unconstitutional in Virginia

Posted in the Crockett Forum

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2011
This is another scam to repress the good people of Texas and I personally feel it's wrong. Here is my story:

Last June my wife and I went to Houston to buy a used car from an individual. After the purchase we wanted to stop by A few stores on I-45 North, I am in the vehicle we just purchased and she is in our vehicle. I made a U-turn under the underpass and a Sheriff Deputy is sitting on a motorcycle and asked me to pull over. Ok I just bought the vehicle and yes both the inspection and registration was expired and I had planned to add it
To my insurance the following day. I received 3 tickets, No Proof of Insurance, Expired Registration, and Expired Inspection. That's fine by me because I shouldn't have drove it like that but I did, let me add that I have 10 years prior Law Enforcement Texas Peace Officer experience and I deserved to be ticketed. I paid Harris Co. S.O. fees of $1073.00 for my tickets. Today 9 Months after the incident I received a letter from MSB A Private Corporation from Hauppauge, NY. It starts off by saying that my Drivers License will be suspended effective 04/13/11 if I don't pay a $260 No Insurance Surcharge. I did some research and it has been repealed in Virginia and labeled Unconstitutional so WTF. If it's unconstitutional in Virginia the last time I checked Texas and Virginia as all the other states are going by the same US Constitution. Does anyone feel that this MSB Surcharge is just another way to fund the corruption in our Government? Oh and Texas does not receive these funds, the funds go into an account held in Washington.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 19, 2011
Let me just add that it has been over 15 years since my last moving violation or ticket of any kind by Law Enforcement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Conley ... Piece of crap 9 min Clown face 29
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue Fartdog 843
KC bar and Grill May 19 not curious 2
Stay away from Waller Thornton funeral home May 16 Steve 4
trinity county deer season (Sep '10) May 14 Bo Willis TX 42
School bond results from Sat. voting? May 13 silly 4
More from around the web

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]