CLINT E. BAKER "Janera walls cousin" ...

CLINT E. BAKER "Janera walls cousin" Gets Life Sentence for Oklahoma Murder

There are 20 comments on the www.kbtx.com story from Sep 22, 2008, titled CLINT E. BAKER "Janera walls cousin" Gets Life Sentence for Oklahoma Murder. In it, www.kbtx.com reports that:

A Texas man has pleaded no contest to a first-degree murder charge and received a life prison sentence.He WILL DIE In Oklahoma State Pen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kbtx.com.

“Play Safe”

Since: Aug 07

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2008
God bless the Rich Family. Maybe now they can find that some justice has been served. We all knew Clint Baker was guilty of this horrendous crime, it was just a matter of time before the judge and jury convicted him. May god bless the Rich family. I an very sorry for your loss. Todd was a good man. May he walk with god.
GOD BLESS YOU

Longview, TX

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Sandy Horton wrote:
God bless the Rich Family. Maybe now they can find that some justice has been served. We all knew Clint Baker was guilty of this horrendous crime, it was just a matter of time before the judge and jury convicted him. May god bless the Rich family. I an very sorry for your loss. Todd was a good man. May he walk with god.
WHAT KIND OF MAN WAS TODD?
The Question Is

Rogers, AR

#3 Sep 23, 2008
The Question Is, what kind of man was Clint. It has now been prooven that the answer to that is a murderer. As far as what kind of man Todd was, He was not a man who deserved to die at the hands of Clint baker. Clint played God, Judge, Exicutioner and had no right to assume he would ever get away with it. It has been said before that Clint will die in an oklahoma jail for the murder of Todd Rich and you all didnt believe it. If you think for one minute that the tax payers are going to support Baker and let him live a cushy life in OSP after commiting murder, then you are just as stupid as Clint. Todd is dead. Clint Killed him, Clint is still alive, Not fair is it. Tick tock tick tock Tick tock tick tock Tick tock tick tock Tick tock tick tock. You all should have listened when we told you before. But its ok that you didnt, you showed the world your true colors. God Bless the Rich family. May they have total Justice soon. May The bakers rot in hell.
The Question Is

Rogers, AR

#4 Sep 23, 2008
There is no need to carry on a conversation with the family of a killer. We are getting what we want and you all are getting nothing. Clint Baker will die in Oklahoma as said many many times before.

“My babies resting ”

Since: May 08

Omaha, NE

#5 Sep 23, 2008
I am glad that the truth is out and now everyone knows what they believe about Clint being guilty is truth and the ones that thought he was not guilty is lies.
Truth Is Louder Then Lies

Rogers, AR

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Praise the lord the truth be known. Maybe now the Rich family can find a little Justice and closeur. There is other evidence that has not been admitted in this case. The reason being, Le didnt think it was nessesary because they knew they could put him away with what they presented. If an appeal is rendered in Clints behalf, At that time the rest of the evidence can be put on the table, thus new trial, new convition, new sentance. We are still praying for full closeur for the Rich Family, Their son is dead and clint need to be right there with him. Oklahoma LE rules this case.
pistolpete

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2008
now what are ya"ll losers going to do know that it is over, you did not have a life before and you sure wont have one now.

Since: Aug 08

Victoria, TX

#8 Sep 24, 2008
The Question Is wrote:
There is no need to carry on a conversation with the family of a killer. We are getting what we want and you all are getting nothing. Clint Baker will die in Oklahoma as said many many times before.
Hang505 please remove my name of this topix thank you Janera K
Murdock

Garrison, TX

#9 Sep 25, 2008
I told you all I would inform you on the latest news. Baker pleads no contest to murder and is sentenced to life.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/archivesearch/lo...

JPK

Since: Sep 08

Oak Harbor WA

#11 Sep 25, 2008
Im so confussed. Im in the dark in this. I dont know who to belive. Im in a shock. I dont know anymore...

JPK

Oak Harbor WA

#18 Sep 25, 2008
Truth Is Louder Then Lies wrote:
Nice new name Janey, To bad you cant change the Internet proto call number to go with it. Dumb ass.
What you can believe is clint baker murdered todd rich, Clint has admitted to doing it to keep his ass alive. There is no one that can say that he didnt do it. He has admitted to it and gave all the details about it to the DA. SO!!! Nanny Nanny doo doo stick your head in POO POO. Clint murdered TODD and theres nothing you can say to change the facts..
oh gawd James, I never said anything .. all i said im so confussed that all ..

JPK

Oak Harbor WA

#19 Sep 25, 2008
and no i dont want to fight with you. James (Jim)
hmmm

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Sep 26, 2008
Truth Is Louder Then Lies wrote:
No Contest is an admition of guilt, an admissin of the crime. Clint Baker Will Die In OSP. He Will Never Live To See Parole. FACT!!!
Actually No Contest means that he not admitting to the crime nor denying the crime.
Truth Louder Then Lies

Rogers, AR

#21 Sep 26, 2008
Actually, you better check the law a little closer. No contest is an admission of guilt without contest.
When a person is charged with commiting a crime, he or she is given the opportunity to respond. There are three possible responses: a guilty plea, not guilty plea, and no contest plea. If a defendant does not enter a plea, a plea of not guilty will be entered for him or her. From the Latin, nolo contendre, no contest means the person does not refute the charges, but also does not claim guilt for the charges. This can save time if a person convicted of a crime must stipulate to each of the charges.
However, while the person charged with the crime is not pleading guilty or contesting the charges, he or she is often considered guilty when pleading no contest. If sentencing for a crime is immediate then the plea does not carry any special weight when a judge considers sentencing.
In fact, a person who wants a trial to defend his or her innocence would probably not use a no contest plea. Sometimes a court can be petitioned for a change of plea, but this is not always allowed. Instead, the no contest plea is almost always used when the plea results in immediate sentencing. Additionally, a person convicted of a crime who pleaded no contest is just as guilt as if he or she pleaded guilty.
In some cases, however, clients who feel they would not win at charges but assert their innocence are convinced to plead no contest since this will result in a plea bargain. If the case really seems unwinnable in a trial by jury, a shorter sentence option may be more attractive. Yet the person still wants to somehow not make an absolute statement of guilt. In this case, one may plead no contest to suggest that one is resigned to accepting punishment for the charges but is not making an assertion of guilt.
This may not always be an effective strategy, particularly if the person asserting innocence may also be facing civil court for behaviors for which he or she is pleading no contest. In fact, a no contest plea is often looked at as a plea of guilty by the civil court, and thus the person is likely to lose lawsuits in civil court that result from damages incurred by the alleged crime. The no contest plea does not keep the court from finding the person guilty. In fact it almost always results in conviction.
State law in the US is usually the determining factor in whether a person can plead no contest. Sometimes the no contest plea is not allowed. Canadian laws leave decisions as to when the no contest plea can be used up to individual judges.
Bob

Rio Vista, TX

#24 Oct 9, 2008
Clint didn't get what he deserved. He murdered someone over drugs. The man is dead. Clint is still alive, and probably will be up for parole one day. Live the good life. Free meals, education, workout, and whatever else they do in prison. (hopefully he might make someone a good girlfriend) lol Yet someone that gets busted for drug use will serve a full sentence. Makes no sense to me. Clint pled guilty b/c he IS guilty. If he wasn't he would have fought it. He didn't have any proof to prove shit. He should be dead too.
anonymous

Casper, WY

#25 Jun 5, 2009
obviously Rich wasnt that good of a man, because whatever criminal activities he was participating in got him killed.
people usually get what they deserve, and Clint Baker and his family are just as much victims as is the dead guy and his family.
there still is no proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Clint committed this crime.
when the government gets ahold of your ass, you will agree to anything to save your life.
GET A CLUE WORLD!!!!!!!!!
i just cant believe you are ALL that stupid and uneducated. stop proving your stupidity to all of us.:)
signed,
anonymous.
anonymous

Casper, WY

#26 Jun 5, 2009
Bob wrote:
Clint didn't get what he deserved. He murdered someone over drugs. The man is dead. Clint is still alive, and probably will be up for parole one day. Live the good life. Free meals, education, workout, and whatever else they do in prison.(hopefully he might make someone a good girlfriend) lol Yet someone that gets busted for drug use will serve a full sentence. Makes no sense to me. Clint pled guilty b/c he IS guilty. If he wasn't he would have fought it. He didn't have any proof to prove shit. He should be dead too.
Since when do Americans have to prove thier innocence.????
isnt it the responsibility of the prosecutors to prove without a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty. which means -
we are All innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law!!
but we all know that our courts are filled with blood hungry sharks that focus on advancing their own careers, rather than doing the right thing for the right reasons.
Lets face it,the judges and prosecutors do not care who pays for the crime as long as they can close the case.
its all a bunch of crap no matter how you look at it, and this is supposedly the "LAND OF THE FREE" and what our service men are fighting for.
SOME RIGHTS!!!!!
Driver

Watkins Glen, NY

#27 Jun 6, 2009
He should have got the death penalty. Now the tax payer have to suppport his murderous ass. God Bless the Rich family.
jdw

Schaumburg, IL

#28 Jun 16, 2009
Driver wrote:
He should have got the death penalty. Now the tax payer have to suppport his murderous ass. God Bless the Rich family.
You or anyone does know what really happen. that girl told some of her friends she the one cut todds throat. annd clint got the blamed for it. so eat it. Todd wasnt a good man of the sound of it. so dont you dare say clint should got the death peanlty for it. you dontknow clint.
jdw

Schaumburg, IL

#29 Jun 16, 2009
opps doesnt ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calling ONLY current & former Brookshire's empl... (Nov '07) 22 hr Anonymous 160
Steve conley ( town thug) Sun Molly C 26
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jun 24 Seller L 76
My name is Steve conley Jun 23 Steve conley 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
2 bit punks & a con artist in Lakewood May 28 mia c 13
Most incompetent HOA in east tx history GONE!!!... May '16 Zorroandtonto 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crockett Mortgages