Since: Sep 08

Texas

#1 Aug 20, 2013
I have been gone from Trinity for a long time. I was considering moving back now that my children are out of school. I am reading some disturbing things. What is going on with TISD? I was considering suggesting my children and grandchildren move back too, now I am not so sure.

I first hear that Kevin Parrish is no longer with the district. What happened there?

Even more shocking, Brian Furbee is leaving. Why?

What is going on with these two men?

What has happened to Trinity ISD?
Positive and Supportive

Latexo, TX

#2 Aug 20, 2013
All is well with TISD, with new changes. As a parent I am very involved. If people find a better paying job, do you blame them for leaving. No not really? It is a business.

Texas

#3 Aug 20, 2013
So they are leaving on their own for better paying jobs?
Sam

Ponchatoula, LA

#4 Aug 21, 2013
No the district is pretty much forcing them out. Stay where you are this town and school for sure isn't the same!!

Texas

#5 Aug 21, 2013
Oh my goodness! Why is the district forcing them out? What about the others? There used to be some wonderful teachers there, who I thought would be there for life. As a matter of fact, I would be willing to bet thy are still there.

I looked at the TEA website and found that TISD is now one of the lowest rated districts in the state. Surely that is a mistake. As I recall, TISD had great teachers. What about the administration now?
Long Time TrinityResident

Waller, TX

#6 Aug 21, 2013
All of the new staff are very good and are making great changes. Already before school has even started you can see changes in athletics, band FFA, cheerleading and many other activities that have started up. As a long time supporter of TISD and parent I can tell you that prior to a year or so ago TISD was not doing very well. A lot of new teachers and administration have come in and I think if as a community we can stand by them and support them they will do great things for our kids. But it will take a few years.
In the know

Buffalo, TX

#7 Aug 23, 2013
Any time you have a big turn over, it takes time for the changes to show--whether good or bad. Trinity has had some amazing teachers that haven't stayed and some that shouldn't have been allowed to stay but did---just like in other districts. We have a lot of new teachers/administrators this year, who have a lot of fresh ideas. Only time will tell if they bear fruit....that is if folks higher up give it time to bear fruit.

Texas

#8 Aug 23, 2013
In the know wrote:
Any time you have a big turn over, it takes time for the changes to show--whether good or bad. Trinity has had some amazing teachers that haven't stayed and some that shouldn't have been allowed to stay but did---just like in other districts. We have a lot of new teachers/administrators this year, who have a lot of fresh ideas. Only time will tell if they bear fruit....that is if folks higher up give it time to bear fruit.
Are the "higher ups" that you mentioned the reason for the turn over? If so, can't something be done about that? That is so sad.

Texas

#9 Aug 31, 2013
Most definitely reconsidering...
wut

Huntsville, TX

#10 Sep 1, 2013
Concerned and Supportive wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the "higher ups" that you mentioned the reason for the turn over?
More likely the good teachers get fed up with the lack of intelligence in the area and leave as fast as their Prius can haul them out of there
unknown

Centerville, TX

#11 Sep 1, 2013
wut wrote:
<quoted text>More likely the good teachers get fed up with the lack of intelligence in the area and leave as fast as their Prius can haul them out of there
I disagree, first off, I don't know any teacher with a Prius, and the students here have amazing potential, and personality! They just need to be pushed. Most parents here care about their child's education and do all they can. The good teachers that know this about the students and parents have stayed.
Disgusted with Plymale

Taylor, TX

#12 Sep 2, 2013
I know for a fact that a lot of the teachers left because of the current administration. With a school board that goes along with everything that a tyrant of a Superintendent says, what do you expect. Mr. Parish was forced out. Mr. Furbee left before the same thing happened to him. Until this town wakes up and gets rid of the current school board nothing will change. I hope that Mr. Huffman and Mr. Searcy do not fall into the same routine as the other members. Remember 2 of them are up for re-election in the upcoming race.

Texas

#13 Sep 3, 2013
If I remember correctly, there have been good administrations in the past, but I cannot remember names for the life of me. The Board has been in place for a long time hasn't it?

Texas

#14 Sep 3, 2013
I believe Mr. Copley is who I was thinking of. He always had good discipline.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why would a loving God create so many ugly wome... Dec 24 Enough Faith 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Lake L Subdivision (Dec '08) Dec 7 avh 172
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Farm Aid concert to save Westwood Shores (Feb '14) Nov 27 unknown 3
Westwood Shores- Worst Real Estate Disaster in... (Nov '13) Nov '14 Imoutofthismess 12
Opps Bobby Did it again. Nov '14 ranee 1
Crockett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Crockett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crockett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:16 am PST