Duck and Cover

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2013
I walk for exercise in my woods and along the roads near my house in Trinity County. One of the neighbors shoots his gun for target practice (or for fun?) across the woods at random times. When I hear the shots start I hurry home at once. I would like to know if there are any laws prohibiting this person from shooting across my property.
Berry picker

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Can you see this man? And how do you know he is shooting across your land?
Duck and Cover

Houston, TX

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Yes. I can see him. He is shooting toward my land. Where he standing is an open field. He is shooting towards the woods. The wooded area is all owned by my family. We have forged trails all through the woods for walking. I do not go when he is shooting but at times I have been in there when he starts. It is rather disturbing.
meateater99

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2013
If he owns 10 acres or more he is entitled to discharge a firearm on his land, as long as he is not recklessly intent in harming someone.This is state law.
Duck and Cover

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 26, 2013
What if he does not own 10 acres.
Maybe

Lenoir, NC

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Would your local sheriff be able to answer your questions?
We gud

Trinity, TX

#7 Jan 27, 2013
This is Texas, if he's shootin at ya, shoot back and kill him. Make it better for yourself and drag him on the your property.
Talk to the Sheriff, they may want him dead and you could earn brownie points.
It could be a win win situation.
God dang, I love Texas!
leon tipton

Lufkin, TX

#8 Jan 28, 2013
the bullets have to stay on his land!Its aginst the law to let yourbullest leave your property
Positive

Columbus, TX

#9 Jan 28, 2013
U R ignorant we gud...
Sounds like u have an ax to grind or u have been arrested 2 me.
Get an education...and get a life.
Sounds like a threat to me...maybe terrorist threat. U want someone 2 die?
Don't expect me to respond to whatever u say. Not worth my time.
Whoooa cowboy

Dallas, TX

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Positive wrote:
U R ignorant we gud...
Sounds like u have an ax to grind or u have been arrested 2 me.
Get an education...and get a life.
Sounds like a threat to me...maybe terrorist threat. U want someone 2 die?
Don't expect me to respond to whatever u say. Not worth my time.
Not trying to split hairs but, you just responded, and took your time to do so. Not trying to defend "we gud". I would also love to see a terroristic threat be prosecuted on an anonymous message board. Of course, Obama might make it happen!
God is in Control

Waxahachie, TX

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Whoooa cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to split hairs but, you just responded, and took your time to do so. Not trying to defend "we gud". I would also love to see a terroristic threat be prosecuted on an anonymous message board. Of course, Obama might make it happen!
U do know these post can be traced. Maybe not. Little kids get in trouble over lego guns, seems like message like the one against the sheriff should be taken seriously.
Whoooa cowboy

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2013
God is in Control wrote:
<quoted text>
U do know these post can be traced. Maybe not. Little kids get in trouble over lego guns, seems like message like the one against the sheriff should be taken seriously.
You do know those clouds that run East to West are actually alien radio waves that introduce anti religious beliefs into people. Oh, and Obama is a Muslim.
Duck and Cover

Houston, TX

#13 Jan 31, 2013
You guys have led me a little off topic but I appreciate the information. I understand now that I would not be off base to approach this person and request that he at least let me know when he is going to start his target practice, If he won't cooperate, I should call the law.
Leah

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Thats what you get for asking people on here for help
LOL

Columbus, TX

#15 Feb 2, 2013
How do they come up with locations for this forum?

LOL
Jon Stewart

Palestine, TX

#16 Feb 5, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Huh 939
Steve Conley ... Piece of crap (Jan '15) Mon Misti 35
Newest Stubbs rumor, anyone know the truth (Apr '08) Jul 26 silly 19
Dog and Beth Jul 25 LMAO 1
Now I'm Pissed off ! - Free tickets to the zoo ! (Oct '10) Jul 25 misunderstood 94
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jul 14 Mary 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages