25 May 24, 2013
I do know that some teachers have left for a job in another school with more pay. Trinity is a poor school district and most teachers won't stay here long term because of the pay. We live in a town that does not have a lot of revenue. Actually a lot of the people don't even work they just want a handout. These kids that are acting up take a look at their parents and their home life. Most will always get into trouble no matter how much help you offer. Sad..
I heard

Marquez, TX

#26 May 24, 2013
Angry wrote:
We can meet anywhere but who's to say they won't show up ?? My daughter called me again earlier to say now their ag teacher is gone!! How can they keep shutting teachers down ?? I'm tired of her upset and I'm tired of how unstable things have gotten!! The community center works fine we have to meet before school is out
I heard that the Ag teacher allowed some boys to bully another student. Sat passively by and watched. Is this the kind of teacher you want?
Angry

Lockhart, TX

#27 May 24, 2013
I heard wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the Ag teacher allowed some boys to bully another student. Sat passively by and watched. Is this the kind of teacher you want?
That teacher is no longer at Trinity ISD. But I can promise you that's the type of principal that's been hired.
Angry

United States

#28 May 24, 2013
Rumors are what have caused great divides in this school system. What you hear and what really happened are 2 different things. I find it hard to believe they sat there and watched it happen. Bullying goes on in that school all the time. My daughter tells me about it all the time and how they over look certain kids and target others
Angry

Lockhart, TX

#29 May 24, 2013
Angry wrote:
Rumors are what have caused great divides in this school system. What you hear and what really happened are 2 different things. I find it hard to believe they sat there and watched it happen. Bullying goes on in that school all the time. My daughter tells me about it all the time and how they over look certain kids and target others
Please don't use my name. There are a lot of great divides in this school. You have the administration and their pawns and then you have the teachers that have been here for years fighting in the trenches to try to make this thing work. It's a matter of time before Trinity erupts. And it will.
local

United States

#30 May 24, 2013
Trinity has been the same for years. The hometown residents like it. All you other drive ups should just move. Btw a drive up would be someone not living here long with no roots here.
Marta Smith

Lockhart, TX

#31 May 24, 2013
I'm going to have to do some research!
Marta Smith

Lockhart, TX

#32 May 24, 2013
Maybe it's time for some new Blood in regards to TISD! Drive ups might have some new fresh ideas! I'm sure the PTA would appreciate any participation!
Shelly

Lockhart, TX

#33 May 24, 2013
Marta Smith wrote:
Maybe it's time for some new Blood in regards to TISD! Drive ups might have some new fresh ideas! I'm sure the PTA would appreciate any participation!
Marta, the new bloods have been the problems for Trinity ISd for many years. They are the same ones who use Trinity as a stepping stone. Yes, they may stay a year or two then their gone. If you truly want to make a difference set some roots, make Trinity your home for good. The new bloods are the same ones that laugh at the citizens of Trinity behind closed doors. This mess has been going on for years. Until the people of Trinity stand up and put their foot down this mess will keep happening.
Amy

Blairsville, GA

#34 May 24, 2013
I tried for 3 weeks to get a call back from both the high school & supt. Offices. It was suggested I post it on facebook & I'd finally get a response. I did. The next morning the supt. Emailed me at 5am & Mr Brownlee called me that day. He was nice to talk to & did look into it & get back to me. We are seriously considering moving our children to another school. My daughter has a stable homelife & is a good student. Her concern is not being prepared for college because a lot of classes the discipline problems are so out of control that the teachers gave up teaching. We are losing A LOT of good teachers this year. I am worried about how next year will go. We have committed to staying one six weeks to see then we may move to another district. For state board to get involved you have to climb the local ladder. Your best bet is email because you can keep copies to show concerns & responses. To have teachers telling the students there's no need to stress about college because noone will be prepared from Trinity is very upsetting! To have classes that were good strong classes go to crap mid year because the teacher left & them battling back & forth over whether or not ap credit will be given because noone else will teach it that way is very disheartening for the kids. To be losing teachers DURING the school year who really care about their kids is horrible. Having students involved in the drama the staff & admins are in is ridiculous. These kids deserve a chance at the decent education our tax dollars pay for.
Marta Smith

Lockhart, TX

#35 May 24, 2013
Amy you are so right!
Shelly Trinity residence make fun of Trinity!
Point is "THE STUDENTS WHO WANT A GOOD EDUCATION ARE BEING CHEATED! GOOD TEACHERS OR DRIVE BY TEACHERS ARE LEAVING BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN NO CHOICE!
Shelly

Lockhart, TX

#36 May 24, 2013
Marta Smith wrote:
Amy you are so right!
Shelly Trinity residence make fun of Trinity!
Point is "THE STUDENTS WHO WANT A GOOD EDUCATION ARE BEING CHEATED! GOOD TEACHERS OR DRIVE BY TEACHERS ARE LEAVING BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN NO CHOICE!
It's really sad that this school district is in the shape it's in. A constant turnover in teachers is not good. So you loose teachers with experience and hire 1st year teachers or teachers just wanting a job for the year, then they move on. Then a new principal comes in who doesn't even know the kids or community and starts hurting our teachers and students? Talking to the kids they can't stand the guy. Students are actually going home and asking parents to move them to other districts. The Superintendent controls all of this. They brought him in 3 years ago. In the process he has paid off contracts. Yes he has had some improvements made, but this is typical of most superintendents. Anybody can say let's repair that or build that when the money is there. What about our kids education? Doing research on Plymale In all the years he has been a Superintendent only one year has his district been acceptable. But yet Trinity ISD gives this man a three year extension on his contract at $125,000 a year. He is the highest paid Superintendent in the history of Trinity ISD. Wow, Something is wrong with this picture.
Egg shells

United States

#37 May 25, 2013
Listen new teachers or young teachers have to able to start somewhere!! It is not their fault that they come to a school that is other wise broken. I have met a few of the young teachers my son had and they had great ideas ready to make trinity home. Every older 10- 15 year teaching teacher started where they were. The admin has broken these young teachers. I feel like there is more going on that we need to crack open. Why isn't the community asking more questions as to what is going on? Why is the turn over rate so high??
Shelly

United States

#38 May 27, 2013
Egg shells wrote:
Listen new teachers or young teachers have to able to start somewhere!! It is not their fault that they come to a school that is other wise broken. I have met a few of the young teachers my son had and they had great ideas ready to make trinity home. Every older 10- 15 year teaching teacher started where they were. The admin has broken these young teachers. I feel like there is more going on that we need to crack open. Why isn't the community asking more questions as to what is going on? Why is the turn over rate so high??
True, on starting somewhere! 2 years from now they will be replaced as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I know what you did last night Steve conley 4 hr Ispy 1
Shut it Down, Stevenson Beer Distributing........ (Nov '12) Fri lol 12
REWARD $500 cash for arrest/conviction on punks... Fri Citizen 1
My name is Steve conley Jul 21 Steve 8
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Jul 18 Babs 13
John Cole Jul 17 Diana 1
Westwood Shores Security (Sep '07) Jul 16 Savage 230

Crockett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance