Upside-down flag protest upsets Wisconsin town

Full story: TwinCities.com
A U.S. flag flown upside down as a protest in a northern Wisconsin village was seized by police before a Fourth of July parade, and the businessman who flew it, an Iraq war veteran, claims the officers trespassed and stole his property. Full Story
Toomy

Concord, CA

#1 Jul 11, 2009
Free speech except when I don't like it... seems to be the way this country operates... they hypocrisy is so bad that America is in total denial, but not the rest of the world. We condemn the Afghans for forcing(?) women to cover themselves (most choose to for cultural reasons) yet we say NOTHING to the Saudi's who not only FORCE women to cover themselves, but the only country that women CAN'T VOTE, women also can't drive (how stupid is that) and women can't travel without husbands permission... so DON'T tell me about how horrible women have it in other countries when we IGNORE the country that gave us the 9/11 hijackers (Saudi Arabia)..
Marshall

Wausau, WI

#2 Jul 11, 2009
I hope the ACLU not only sues for violating his First Amendment Rights but also his Fourth Amendment Rights for illegal seizure of his property.
Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 13, 2009
I guess things don't change too much in 30 years. Good old Vito must not be a Catholic. When I grew up in Crivitz, the "Catholic mafia" decided who got preferential treatment. Back then there were 3 grocery stores in town, all would have liked to have liqour licenses, but only one got one. It is the only remaining grocery store in town and it is owned by a Catholic. What is the towns reason for not giving him a license? What town wouldn't want a new business? Looks like the same games that have always been played there. Keep protesting Vito!
Vickie O

Fall Creek, WI

#5 Jul 14, 2009
Joe wrote:
I guess things don't change too much in 30 years. Good old Vito must not be a Catholic. When I grew up in Crivitz, the "Catholic mafia" decided who got preferential treatment. Back then there were 3 grocery stores in town, all would have liked to have liqour licenses, but only one got one. It is the only remaining grocery store in town and it is owned by a Catholic. What is the towns reason for not giving him a license? What town wouldn't want a new business? Looks like the same games that have always been played there. Keep protesting Vito!
Oh Joe you got it right on the head. They gave a cop a liquor license and he is already out of business. We have one grocery store now and they decided not to allow any other in so far. This would be the only place in downtown crivitz and they don't like it at all I'm sure. And seeing he is not from Crivitz that is another reason. Clan won't let you in unless they like you or are not competing with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crivitz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Famous Shaffer Park Supper Club Destroyed By Fire Sep '14 Greg Balcerek 2
Teen In Crivitz School Threat Faces 4 Charges (Feb '10) Sep '14 guest 4
SC Fire and Rescue Finalize Picnic Plans Aug '14 Joe Merriman 1
Review: Caine & Associates May '14 John Doe 1
Porfilio, Paul J. (Oct '08) Apr '14 Shawna 2
Propane Shortage Easing, Still Hurts (Feb '14) Feb '14 charlie 1
New Details: Marinette County Shooting (Aug '12) Oct '13 lol ur smart 2
Crivitz Dating
Find my Match

Crivitz Jobs