Minority Students More Likely To Be Paddled

Paddlings, swats, licks. A quarter of a million schoolchildren got them in 2007 -- and blacks, American Indians and kids with disabilities got a disproportionate share of the punishment, according to a study by ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hmm

United States

#1 Aug 20, 2008
The lesson that hurts the most lasts the longest.

If Timmy hits Billy in the head with a rock and NOTHING happens to timmy, all he has to do is sit in the corner and "think about what he did"....then he is going to sit in the corner giggling about how he got away with hitting billy with a rock.
Now, if timmy gets his @ smacked for doing it, THEN he is going to think "hhm, I hit billy with a rock and it hurt ME....1+1= dont do that again because it hurts ME"
Ex - Teacher

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 20, 2008
I think spanking should not be over used especially with younger kids. I am curious to see the facts on when it started to be banned vs the increased crime rates in our youth. Just so you know I not saying spank for every misbehavior each child is different and should be handled as so.
Carson Kressley

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Aug 20, 2008
Hit me till it hurts !!!!!!!!!!
Bonnie

Sewell, NJ

#4 Aug 20, 2008
If parents were more involved in parenting, there would be no cause for the schools to be parenting. Other than that, if a teacher or any school administrator ever laid one angry hand on my youngins, they would not be safe from me no matter where they lived.
NWO

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Hmm wrote:
The lesson that hurts the most lasts the longest.
If Timmy hits Billy in the head with a rock and NOTHING happens to timmy, all he has to do is sit in the corner and "think about what he did"....then he is going to sit in the corner giggling about how he got away with hitting billy with a rock.
Now, if timmy gets his @ smacked for doing it, THEN he is going to think "hhm, I hit billy with a rock and it hurt ME....1+1= dont do that again because it hurts ME"
Right On !!

Since: Aug 08

Melrose Park, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Hmm wrote:
The lesson that hurts the most lasts the longest.
If Timmy hits Billy in the head with a rock and NOTHING happens to timmy, all he has to do is sit in the corner and "think about what he did"....then he is going to sit in the corner giggling about how he got away with hitting billy with a rock.
Now, if timmy gets his @ smacked for doing it, THEN he is going to think "hhm, I hit billy with a rock and it hurt ME....1+1= dont do that again because it hurts ME"
Tim .....Timmy!
Steve

Waterloo, IL

#7 Aug 20, 2008
More likely they need it ,they don't get it at home.
Hmmm

Oceanside, CA

#8 Aug 20, 2008
And the minority in America is now white kids.
Joey

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Aug 20, 2008
I am neither a minority nor a student but I do enjoy a good paddling now and then
Sam

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Aug 20, 2008
The racial scorekeepers are really grasping with this one.
Considering the level of disrespect and crime rate among blacks, it should come as no surprise that they also get disciplined more often. Just as boys usually cause more trouble than girls and this is why they get the paddle more.

These shrill activists of Human Rights Watch and others have been trying to turn public acceptance for spanking for some time now. But judging by the poll attached to this story showing that a whopping 83%(!) of respondents see spanking as a good tool, their message seems to be failing. So they have resorted to the old Liberal tried and true method of stirring racial suspicions.
Such meddling Liberals really should just STFU and find a better use for their time.
Big Tony

Midlothian, VA

#12 Aug 20, 2008
I know a couple of bars downtown where you have to pay a girl to paddle you....
Joey

Palo Alto, CA

#13 Aug 20, 2008
Big Tony wrote:
I know a couple of bars downtown where you have to pay a girl to paddle you....
I'm in!!!
Suzie

Morrisville, PA

#14 Aug 20, 2008
Seems like the more "Racially tolerant" our society gets, the more we have to hear about "racial injustices". I'm getting pretty sick of it. I'm not for schools spanking in our day and age (with all the molestation going on) but its true, if parents would train their kids, the schools wouldn't have to.
Sam

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 20, 2008
Suzie wrote:
Seems like the more "Racially tolerant" our society gets, the more we have to hear about "racial injustices". I'm getting pretty sick of it.
Yeah, the racial leveragists are really having to stretch to keep the scoldings going.
Dick Fitzentite

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2008
We need more teachers who will put the "board of education" on the "seat of understanding". Especially the minority students. They are the most loud, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, disrespectful brats society has ever seen. Beat 'em hard, beat 'em, fast, and beat 'em often. I say take them out in the middle of the school and give them the Wisdom Wacker in front of everyone. Public humiliation works wonders.

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#17 Aug 20, 2008
is the teacher giving the spanking hot?
i might find myself some aero clothes and head down to that school to get in trouble.
Youhave2bekiddin g

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Aug 20, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
If parents were more involved in parenting, there would be no cause for the schools to be parenting. Other than that, if a teacher or any school administrator ever laid one angry hand on my youngins, they would not be safe from me no matter where they lived.
Comin from you thats funny. Im tempted to smack one of ur kids just to watch u leap froggy.
Youhave2bekiddin g

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 20, 2008
Dick Fitzentite wrote:
We need more teachers who will put the "board of education" on the "seat of understanding". Especially the minority students. They are the most loud, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, disrespectful brats society has ever seen. Beat 'em hard, beat 'em, fast, and beat 'em often. I say take them out in the middle of the school and give them the Wisdom Wacker in front of everyone. Public humiliation works wonders.
LOL! I go to the mall and see white kids cursing their moms out, having tantrums, and acting the fool all the time. Now kids from the hood are just rough around the edges. Dont be scared they wont hurt u. Well maybe they will but you probably deserve it :)
Youhave2bekiddin g

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Aug 20, 2008
Sam wrote:
The racial scorekeepers are really grasping with this one.
Considering the level of disrespect and crime rate among blacks, it should come as no surprise that they also get disciplined more often. Just as boys usually cause more trouble than girls and this is why they get the paddle more.
These shrill activists of Human Rights Watch and others have been trying to turn public acceptance for spanking for some time now. But judging by the poll attached to this story showing that a whopping 83%(!) of respondents see spanking as a good tool, their message seems to be failing. So they have resorted to the old Liberal tried and true method of stirring racial suspicions.
Such meddling Liberals really should just STFU and find a better use for their time.
LOL. Maybe republicans should start doing something? 8 years of a republican president were in 2 1/2 wars and its bleeding us dry. How bout you guys concentrate on not cashing in on every single penny you can for your friends? you guys nominated GEORGE BUSH for president of your party I can even believe you guys are permitted to speak.
manders

San Diego, CA

#22 Aug 20, 2008
Paddling? Not in my classroom! The students in my class know from day one I will not tolerate disrespect and misbehavior. They help create the room rules, and know the consequences if they do not follow them. As an adult, it is unacceptable to swat a fellow employee (or friend) if they say something that upsets you, or "acts up". We are not raising children, we are raising adults; they need to be taught how to solve problems without violence and many are not taught at home. If parents were modeling acceptable and appropriate behavior at home, if they were monitoring what their children watch on tv, and if they actually paid attention to what their kids were doing, we wouldn't have so many discipline problems in school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crockett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 min What I say xoxo 18,402
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 16 hr That Fart Guy 22,587
Trinity ISD Turnover??? (Apr '13) Sep 16 Gone 35
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
windstream Phone line Sep 11 misty 2
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 796
•••
•••
•••

Crockett Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Crockett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Crockett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Crockett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••