Crockett Water
BillyBob

Mattoon, IL

#1 Feb 18, 2006
What's up with Crockett water? It's either over chlorinated or dirty. Can't they get it right?
BillyBob

Mattoon, IL

#2 Feb 18, 2006
Does anyone know who's in charge?
txo4

Cleburne, TX

#3 May 16, 2007
I'd call the city.
txo4

Espanola, NM

#4 May 17, 2007
City of Crockett Public Works number is 9365448391.

Since: May 07

Waco, TX

#5 May 24, 2007
are they working on the line some where?
Crockettmom

Denver, CO

#6 May 27, 2007
"Does anyone know who's in charge?"

I know some of the people that work at the treatment plant out on pipeline road. Tex Terry and Wayne Peterson. They are the only two that I can remember their names. I agree the water needs to be improved. Check the Houston County Courier in the classified section; they have had to post several hazard notices due to the fact that the water was not up to code. Symptoms include loose bowels, nausea, food poisoning type symptoms. Not something I would really like to experience.
Pricella

Rainbow, TX

#7 Jun 11, 2007
Crockett's water is terrible.
Laverne

Garrison, TX

#8 Jun 18, 2007
I do not mind the water.

“Exposing Hypocrites 1 by 1”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 22, 2009
I know this is an older post. I am waiting for it to warm so I will resurrect it..lol

We have a hot tub. When we fill the tub and check our chlorine level it is higher than the spa test kit recommends.
We do not drink the water and never will.
I have mentioned about my efforts to have an e-mail notification program implemented for notification of boil water notices.
You can use your imagination as to how far that initiative went.
crockett mom

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Feb 22, 2009
I don't think the water would be so bad if they cleaned the lake up. I hate to think what all is in that lake water. Anytime me or my family have ever swam there we got really sick. coincidince I think not.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2009
My understanding is the lake supplies 20% of the water? I could be wrong.

I agree there are septic systems that people are dumping in the lake. I know of many aerobic systems that are not maintained properly and spew raw sewage onto the ground and into the lake.

I also know of some of these being reported and absolutely nothing being done to correct the problem by our official in charge.

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Since: Jul 08

Terlingua

#12 Feb 24, 2009
Don't drink the water! I have a Britta filter on my sink,a filter on my ice maker and the water from both are just great --filtered ! But out of the tap --no thanks. Sure-- call the public works, the dog catcher, or any other City Dept........ same response------HUH?,,, "he's on vaction" "we don't know"..'we'll get right on it"..BTW there is the city water and Cosolidated water Supply -2 different entities ie --pipeline Rd .and my washing machine smells like crap too

Location hidden

#13 Feb 25, 2009
Gordonfan24 wrote:
.and my washing machine smells like crap too
Quit washing your underwear....just throw them away.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You left yourself open!

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Terlingua

#14 Feb 26, 2009
YEAH,,You're right ,I did ! I can only hope there's a bail-out coming for skid marks ... surely

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Terlingua

#15 Feb 26, 2009
As far as city H20 is concerned ,I had a leak once in my tub. The water splashed up on the sides of the bathtub and it left a red,greasy film on the sides.(I since have had the leak fixed) Now is that something you'd wanna pour in a glass and chug down? Before I got a filter on the ice-maker ..the ice was unusable

Location hidden

#16 Feb 27, 2009
I have thought about splashing (good choics of words) out to have the water tested by an outside lab.
Of course I would have the info and no one else. I doubt, "if" it was out of line the paper would want to know?
homesick18

Whitney, TX

#17 Feb 27, 2009
Gordonfan24 wrote:
YEAH,,You're right ,I did ! I can only hope there's a bail-out coming for skid marks ... surely
LOLOLOL!

Location hidden

#18 Feb 28, 2009
I had to change my water heater recently. It was 9 years old.
I was really surprised by the amount of corrosion on in the galvanized nipples.

I have changed many water heaters in my day and have never seen the corrosion I have on this one.

In fact, we work on 50 years old homes and the corrosion surpassed any older home I have ever seen.

Not sure why? Somethings in the water.

“U.S.A.R.I.P”

Terlingua

#19 Feb 28, 2009
Probaly the same pipes in the ground from when Davy Crockett took a drink here ! and he's dead
homesick18

Whitney, TX

#20 Feb 28, 2009
Gordonfan24 wrote:
Probaly the same pipes in the ground from when Davy Crockett took a drink here ! and he's dead
LOLOLOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I know what you did last night Steve conley Sun Ispy 1
Shut it Down, Stevenson Beer Distributing........ (Nov '12) Jul 22 lol 12
REWARD $500 cash for arrest/conviction on punks... Jul 22 Citizen 1
My name is Steve conley Jul 21 Steve 8
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Jul 18 Babs 13
John Cole Jul 17 Diana 1
Westwood Shores Security (Sep '07) Jul 16 Savage 230

Crockett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance